RMA Dirty Doper

Moderator: crochambeau

RMA Dirty Doper

Postby crochambeau » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:24 pm

It begins. I took the liberty of mining the general gear pre-order thread for some kind words to use in that ad, if that makes you want to punch me please let me know and I'll edit them out. Here's that thread, in case additional introductions are handy, just please forgive my inability to design to a cost point... :picard: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=48077

https://reverb.com/item/1808234-rma-dir ... quare-rust

These are probably going to creep out as single units for a while, though I have another 90% of the way there. :joy:
Last edited by crochambeau on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: RMA Dirty Doper

Postby Eivind August » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 pm

So sexy! :drool:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:41 pm

:!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby resincum » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:28 pm

foolishly had one of these up for grabs yesterday until I saw how much they're going for now...xD i LOVE my dirty doper. stuck a megalith in the 'loop', per lordgalvar's advice and was blown the fuck away.. instant trogotronic style annihilation. can't wait to try more pedals in between :love:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:57 pm

resincum wrote:foolishly had one of these up for grabs yesterday until I saw how much they're going for now...xD i LOVE my dirty doper. stuck a megalith in the 'loop', per lordgalvar's advice and was blown the fuck away.. instant trogotronic style annihilation. can't wait to try more pedals in between :love:

Hahaha, yeah, I have yet to sell one at this price though... which is honestly as cheap as I can offer them at my current manufacturing capability (ie: me in a room full of solder fumes). So, I guess the coming months will be the determining factor if they survive or die out. I'm hoping to pull together a tourbox before making any rash decisions, but being the perfectionist I am, that'll take a while to pull together, and there's a certain something I want to have done before taking that leap.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:22 pm

resincum wrote:foolishly had one of these up for grabs yesterday until I saw how much they're going for now...xD i LOVE my dirty doper. stuck a megalith in the 'loop', per lordgalvar's advice and was blown the fuck away.. instant trogotronic style annihilation. can't wait to try more pedals in between :love:

Wait...THAT'S what I can use the dual ins/outs are for?!!? Off to the laboratory!!!

And, yes, the DD is amazing. Well, worth the money. I should demo mine soon. I don't know what it is, but demoing straight up fuzzies have never been my strong point. I need to hide behind a cloud of delay and reverb.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:28 pm

PSA: if you haven't plugged your doper into itself it, DO IT! it's like a whole other pedal.. I have the right out going into left in and the craziest shit is happening. seriously blowing my mind. i'm getting some PLL vibes with some settings, some wild trogotronic styled stuff and even some super smooth distortion... wtf is this thing :love:
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Told ya! Haha, freaking awesome, eh?

UglyCasanova wrote:Wait...THAT'S what I can use the dual ins/outs are for?!!? Off to the laboratory!!!

That's two times you can thank me, :lol: . (LAL MNP-2 Microphone!)

Old clip time:

All around amazing pedal.

I just got some more banana plugs in...going to connect the tetanus booster and maybe some envelop stuff in there and see what happens.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:22 am

Let me know about your results on the CV, it's a very primitive circuit... I feel like I need to optimize it more, but I'm chasing the "leave well enough alone" vibe on it right now. Before I shipped the unit that prompted this thread I did a quick measurement of voltages/response at the CV jack...

0 to around 3 + volts gets you nothing
At around +3 it starts to wake up and the circuit does change on up through the scale to around the point that you hit whatever voltage you're supplying.

So, not an engineering masterpiece, but it seems effective for the particular animal.

Love the demo lordgalvar! Has your red LED died?

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:26 pm

I did that one a while back (sorry to repost) using a BK brand Frequency generator going all through the "audible ranges". It doesn't have ramping or anythibg and I think just sine, square, and saw. I set its max voltage to 5v or thereabouts. That was the result. At the end, I thought I broke it because it wasn't responding to my guitar any more...but the dirty doper works fine. Kinda neat overtones and trem/stutter type stuff.

I'll hook up the tetanus booster into it and try to do some parallel path stuff/complex waveforms (like sequences and stuff prepped by the tetanus).

I also got hook ups to try to use my guitar signal as a Modulator for other stuff via the tetanus, so I will see how that goes.

Tetanus has become something so freaking useful to have around! Use it all the damn time.

The LED: still works fine. I think the lighting and my old phone didn't pick up the red that well. Like if I had turned it off it would have been more noticeable.

Thanks for great pedals man!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:11 am

Good to hear it was just a red eye filter!

Honestly, the Tetanus Booster is probably my favorite circuit so far, at least in terms of utility/on all the time factor. Probably the wrong thread for that though, hahaha.

Dirty Doper is at present out of stock, I aim to remedy that shortly - but at present am getting hammered by Crustaceans, so.. do poke me with a stick if it appears I'm being sluggish.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:00 pm

The tetanus is great all around. So many uses and a great sound. I'm going to have to pick up a crustacean from you someday.

Dirty Doper is awesome too though.

Initial testing of CV from tetanus to dirty doper....is very odd haha.
Setups:
    -- guitar -> DD -> TB (then CV back to DD)...not much happens using either output or input of the dirty doper.
    -- guitar -> TB (CV to DD) -> DD it works well and gets more swell fuzz like. It gets a fuzzier, more compressed gated signal overall.
    -- guitar -> DD -> amp (second DD output to TB then cv'd back to the DD) it turns into a beeping machine/noise synth. Like a modulated oscillator...variations on this do the same kinda thing (feedback etc)...really interesting and confusing haha. The guitar can cut sometimes...but most of the time little of it peaks through (though the noise does have a volume drop).
I could tell the lack of range (3-5v) when using the broadcast with the dirty doper. It worked but was very subtle. So far, the best results have been with the frequency gen.

Note: The CV only works on the TB when there is an output on use...or it seemed like that...so I had to keep a cord plugged in even when not using the output. Still gotta go in and go through all the routings and try some buffer tricks and stuff. It has my attention! Freaking pedals have me all invested haha.

So yea, still investigating.

Such deep pedals...I'm always finding new ways to use them and new sounds.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:08 pm

I borrowed Kent's DD and gave it a try. Did look at the manual while fiercely scratching my attempt at a beard, then gave up and started twisting knobs instead. This is the result.

https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby resincum » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 pm

w00t :!!!: you caught most of the nastiness for sure, nice job! THX
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Yep, sounds fabulously dirty & dope! :!!!: :rock:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Next

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus