ILF Secret Santa 2016

Moderator: Ghost Hip

ILF Secret Santa 2016

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Ho Ho Ho!

It’s time to give until it hurts. Get yourself involved in a randomized secret santa arrangement with the weirdest group of miscreants you’re ever likely to share postage with.

If you want to participate, these are the rules:
    1. Don't be an asshole.

2. ILF Management will review all applicants for rule 1 compliance.

3. Minimum post count of 500.
    Criteria for exception:
      Successful participation in previous Secret Santa.
      Endorsement by other forum members.
      Good trading record.
      Other active participation in the community such as to constitute good vibes.
    4. What should be in the package:
      A pedal or musical apparatus somewhere in the value range of $75. Used or new.
      Consumables or other treats.
      A piece of recorded music. Your own or something you think the recipient should hear.
      Love (or a simulacrum thereof)
    5. Presents must reach their destination in time to be opened by Christmas.

6. Failure to send a gift will result in Ban Hammering. The Management does not enjoy that, you will not enjoy that. And remember, we know where you live.

7. With great power comes great responsibility. The organizer will not be included in the list of participants.

Dates:
10/11 - Applications are due
10/17 or sooner - I’ll send emails telling everyone who their recipients will be.
Mid December - Time to ship

If you’d like to participate, send an email to: ILFSecretSanta2016@gmail.com
Include the following information:
ILF handle
Real name
Shipping address
Phone number
If in the USA, are you willing to ship internationally? If you’re in a country other than the USA, where are you willing and unwilling to ship?
Preferred date to receive your gift.
Can you play vinyl records? CDs? Cassettes? Downloads?

I will confirm receipt of every request. If you don’t get a confirmation within a week of emailing, try again, then try PMing me here.

Etc. Guidelines:
Please take a few minutes to peruse the previous ILFSS threads to get a sense of what sorts of things people find delightful.

On choosing a pedal: Make sure to search the user’s posts to see what they have and what they might want. The “Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!” viewtopic.php?f=149&t=393 thread can be particularly insightful. Prefer an ILF builder.

On treats: Prefer local and artisanal. Send something weird that your recipient has never had. Send something you think your recipient will like (or be entertained in hating.) Send something that’s meaningful to you. Include an open-by date on the outside of the box. If you're going to ship anything in a glass bottle or jar, wrap it very carefully and isolate it from any music gear you're sending.

On shipping: Plan to ship with enough time that your recipient will have it before christmas. College students tend to get very busy and may not be able to receive packages at the end of the semester. When you sign up, please think about where you’ll be at the end of December. If you move, please send me your new address so I can forward it to your santa.

On secrecy: I like to give and receive anonymously. You should, too.

We've been doing this long enough that we might get repeats of previous givers and recipients. For me, one of the fun things is getting to know someone I might not have previously paid attention to. Let me know who you've had before if you want to avoid repeats? I should be able to work with the list to prevent it.

This year's wishlists:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=54075

Previous threads:
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=48870
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=43217
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=37067
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=28756
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=19911
viewtopic.php?f=149&t=12937
Last edited by oldangelmidnight on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: ILF Secret Santa 2016

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:50 pm

I am stoked, and I think you would make a great organizer, OAM. :)

Same regulations/rules as last year?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby morange » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:55 pm

Awesome
morange

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:58 pm

Yess!!!

I was just thinking of this, but thought maybe it was too early to make a post about it. (last one was mid sept)

Definitely in and you seem great to run it.

You should totally still participate though
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:59 pm

It's pronounced Secret Satan, though.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:05 pm

Way to blow the secret, D.o.S.
Rule #1: All participants must secrete Satan. Those without Satanic glands must provide medical documentation.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:07 pm

I can review the previous threads and try to put together a clear description of the rules and guidelines.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:13 pm

neonblack wrote:RULES
1. Don't be an asshole.

2. Minimum post count requirement of 500. Only exception is people that successfully participated in previous versions of Secret Santa, please include previous assignment(s) in your email for easier verification. If you have less than 500 posts, we can bend this rule if you have some folks vouch for you. A good trading record will make a big difference here.

3. ILF Management will review ALL applicants for rule 1 compliance.

4. Presents should reach their destination by Christmas, it's called Secret Santa, if you can't commit to that do not sign up.

5. Gift range is $50-$100. You can go higher if you're able. Include local snax. ONE GIFT MUST BE A PEDAL OF SOME SORT!!!!! (NOTE: We had some folks go overboard last year. This is totally acceptable. It's also acceptable to stay between the $50-100 range. Don't be a cheapass though.

6. Failure to send the gift will result in Ban Hammering. The Management does not enjoy that, you will not enjoy that.

The post count thing was a little lenient last time, there were a solid few in the 350 range.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Father Christmas is ready to spread his white joy all over your faces!! :dance:

(I'm in)
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:21 pm

I'm totally in this year!!!!!!

I'm a gonna secrete the shit out of Satan.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MSUsousaphone » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Pretty sure statute 27.35 B states that the organizer must have joined no later than August 7th, 2009. It says that we can bypass this statute if said organizer does the customary offering of buying a candy bar for all active members on the forum upon the next equinox.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:37 pm

I'm in!!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:39 pm

DRodriguez wrote:
neonblack wrote:RULES
1. Don't be an asshole.

2. Minimum post count requirement of 500. Only exception is people that successfully participated in previous versions of Secret Santa, please include previous assignment(s) in your email for easier verification. If you have less than 500 posts, we can bend this rule if you have some folks vouch for you. A good trading record will make a big difference here.

3. ILF Management will review ALL applicants for rule 1 compliance.

4. Presents should reach their destination by Christmas, it's called Secret Santa, if you can't commit to that do not sign up.

5. Gift range is $50-$100. You can go higher if you're able. Include local snax. ONE GIFT MUST BE A PEDAL OF SOME SORT!!!!! (NOTE: We had some folks go overboard last year. This is totally acceptable. It's also acceptable to stay between the $50-100 range. Don't be a cheapass though.

6. Failure to send the gift will result in Ban Hammering. The Management does not enjoy that, you will not enjoy that.

The post count thing was a little lenient last time, there were a solid few in the 350 range.

Like you IIRC.

I think active participation is more important than post count.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:51 pm

IN with intention to give twice as much as I receive, just like last year :group:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:52 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Like you IIRC.

I think active participation is more important than post count.

Aye, that's why I'm making note of it and encouraging it again. Maybe lenient was the wrong word choice to make that clear though. :idk:
We're on the same page though :hug:
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion