different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby kbit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:49 am

CBA wrote:So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

Seems like this sucker has a looooooot of possibilities but I don't know if I have room for it!

C

Seriously, praise you Brian for the two separate volume knobs.
Infinitely better than a mix / blend knob.
More pedals need this.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Casavettes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:
CBA wrote:So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

Seems like this sucker has a looooooot of possibilities but I don't know if I have room for it!

C

More pedals need this.

could not agree more
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Achtane » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Casavettes wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:

C

More pedals need this.

could not agree more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sillygangsta » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 am

hi guys, im the dorko that chillerthanmost sold the 3rd tafm to. just noticed this thread. he told me that it would be buffered when he sent it. set her up and she sounded sick, just a lil cold and modern for what i was going for. so i switched the little thingys inside to make it unbuffered and i fell in love. i have a jcm 800 and a super reverb and i think it's sounds better through the super reverb. the month i bought it was crazy. i had never used pedals before and went from having none to 6 (i was sinbad broke after that, tbh i still am).
sillygangsta

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby kbit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:52 am

Welcome to the fam, man; glad you're loving your fuzz and goin' for broke :thumb:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:03 pm

sillygangsta wrote:hi guys, im the dorko that chillerthanmost sold the 3rd tafm to. just noticed this thread. he told me that it would be buffered when he sent it. set her up and she sounded sick, just a lil cold and modern for what i was going for. so i switched the little thingys inside to make it unbuffered and i fell in love. i have a jcm 800 and a super reverb and i think it's sounds better through the super reverb. the month i bought it was crazy. i had never used pedals before and went from having none to 6 (i was sinbad broke after that, tbh i still am).

:hug: welcome! i test all of my pedals on a fender twin (as well as a few others) so i'm not surprised that it sounds great through the super.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

I ordered a TAFM from Coast Sonic on Friday and it's on the truck scheduled for delivery today. I guess I just saw too many threads where someone wanders into ilf for the first time to start a new thread asking "what fuzz should I get?" and getting the inevitable flood of "team awesome fuzz machine or algal bloom" responses.

Anyway, I browsed through a few threads here and elsewhere and have realized that TAFM has gone through some versions and changes through the years. What is to be known about the most current iteration? Has anything changed much since 2013?
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby lost in music » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Jeez, I guess I came to the wrong forum if I wanted to find people who like to talk about TAFM!
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby lost in music » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:52 am

It's an awesome pedal, anyway, is my review.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 pm

There is no forum where people don't love talking about the tafm. Maybe you just picked an off day..
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby guitarslinger21 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:49 am

I've had two of the earliest, and one of the natgeo models.

The natgeo sounds way better.
WTB: Basic Audio Kay Fuzz
guitarslinger21

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

guitarslinger21 wrote:I've had two of the earliest, and one of the natgeo models.

The natgeo sounds way better.

truth :lol:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm

TAFM absolutely fucking loves my '64 Mustang. I don't know what it is, I like my jaguars more with pretty much everything, but the Mustang and the TAFM just click perfectly.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby benjuro » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:38 pm

I've been using my V5 TAFM through a buddy's Marshall VBA400/8x10 rig (yeah, that's 400 watts tube) and it slays. The separate clean and fuzz volumes are pure genius.

Mine has this blue rectangular trimpot with a brass screw...that just spins endlessly and seems to have no effect. Anyone else have this?

DSCN2707 copy.JPG
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:18 pm

No idea on the trim, just want to feel the TAFM through 400 tube watts.

:rock:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound