Worst Holidays, Ranked

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Worst Holidays, Ranked

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:50 pm

1. Thanksgiving: Awful food culture to celebrate awful turns in human history and (even though I don't have this problem) an annual chance for most people to reaffirm that they sort of hate their families while nevertheless traveling great lengths to see them because of 'tradition' before throwing all that shit out the window to get a marginally better deal when everything goes "on sale" on Black Friday.

Shit sucks.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Worst Holidays, Ranked

Postby rustywire » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:07 pm

Valentine's Day is the only acceptable choice for WOAT ***holiday***
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Christmas, easily.
My family aren't religious at all and it still took YEARS to get anyone to understand that you don't actually have to participate in these things.

I think the New Year is the most logical/deserving holiday but over here it's just an excuse to wind down and get shit-faced after grueling Christmas obligations.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 pm

I'm lucky that my entire family is actually really awesome (seriously, not one person we all hate or something, it's strange).

Valentine's Day gets the obligatory vote.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:33 pm

You poopers all suck. I love the holidays and the warm fuzzies they provide.

I'll eat some mooshed potooters for each of you. Good night.

(Yeah, V-Day get it, or "sweetest day" if we're even counting that as a thing)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:35 pm

When the histories are written about the decline of the USA as we know it the blame will fall squarely on turkey and stuffing.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm not usually one rooting for the fall of civilization, but if it comes in the form of a tryptophan coma, sign me up for that apocalypse.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:19 pm

I love the eating and drinking holidays (thanksgiving, new years... probably more) and despise the gift/spending holidays (christmas, birthdays, valentines day)
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:23 pm

I mean there's no doubt that Halloween is the best holiday but damn if it isn't followed by the worst (and, no, Guy Fawkes day doesn't count you can fuck right off with your discount dollar trenchcoat shenanigans)
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Father's Day and Mother's Day are fucking stupid.
I think I hate them more than Valentine's day, which when I think about it I just don't really care about.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby space6oy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:30 pm

halloween, christmas and new years are the only that i enjoy. because they can be fun. my extended family gatherings on one side have died, which is an awesome relief for me. the other side i just avoid when possible (like this weekend).

also black friday all week bullshit is annoying as hell.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Everything sucks except for Halloween :idk:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Everything sucks except for Halloween :idk:

Agreed.

I'm going to toss Easter into the mix, mainly because I'm an atheist and a chunk of my inlaws are baptists, so they go extra stupid come spring time and want to rub that shit all over everyone.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Yeah. D.o.S's original post applies to any big Holliday that isn't Halloween. Thanksgiving doesn't exist here. So I'd say Xmas, followed by easter. At least JeebusMas has ILFMas to offset the hypocrisy of spending so much time with your loathable and aggravating "loved ones".

Valentine's Day and Father's / Mother's Day are just ridiculous. Should be on the same day so the single orphan or the single kid raised by a gay couple feels excluded only on day a year :lol:

We should mention weddings that well. If I'm ever dropping some money to celebrate our fiscal advantages with my SO, I hope we'll take 2 weeks of vacation abroad instead. :lol:
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:09 pm

goroth wrote:Father's Day and Mother's Day are fucking stupid.

Get better kids? Me and my brother just gave my father loads of beer for father's day, and we all enjoyed. You will probably enjoy it once your kids grow older.

But yeah, holidays aside from new years are weird. I do enjoy Christmas because I enjoy giving the people that matter to me a gift once a year, but that could easily be relocated to new years. Also, I don't get Halloween?

Disclaimer: I love my family.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to General Discussion