OK. I'm ready.

Moderator: Jwar

OK. I'm ready.

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 am

Hey guys! After taking a much needed break, I am ready to come back, but in a different respect than as before. So I'll break it down for you.

All rehouses will start at $120. My price previous to this were way too low and I was actually losing money on most projects.

I do NOT offer laser etching any longer. Repeat, I do NOT offer laser etching.

I do NOT mod pedals. If you want something simple like jacks moved, and it's easy, I mean not taking them off a board, but just moving them and rewiring, that is fine. Other than that and maybe LED color changes, that's all I'm willing to offer. The risk vs benefit is just not worth it to me. I'm not a expert in circuitry and don't have anyone on hand that is, so if you want ten mods to your muff, you must go elsewhere.

NO trades period. I did this a lot and it made my business suffer greatly. So no trade unless it's for money. ;)

Project times will vary. A lot of folks wanted things faster than I was able to produce and it turned into sloppy work and things I was not happy with. So you must understand that etching is a process, especially when it involves fine sanding, painting...etc. Some paint take 36 hours to fully dry. I kid you not. It sucks. hah.

Premium paint. I will offer premium paint in the future, but for now, it's basic etches. I'd prefer to do straight black and grey. I can do super clean etches this way. :) I am willing to use transparent paints as well, which if you've seen some of the ones I've done this way, you'll know it looks great.

Builders. I am limiting runs to ten if you are interested. These will come in at a higher premium. I cannot compete with the big dogs and don't want to. If you're interested, contact me about pricing.

Drilling. This is a bitch. I would prefer that if you want something simple, we order cases pre-drilled. If not, please note that sometimes drilling accuracy can be slightly off. I don't intend it to be, but my drill press is a whore. :)

Right now, I have a fuck ton of 1790ns on hand, some 1590bb and other sizes. So ask me about your project and I'll let you know!

Thanks!!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Re: OK. I'm ready.

Postby Jwar » Tue May 03, 2016 8:18 pm

No one wants a pedal etched???????? NO ONE?????????
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby DADGBD » Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Well, I was hoping to trade for something modded a bunch and laser etched... :surprise:

:lol:

Welcome back. It's cool to see that you've got the business process figured out. I hate seeing people who do good work, lose their shirt while doing it.
I wasn't posting much, when you were etching before, but I was haunting. It's cool, that you're giving it another go!
I hope I can get going enough to do a run of 10+ pedals at some point.
DADGBD

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 am

I'm honestly surprised, but also not surprised by the lack of interest! LOL! There are so many etchers now.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby PeteeBee » Sat May 28, 2016 10:03 pm

All right here come my questions. I want my ECT etched. How does this work? Do I mail it to you, you take the guts out, etch the case, then put them back in? Feel free to move this to PM if you prefer.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Sat May 28, 2016 11:09 pm

How large can you go? I've a couple 10x17 inch Bud boxes (in addition to several smaller ones) that are currently doing nothing. If those are too outlandish, I might have a need for some flat plate in a somewhat smaller dimension, I'd have to dig out the backs (which are cast magnesium I believe, and not part of the equation) to get a firm measurement on that.

Nothing pressing at this point in time, just speculation...
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun May 29, 2016 4:41 am

crochambeau wrote:How large can you go? I've a couple 10x17 inch Bud boxes (in addition to several smaller ones) that are currently doing nothing. If those are too outlandish, I might have a need for some flat plate in a somewhat smaller dimension, I'd have to dig out the backs (which are cast magnesium I believe, and not part of the equation) to get a firm measurement on that.

Nothing pressing at this point in time, just speculation...

I've gone pretty damn big before. LOL! Have you seen the Inustrialectic Incinerator? Those were about the size of a piece of paper, but I did all the sides too. LARGE etches take time, but they turn out amazing when they work right.

The biggest thing would be dependant on what the material the box is made out of. For instance, I've found steel doesn't like to hold transfers as well, but I'm willing to try anything. ;)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Sun May 29, 2016 8:53 am

It's aluminium, not entirely sure of the alloy.. might say on one of the unopened ones (I'd have to dig it out, might be a while).

I do know it's a touch on the soft side and also not the heaviest of gauges so I'd probably be wrapping the ~3 inch side walls in wood.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Acid Splash Designs