did Basstalk247 shut down it's forums?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: did Basstalk247 shut down it's forums?

Postby untilshewokeme » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:13 pm

jwar wrote:
nshuman wrote:
FretNoMore wrote:Hmm ... so this another source of GAS then ...

Unfortunately yes. Jwar also keeps posting every board update here so you get to see all kinds of new pedals all the time. Well, actually all the boards are crazy nice in the pedalboard thread. They are all GAS inducing, every single one of them...

I got to be honest and this is why we have a hate thread for Talkbass. I've been a member here for several years thanks to an invite from Mr. Humpy Hump himself. Thanks Ben. ;) I would have NEVER found it otherwise. Since I've been a member here, my hate for TB has grown. I literally cannot stand posting there most of the time.

I find that almost all of the threads are filled with pretentiousness and people trying to flex their e-penis. Either that or they are trolling each other in an attempt to somehow be funny. It gets old as fuck.

Now we do have our share of stupid shit on ILF for sure. I am the reason for about half of it probably. hahahahaha. It didn't used to be that way though!!! I just kind of broke my brain one day and decided that boners are an awesome reference for what I feel about gear. My boner is everywhere now. It's inside us all.

I don't even know what I was trying to say now....Uhhhhhhhh...boners?

untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 pm

jwar wrote:
nshuman wrote:I got to be honest and this is why we have a hate thread for Talkbass. I've been a member here for several years thanks to an invite from Mr. Humpy Hump himself. Thanks Ben. ;) I would have NEVER found it otherwise. Since I've been a member here, my hate for TB has grown. I literally cannot stand posting there most of the time.

I find that almost all of the threads are filled with pretentiousness and people trying to flex their e-penis. Either that or they are trolling each other in an attempt to somehow be funny. It gets old as fuck.

Now we do have our share of stupid shit on ILF for sure. I am the reason for about half of it probably

:lol:

I have no idea what this is all about but as this is the only internet form I can stand let alone there are people here I actually like I can whole heartedly say I hate whatever forum and people you guys are whining about.
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Somnambulance » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
jwar wrote:
nshuman wrote:I got to be honest and this is why we have a hate thread for Talkbass. I've been a member here for several years thanks to an invite from Mr. Humpy Hump himself. Thanks Ben. ;) I would have NEVER found it otherwise. Since I've been a member here, my hate for TB has grown. I literally cannot stand posting there most of the time.

Now we do have our share of stupid shit on ILF for sure. I am the reason for about half of it probably

I have no idea what this is all about but as this is the only internet form I can stand let alone there are people here I actually like I can whole heartedly say I hate whatever forum and people you guys are whining about.

I feel like this thread got derailed when Dos and I started making out.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby nshuman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Somnambulance wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:
jwar wrote:

I feel like this thread got derailed when Dos and I started making out.

We need Chuck to post more monkey pics. Get us back on track.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:48 pm

pffffft. question i had was answered EMPHATICALLY.

do what you will with the sexy, sexy thread corpse.

my drummer and i are doing our first cover evee this Monday. and playing with Nile. SUPER METAL SHOW TIME WOOOOOOOOOO.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby blindrabbit » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 pm

jwar wrote:My boner is everywhere now. It's inside us all.

blindrabbit

experienced
experienced

Postby maz91379 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:21 am

so real talk... between working long hours and netflix who has enough time to has mental problems rage quit of major bass site? DR WHO IS ABOUT TO GET TAKEN OFF NETFLIX TIME TO BINGE!
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chuckchuck » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Bartman_PDX wrote:
Chuckchuck wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:So you guys can go back to talkbass now right?

Ha.
Can't--banned.

Hi Chuck!

I don't come over to ILF very often but I wanted wish you the best. :thumb:

Yo Bartman!--good to see familiar names here. Unfortunate--the whole bt247 saga. Best wishes to you & your family, & the Fuck Epilepsy campaign. the best thing we can do for our loved ones is thrive!
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced

Postby Chuckchuck » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:59 pm

nshuman wrote:
untilshewokeme wrote:
Somnambulance wrote:
Chuckchuck wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:So you guys can go back to talkbass now right?

Ha.
Can't--banned.

I MISS YOU CHUCK

We'll keep in touch here, I think there's a breeder thread on here too?

This forum is one giant breeder thread

True

Good to hear from you guys!
gotta get back to work
Chuckchuck

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:01 pm

maz91379 wrote:so real talk... between working long hours and netflix who has enough time to has mental problems rage quit of major bass site? DR WHO IS ABOUT TO GET TAKEN OFF NETFLIX TIME TO BINGE!

Fuckin Maz just comes waltzing back in like oh hey guys don't mind me
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:21 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
maz91379 wrote:so real talk... between working long hours and netflix who has enough time to has mental problems rage quit of major bass site? DR WHO IS ABOUT TO GET TAKEN OFF NETFLIX TIME TO BINGE!

Fuckin Maz just comes waltzing back in like oh hey guys don't mind me

TO WARN US BOUT THE GODDAMN APOCALYPSE NO LESS. NO WHO ON NETFLIX?!?!?!!?!
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theAntihero » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Talk bass sucks. I posted for my not on the web bass player about what was recommended for the tone he wanted, basically tonal earthquakes cracking the earth apart, and got pms about how I obviously didn't have a bass player because no bass player wants to play below 500hz lol

My bassist plays an eb-0 with flatwound strings, rubber picks and uses an octave down a lot.....I'm not even sure his tone has anything above 500hz lol. .....but tb has a lot of guys talking about "sparkly" bass tones at that time lol
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby theAntihero » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:55 pm

And I for one am very annoyed that doctor who is about to be gone from Netflix.....somethings should not ever come to pass.....no doctor who is one of them
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby Somnambulance » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 pm

theAntihero wrote:Talk bass sucks. I posted for my not on the web bass player about what was recommended for the tone he wanted, basically tonal earthquakes cracking the earth apart, and got pms about how I obviously didn't have a bass player because no bass player wants to play below 500hz lol

My bassist plays an eb-0 with flatwound strings, rubber picks and uses an octave down a lot.....I'm not even sure his tone has anything above 500hz lol. .....but tb has a lot of guys talking about "sparkly" bass tones at that time lol

Meatbox and OC2. Split the signal sub to dedicated powered sub and oc2 to a 2/15.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Somnambulance wrote:
theAntihero wrote:Talk bass sucks. I posted for my not on the web bass player about what was recommended for the tone he wanted, basically tonal earthquakes cracking the earth apart, and got pms about how I obviously didn't have a bass player because no bass player wants to play below 500hz lol

Meatbox and OC2. Split the signal sub to dedicated powered sub and oc2 to a 2/15.

no, that is what a 2x18 is for :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion