Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby rot gut » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:47 am

if you're gonna sell an instrument for what he's asking atleast take proper pictures of them so people can see all the detail. the pictures he takes on his IG in various stages looks better than the finished black suede backdrop pictures.
rot gut

experienced
experienced

Postby louderthangod » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:38 pm

I don't think it impacts his sales. I just wish they were better with being on time. Also the volume pots/caps could be a lot better. Trying to clean up an amp with his volume pots does nothing with my two but works great with all of my RS Guitarworks kits.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:27 pm

RS Guitarworks have some very smooth pots. Though the ones I ordered were out of the tolerance range they listed. I would still buy some if they offered push/pull for my EGC. Assuming you also have push/pull pots in your EGC, otherwise you would have ordered some RS pots too.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby louderthangod » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:48 pm

Thinking about getting the Scott Kelly model EGC...anyone tried it? I'm curious how those pickups play along with the body/neck.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:40 am

I bought an EGC on Reverb. Seller hasn't shipped it after 11 days, after being told three times that he would the next day. Pretty frustrated. Price was too good to be true I guess. Sucks because I know his band and liked them. I believe something nefarious is going on. Like maybe he wants me to ask for a refund so he can relist it for a higher price.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Link the listing
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Nobody needs to bother him on my behalf. I expect Reverb to help secure a refund. I had several messages back and forth with the seller. I even stated that I would let him know if I ever sold it in the future, and gave him my email address to keep in touch in case he was desperate to get his guitar back one day.

EDIT: Link removed. Nothing good will come out of airing my grievences regarding a transaction in progress.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ognoy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Anyone know if Kevin makes bucker-sized single coil pickups?
The bridge humbucker in my baritone TT2 is the best sound humbucker I've heard, but I'm more a single coil guy.
So it would be great to just swap the pickups and not having to change the entire pickguard.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Yes, he can make single coil pickups the size of humbuckers. They will still look like humbuckers too. Quoted me $200 for it a year ago.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ognoy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Cool!
Just sent him a message through the EGC-website as well, so lets see how this goes.
Boring to pay 200$ for a pickup, but I guess it would be worth it.
It is the part of the signal chain that's always with me, no matter how many pedals I bring to the gig.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 pm

They just put out a batch of humbuckers on Reverb and they were $185 each. It all is pretty reasonable pricing, in line with some other popular boutique pickup makers. Kevin is pretty hard to get a hold of, just always very busy, which is typically a good problem to have but can be frustrating for us. I tried to get a hold of them about a pickguard on order since February 2015. It would be more upsetting if he wasn't such a good guy. Would love to order another guitar with a 30" scale but the wait would probably kill me.

After two weeks of not shipping the EGC I paid for on Reverb I received a refund. The douche bag relisted it for $200 more now. Fuck him.

Moving on, I just paid for a Bastin neck and have a build completely thought out. Going to buy a broadcaster body made locally from reclaimed wood taken from homes built in the 20s and 30s. Bigsby with Callaham upgrades. Mastery bridge. Novak Wide Range humbucker in the neck. Maybe a Backbone, and route some strings through the body and some through the Bigsby. The only thing I haven't chosen is a bridge pickup. I am waiting to hold the Bastin neck before I buy anything though.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 pm

codetocontra wrote:

After two weeks of not shipping the EGC I paid for on Reverb I received a refund. The douche bag relisted it for $200 more now. Fuck him.

Dang dude, that's so scummy. At least its propelled you to make something rad and completely your own.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kosta » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:42 am

How did you get the Bastin neck if you don't mind me asking? I've been stalking those for a year now! Sorry to hear about your EGC. That sucks.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:34 am

give him adequate feed back. fuck that guy

that build sounds really cool, man :)
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:06 am

The Bastin neck was bought from a guy who bought his on preorder but never used. Sold through FaceBork, on the Bastin group, but I snatched it about 10 minutes after it was up. There are a few other people that really want one too. If I decide not to let mine go I will let you know.

Somehow I cant leave feedback on Reverb. Guessing because I received a refund. So I guess it is perfectly fine to not ship items and relist them for a higher price. Nice.
Last edited by codetocontra on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass