Where has gone Cosmichorus ?

Moderator: Ryan

Where has gone Cosmichorus ?

Postby augur44 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:53 am

Can't find Cosmichorus anymore of Dr Scientist's website.
Is it out of production ? Is there gonna be a V4 version ?

I have a V3 and absolutely love it!
I just rediscovered it recently using it in true stereo (chorus on both channels).
What a watery thing!
augur44

involved
involved

Re: Where has gone Cosmichorus ?

Postby goroth » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Yeah it's retired for a while. Ryan was mentioning a future revision doing flanging as well, but it definitely won't happen this year. Maybe not next year?

Suuuuper rad pedal though.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby t-rey » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:47 pm

My loins tingle with anticipation of a Cosmichorus that's also a cosmiflanger. That may be the only thing that could pull my v2 off the board.

Somehow missed the true stereo bit of the v3 - sounds like all kinds of warbly fun!

But mostly I cam here to post this - The cosmichorus had to go away from the time. The cosmos can only take so much radness at any given moment, and space time would collapse if Ryan kept building them right now.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ryan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 am

I'd love to show you the v3, Trey, I really think it smokes the v2! Come on up for a demo! *smile*

I hate to retire the Cosmi, it's a pedal I've worked on for 10 years (counting the other versions) and I've put tons of time into it.. the v3 is pretty special to me. But as a one-man shop I can only make so many pedals at once in my line, I kinda like only having about half a dozen to make. So in order to be able to make some new goodies I have to pause some other stuff.

I recently sent out pretty much the last of the etched boxes to Joe's Pedals and Wunjo Guitars in the UK. I still have some blem boxes too that I'll make available when I'm caught up more, I'm still too far behind with store orders to be doing any direct orders.

Thanks for asking about it and thanks for answering, buds!
Ryan

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Gather the Tim Horton's and preheat the oven for pizza - I'm on my way!
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Somnambulance » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm

I have other things to spend my money on lined up right now (CT5, a custom fuzz/filter, tires, food) but I've just decided that I need a Cosmichorus to fill out my board. It will be some time though, and a Cosmiflanger would be absolutely amazing.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby quill » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:47 pm

I've been looking at chorus pedals for at least thirty years. Never bought one. Never happy with them. Always noisy, limited, stupid boring and more often than not, just bad sounding things. Saw a Cosmichorus in a shop (I was really looking for a BitQuest!), knew Ryan's rep, tried it - literally seconds later it was mine. And that, just on the most basic, obvious sounds - SO AWESOME! - and the way it felt to play it. Then I started to explore it ...! I am absolutely certain that only Joel at Chase Bliss has made a chorus that is in the same league as Ryan's truly great design.

Unbelievably, there are a few v3's out there, still available. At least, I saw a few for sale while I was looking for a BitQuest! not long ago. Hope you can find one!
quill

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:16 am

Awesome first post. :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby quill » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:57 am

Thanks! Been lurking here. I like this forum a lot.

I just checked Leprechaun FX; not sure if it's ok to mention particular vendors or not, but ... if anyone is looking for a CC they, inexplicably, still have one for sale. That's where I found my BitQuest!
quill

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby goroth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Good first post dude!

Yeah man, mention what you want. The only rule here is don't be an asshole. :thumb:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Eddie used a Cosmichorus on this, right?

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby goroth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Eddie used a Cosmichorus on this, right?

Only on the right track. Left track was routed direct through DLR's underpants.

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Return to Dr. Scientist