FuzzHugger repairs in the UK

Moderator: FuzzHugger

FuzzHugger repairs in the UK

Postby _r_ » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:31 pm

This is probably a long shot but I'm putting it out there for the ILF hive mind...

A while ago my beloved Algal Bloom Mini started misbehaving. When the pedal is engaged, it's fine, but in bypass the sound constantly cuts in and out, splutters or doesn't come through at all. I suspected it was the footswitch at fault, and a few squirts of switch cleaner didn't solve the problem, so I took it to the guy who was mending one of my amps at the time. He had a look at it and concurred the same thing, but said he has never seen a footswitch like the one in this pedal (I think it was the size of the switch's chassis and the tag layout rather than the switch itself that was the problem) and since there's not much room inside the pedal's enclosure he didn't think he'd be able to shoehorn any other switch in.

I'm currently having to use my vastly inferior Big Muff as my main fuzz and am missing the clarity and general sonic wonder of the Bloom. So two questions - any ideas what footswitch the Algal Bloom Mini uses and where I might be able to source one in the UK, or has anyone had a FuzzHugger pedal repaired in the UK by someone they can recommend?

Since there have been many incarnations of the Bloom over the years, this is the Mini one (in a 1590 enclosure) which I have had for about 2 years. It's just a standard circuit with no extra additions.
Fane - folk music from the furthest reaches
_r_

committed
committed

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: FuzzHugger repairs in the UK

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:45 pm

If you get in touch with Tom, he may send you a switch. He may also be able to recommend someone in the UK to fix it.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Paging Scruffie...
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Scruffie » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:11 pm

goroth wrote:Paging Scruffie...

That's Dr. Scruffie thank you very much! :p

I can definitely sort that for you, if you do want to do it your self though, I would think this will fit http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?main ... ts_id=2708
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby FuzzHugger » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:40 am

Happy to help, as always at tom@FuzzHugger
Standard sized 3PDT footswitches will fit. I can also arrange to get you a foot switch.

And I'd trust Scruff to the end of the earth. But I'm happy to provide repair instructions if you or a friend are handy with a soldering iron.
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Return to FuzzHugger Effects