Xerograph Deluxe

Moderator: Taylor Livingston

Re: Xerograph Deluxe

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:30 pm

:thumb:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Taylor Livingston » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Sorry about that - those didn't make it into the new version of the printed manual. I will make a note to put up some suggested settings on the website.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 am

No problem dude! I just like to use them like I said as a starting point. I did follow what the manual said. You would think after how many I've owned (LOL), that I wouldn't need anything. But each time I've had almost an entirely different set up. God I need to just stop that shit. hahahaha. I love it though. It's so fat sounding. The best filter I've had by a long shot, that's why I keep coming back! Now if I could just stop my GAS from getting the better of me all the time...;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

No problem dude! I just like to use them like I said as a starting point. I did follow what the manual said. You would think after how many I've owned (LOL), that I wouldn't need anything. But each time I've had almost an entirely different set up. God I need to just stop that shit. hahahaha. I love it though. It's so fat sounding. The best filter I've had by a long shot, that's why I keep coming back! Now if I could just stop my GAS from getting the better of me all the time...;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby frodog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:05 pm

Can't believe it took me so long and that I haven't seen mention of this, but tried to run CV into the Xerograph Dlx today... WOW. The 5v CV out from my Rucci 8-bit box totally works, in a limited but very cool way.

If you're unfamiliar with this 8-bit synth thing, it basically has a number of preset sequences that you can adjust the speed and pitch/range of. The speed knob works also as a depth control with the Xero. In different modes I got slow to mid-tempo tremolo throb effects with the signal cutting out between the pulses, or resonance popping in if I set that high. Other modes or tempos gave a shallower fluttering in the higher frequencies. Most settings were very pronounced with the sensitivity off, some also yielded interesting effects with it turned up more, which usually made the fluttering go away as I was playing and come back as the sound decayed.

I'm sorry I can't make a demo of it right now or explain it better, but try it if you have a suitable CV able thingy, really expands on the possibilities! Filter trem!
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Taylor Livingston » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:31 pm

I hate to bring lame news, but this is unsupported and could possibly damage your Xerograph Deluxe, so I don't recommend it and it would technically void your warranty. Since it's not designed for that, it's not protected like a CV input needs to be, so I can't make any guarantees that a particular CV source isn't going to kill your XD.
Taylor Livingston

committed
committed

Postby frodog » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Derp, I did not know that, sorry. Obviously why it's not in the manual then. Figured 5v would be ok, and my Xerograph is still working, but not recommended, gotcha.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to Iron Ether