RMA Mudlark

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: RMA Mudlark

Postby Tristan » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:03 pm

I'd love a Mudlark, consider me interested, tried uni's Doper and it for sure is dope.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28 pm

univalve wrote:Dirty Doper preorder was Fine on my Customer side BTW. No worries.

:rock:

UglyCasanova wrote:It sure was. I bet he's thinking of how incredibly cheap it was compared to how much work+parts he ended up putting into it. That thing was a steal.

:lol: Actually, I'm pretty sure I've got the Mudlark keyed in feature wise, it's just fine tuning (getting the proper volume levels on output, balance between modes, and EQ sweep mainly). The Dirty Doper pre-order did suffer feature creep & that will probably never happen again (no regrets though, haha). No, it's more along the lines of my needing to keep the project stress below a certain threshold in order to be productive on it. Right now, if I need to shelve it to clear my head/catch up on something else - I can. I don't feel like I can exploit that liberty when I've got a bunch already sold...

It's close though, I can taste it.

Tristan wrote:I'd love a Mudlark, consider me interested, tried uni's Doper and it for sure is dope.

Awesome, I'll definitely update this thread once they surface. I'm hoping to be able to churn out a proper run once they are optimized.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:It sure was. I bet he's thinking of how incredibly cheap it was compared to how much work+parts he ended up putting into it. That thing was a steal.

straight up!! I'm still finding tricks in that thing. I love how you can dial in the wildest fucking decay ever. everyone I show it to trips out

I'd still like that modded white noise device :D forgot what it was called..
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 am

resincum wrote:

straight up!! I'm still finding tricks in that thing. I love how you can dial in the wildest fucking decay ever. everyone I show it to trips out

I'd still like that modded white noise device :D forgot what it was called..

Awesome, it fills me with glee to hear about the joy those bring.

The noise generator is the Crustacean, some month I'll catch up on those and start the crustacean thread too.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 am

They live!

One is currently listed as available, more to come.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 28, 2016 10:45 am

Sounds amazing! :!!!: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Sat May 28, 2016 9:20 pm

That shit made me moist.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:00 pm

I have decided the previously optional overload/mayhem function is going to be standard fare in the circuit and have adjusted my pricing accordingly. The single production unit sold so far carried that function as an upcharge, but I'll be making up for that in the hopefully not so distant future, so I don't feel bad at all.

The remaining run will carry the second mode in the rats nest mod, after which it'll be drawn in on the boards proper. Anyone have specific demo requests? I'm having a hard time hitting the quality of demonstrator I'd like to meet, but I'm willing to keep at it, and apologize if we've already had a conversation on it and I failed to deliver. Remind me and I'll hop to it.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:23 pm

crochambeau wrote:I have decided the previously optional overload/mayhem function is going to be standard fare in the circuit and have adjusted my pricing accordingly.

I have decided I was full of shit and nothing is standard. These don't sell nearly enough to actually make me give a shit on such small details, so it's really going to hinge on the way it's built. Plus I have some metal work that I can't cleanly modify to accept the extra. That said, the recent offering (in video and on reverb as of five minutes ago) does have the mayhem function built in. Wheeeeee!

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:07 am

I etch you stuff????????????????? ;) I ETCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you make the coolest stuff seriously.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:27 am

jwar wrote:I etch you stuff????????????????? ;) I ETCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you make the coolest stuff seriously.

Thanks Jwar! I actually do have a half dozen aluminium channel shapes (1/8" sheet with 45 degree bends along the length) that are going to be tube outboard reverb chassis. These are big, like ~20" x 8" x 2" deep, but the etched faceplate portion is only going to be roughly 16" x 2" on the front & 20 x 2 on the back, but I have been thinking of you in terms of etch on the art side. I'll be in touch once the initial unit is built and I have a drill plot figured out.

We get something figured for sure. :rock:

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:44 am

Reverb?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:50 am

D.o.S. wrote:Reverb?

1) Tube driven springs, because I'm not taking nearly long enough with the ring mod project.

2) https://reverb.com/shop/rochambeau-musical-apparatus

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:51 pm

crochambeau wrote:1) Tube driven springs

ETA? Been drooling for a Screamin' FX Uverbia for a while, but one from RMA would be the tits.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:21 pm

ETA, hahahaha

Really though, I aim to have one built soon to replace my last one since sold for tooling. The issue I see cropping up is that I'm not going for small on this one, so shipping overseas would be BRUTAL. I'll keep you apprised though, probably chat it up in another thread soon... I've a builders playdate in about a week, and assembling this is sort of my pet project for that.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus