Re: Happiness?

Postby odontophobia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:19 pm

swoon. this thing is awesome.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby baremountain » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:48 am

This might be a stupid question, but can the LFO output be converted from 1/8" to 1/4" TRS? I'm curious if I'd be able to use the internal LFO to control CV sweeps on something like the Count to 5 or my Super Radical Delay.
I'm currently in the process of moving, but this thing is at the top of my 'to-buy' list when I get settled and replenish my bank account.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:21 am

Would Hapiness work well with a Roland EV-5 exp pedal?
I'm impressed!!!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:39 am

Is there some kinda manual for this thing?

(Also, what if I want some mandolin to come out?)
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby baremountain » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Just took the plunge and ordered mine through the Reverb 15% off sale. Can't freakin' wait. I also have all the parts necessary to build a 1/8" CV to TRS cable coming in the mail, so hopefully I can do some weird syncing of the LFO w another pedal's Exp controls.

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:51 am

sylnau wrote:Would Hapiness work well with a Roland EV-5 exp pedal?
I'm impressed!!!

How would it work with an EV-5, anybody tried it yet?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:03 am

some dude named "RyRod" :love: knobs' hynotic sounds:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:06 am

I just found out about this thing, because I am a fuckhead, and watched the Knobs and Aen demos.
I don't want a Murf anymore.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:08 am

:lol:

Yeah, this thing sounds great. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:38 am

So I caved and bought one during the Reverb 15% off sale. It arrived at my new house as we started to unload our Uhaul this weekend so I've only had a couple hours to play with it, but DAMN is this an incredible device. I haven't even played with the expression pedal controls yet and I already feel like there's a whole world of possibility.
Now that there are demos by PGS and Knobs I think there are plenty of examples of what kind of sounds are possible, but if you want more I have a few on my instagram and will likely be sharing more in the near future. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJb-zSpgvc2/

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Is there some kinda manual for this thing?

Not yet, it's in the works.

sylnau wrote:Would Hapiness work well with a Roland EV-5 exp pedal?
I'm impressed!!!

It will work, but not nearly as well as an expression pedal with a 50k pot, like the Moog.
I actually test with an M-audio expression pedal (10k) just because it's semi-permanently installed at the testing table.

baremountain wrote:This might be a stupid question, but can the LFO output be converted from 1/8" to 1/4" TRS?

Shouldn't be a problem, the CV is Eurorack standard.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Hey Ben, do you have any experience using an EHX 8-Step Program with the Happiness?
I got one yesterday and it *sorta* works on the LFO EXP input - best I could tell it was sending two different rates, fast or slow, rather than any intermediate rates. Also it only produces a stationary filter position with a TRS in the FREQ EXP in or with the FREQ CV in using a TRS to 1/8" mono cable (which I've been successfully using to hook the LFO CV out to other pedals). To further help in troubleshooting, it works perfectly fine with an expression pedal and a TRS cable running into the FREQ EXP jack.
I know the 8-Step isn't compatible with everything, but I got it with primarily Happiness-related uses in mind so any suggestions/troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:41 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:53 pm

:love:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:03 pm

baremountain wrote:Hey Ben, do you have any experience using an EHX 8-Step Program with the Happiness?
I got one yesterday and it *sorta* works on the LFO EXP input - best I could tell it was sending two different rates, fast or slow, rather than any intermediate rates. Also it only produces a stationary filter position with a TRS in the FREQ EXP in or with the FREQ CV in using a TRS to 1/8" mono cable (which I've been successfully using to hook the LFO CV out to other pedals). To further help in troubleshooting, it works perfectly fine with an expression pedal and a TRS cable running into the FREQ EXP jack.
I know the 8-Step isn't compatible with everything, but I got it with primarily Happiness-related uses in mind so any suggestions/troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry we missed this last week. I don't think it will work well because the EHX is only going to go 0-5v and the Happiness does 0-12v internally. You'll be able to use it for some stuff, but not all. We don't have an 8 Step here, so I am not sure all what will/wont' work, but it will have limitations : (
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarfcraft Devices