Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:43 am

Reverb 15 percent off sale and you can get like 500 dollars off a series two in lucite. I'm almost tempted since I've always wanted a clear guitar like those armstrongs. Just I don't know if my neck could carry that for any extended period of time, and I would be forced to sell my current guitar since I vowed never to have more than one expensive guitar :(
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby SPACERITUAL » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

gusman2x wrote:What bad vibes were attached to Spaceritual's?

Paid up front, quoted 90 days, waited something like 10 months being told through phone and email that it was coming "next week". When my spot finally came around, they shipped out a guitar without even sending me a picture for confirmation that was wrong in almost every way except color. I asked for a refund and was told no. They offered $150 off the retail, I said no and posted it for sale on the EGC Facebook. Kevin removed the post and blocked me from the Facebook. I tried to sell it on several forums, Kevin made a post about how the guitar, that i paid for, that he actually shipped to me, was not mine and i was trying to scam people. Ruined my rep on most of the gear forums and got me banned from a couple. They finally made a guitar that was to specs but was ...somewhat halfassed. I made a post about it and after enough people cancelled their orders he gave me a refund in exchange for removing the post.

Im not saying kevin makes shitty guitars and from what I hear my case was an extreme exception in terms of shit hitting the fan but I'd say if you ever order, do not pay a cent more than the deposit until you see at least a picture of the finished product. And get ready to wait. And when you get emails about it being "next week" ignore the shit out of them.

TBH I've spent a lot of money on custom guitars and gotten fucked a lot but one thing id say to keep in mind is that you pays the deposit and take your chances. These guys are artists and not necessarily professionals. They run their businesses on heart and not really on brains, so don't be totally discouraged, but only pay the deposit until your guitar is complete and ready to ship. That keeps your risk minimal and gives the luthier incentive to do a good job.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:19 pm

gusman2x wrote:What bad vibes were attached to Spaceritual's?

Paid up front, quoted 90 days, waited something like 10 months being told through phone and email that it was coming "next week". When my spot finally came around, they shipped out a guitar without even sending me a picture for confirmation that was wrong in almost every way except color. I asked for a refund and was told no. They offered $150 off the retail, I said no and posted it for sale on the EGC Facebook. Kevin removed the post and blocked me from the Facebook. I tried to sell it on several forums, Kevin made a post about how the guitar, that i paid for, that he actually shipped to me, was not mine and i was trying to scam people. Ruined my rep on most of the gear forums and got me banned from a couple. They finally made a guitar that was to specs but was ...somewhat halfassed. I made a post about it and after enough people cancelled their orders he gave me a refund in exchange for removing the post.

Im not saying kevin makes shitty guitars and from what I hear my case was an extreme exception in terms of shit hitting the fan but I'd say if you ever order, do not pay a cent more than the deposit until you see at least a picture of the finished product. And get ready to wait. And when you get emails about it being "next week" ignore the shit out of them.

TBH I've spent a lot of money on custom guitars and gotten fucked a lot but one thing id say to keep in mind is that you pays the deposit and take your chances. These guys are artists and not necessarily professionals. They run their businesses on heart and not really on brains, so don't be totally discouraged, but only pay the deposit until your guitar is complete and ready to ship. That keeps your risk minimal and gives the luthier incentive to do a good job.

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gusman2x » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Sucks for sure :(

Luckilly i had a completely hassle free experience with kevin and hilary.
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby SPACERITUAL » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Yeah like I said, my case is in the vast minority. I really wish it hadn't totally ruined our relationship as I have some cool ideas that I'd like to try but unfortunately that ship sailed then promptly sunk.

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby louderthangod » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:18 pm

My experience with Kevin was that the timeline's weren't even vaguely close. I think my double-neck was over a year late, maybe a year and a half. I love his guitars to the point where I'm selling most of my standard wood guitars but I do wish there were more than a couple of people making aluminum based guitars.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby gusman2x » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:22 am

I think if I'd been in a position to get one of the new Obstructures, then I would have. But cash doesn't allow at present. And to be honest, the only thing I'd change about my EGC would be the weight, and I think Obstructures are supposed to be really heavy anyway.
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby foomanfat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:14 pm

louderthangod wrote:My experience with Kevin was that the timeline's weren't even vaguely close.

Same here. My guitar took one year and eight months after being quoted 15 weeks.
After 15 months of waiting and being told my guitar would be shipped shortly, I was asked to call Kevin. He informed me that my finished guitar had apparently been stolen by a former employee. This was two months after being told my guitar would ship within the week. I was assured that my guitar would be rebuilt in the coming weeks with frequent updates.
I then waited an additional five months with very sparse communication. When the guitar arrived, it was wired incorrectly. I sent it back to be rewired and sold it a week later.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:30 pm

gusman2x wrote:I think if I'd been in a position to get one of the new Obstructures, then I would have. But cash doesn't allow at present. And to be honest, the only thing I'd change about my EGC would be the weight, and I think Obstructures are supposed to be really heavy anyway.

Obstructures are heavy as shit. When I had my old one it was between 12-15 pounds
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gusman2x » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:53 am

skullservant wrote:
gusman2x wrote:I think if I'd been in a position to get one of the new Obstructures, then I would have. But cash doesn't allow at present. And to be honest, the only thing I'd change about my EGC would be the weight, and I think Obstructures are supposed to be really heavy anyway.

Obstructures are heavy as shit. When I had my old one it was between 12-15 pounds

Think my EGC is probably around 12 lbs. Not sure why it ended up so heavy. All aluminium. I chose the thick neck option, so I guess that may be part of it.
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby skullservant » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:14 am

My Tyranny hovers around 9ish
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gusman2x » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 am

skullservant wrote:My Tyranny hovers around 9ish

Yeah, so I guess that mine at about 11.5-12 is probably right then, as the Tyranny is pretty small, and known for being the "lightweight option". Your TB Designs was really light though was it not?
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby skullservant » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Yeah it was pretty close. High 9's low 10's. Let's stop talking about that guitar before I tear up
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gusman2x » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 am

skullservant wrote:Yeah it was pretty close. High 9's low 10's. Let's stop talking about that guitar before I tear up

Can't believe you sold it. Thought I'd never really want a TB as I like the aluminium board, but in recent times I've been having those hankerings....
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby skullservant » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:47 am

I got in way over my head for that guitar. In fact, still paying for it even though it's gone. I'm a thin neck convert and aluminum fretboard junkie and while it was my white whale and sounded beautiful I couldn't justify trying to come up with all that money that I didn't have. Those pickups haunt me
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass