BitQuest with analog synth

Moderator: Ryan

BitQuest with analog synth

Postby Willem » Wed May 18, 2016 5:41 am

Hi guys,

Yesterday, I received my Moog Sub Phatty. Really impressive. That's my first analog synth, I like tweaking those knobs. But I had to plug it onto my pedalboard to see how it behaves with my pedals.

I first set my procession on a full wet setting, it's just find. But thought the BitQuest's reverb could be sweeter. But it isn't. Every other algorithms of the BitQuest work fine but the reverb interacts oddly. It distorts whereas I'm on the clean setting. I use it full wet too but it does the same if I set the knob at noon.

Did someone already experience something like that?
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Re: BitQuest with analog synth

Postby Willem » Thu May 19, 2016 11:17 am

I set the level just after noon, it's maybe the Line level that the Bitquest doesn't like. I just have to find out an another pedal.
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Thu May 19, 2016 4:41 pm

I dunno about the tech specs but my ears say the BQ doesn't like hot signals. Line level could very well be the culprit.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby resincum » Mon May 23, 2016 7:30 pm

yeah I think goroth is on the money with this one. can't hit my bq verb with fuzzies or heavy delay signal without it doing that sand sound

how does the RRR handle line levels?
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eric! » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Brian of Cymbals Eats Guitar uses an RRR perhaps on keys, maybe he can chime in?
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:44 pm

The Sub Phatty puts out a lot of volume. I don't know why the reverb algorithm would interact oddly while the others don't, but maybe just turn down your volume when using its reverb?

I use the Bitquest with a modular a ton, but I always send it a decently attenuated signal. Not down to guitar levels, but reduced enough that my pedals don't freak out. It's still loud enough that I don't have any noise problems on recordings.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby Willem » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:20 pm

I now use a LS-2 to attenuate the signal and play the synth through my board. It solved the problem :)
"Amp in a box"?
Willem

committed
committed

Return to Dr. Scientist