· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:39 am

That was me, thanks. :hello: I widened my clean grip quite a bit and it did help get my massive biceps out of the way, but still struggling with wrist mobility...just need practice.

Discovered a swanky new gym just a block from work yesterday. A bit more spensive, but SO convenient for lunch workouts/biking/running/jerking off in the shower.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 am

Ill try to shoot some photos of some wrist stuff I have done.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:00 am

I bought a pair of knee sleeves off Hookgrip. Seeing how things feel on my left knee when I squat. They do not provide much support, its mostly to keep the knee joints warm, and a smidge of compression.

Tried them out last night at uconn while doing BS. I am not sure if it was just placebo but it was more comfortable on my left quad and knee to squat. Didnt get any tightness and easily pushed out a 295# PR for a single (but alas failed at 300#!!!!!, least I have some catches up)

285# here was actually "harder" than 295# but I likely was just not tight enough on the top.

Guess I just lost it here, maybe fatigue or just lost the edge to just push it up even tho I just hit 295#

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 am

damn! Cant wait to hit that much weight!

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Mock meet today at Sunday OLY

Basically how it works is your warm up snatch til your ready to do your first attempt at a declared weight. Then if you make it you can move up in weight and attempt that. If you make that you get 1 more lift at the last weight. Miss and you repeat. Of course the dreaded 3 misses means you dont total. Then after snatch its clean and jerk. A few warmups and then you get your 3 attempts.

I had a super rough snatch day. 170# was my opener and I failed 2 times and almost didnt total but got it up for a 3rd attempt.

Clean and Jerk not as bad but failed the jerk for 225# even tho the clean was fairly easy.

Still kicked ass and won and the guy who was in second has 30-35 lb on me.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:20 pm

I dont think you technically can lower the weight after you declare it but maybe. Sort of unwritten rule was you stick with what you declare.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:10 am

C&J was up to 125# the other day. Felt fucking beast mode seeing as this is only my second workout with them incorporated and I made a 20# gain.

I also got a massage yesterday and I strongly recommend everyone get one every 3-4 months. Deep tissue for 90 minutes; it'll hurt but once you're done you feel a billion times better and I've noticed my flexibility improves tremendously after it's done.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 am

I really really really just wanna make a video of proper 4x12 and 8x10 lifting techniques. that's a doom workout :love:

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 am

vidret wrote:
Bassist_Diver wrote:C&J was up to 125# the other day. Felt fucking beast mode seeing as this is only my second workout with them incorporated and I made a 20# gain.

I also got a massage yesterday and I strongly recommend everyone get one every 3-4 months. Deep tissue for 90 minutes; it'll hurt but once you're done you feel a billion times better and I've noticed my flexibility improves tremendously after it's done.

that shit is so pricey over here though, but i hear ya

Groupon is my friend for this sort of thing. Last time I went I think I only paid $40 for a 90 minute session.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am

Hit 300# for a BS single today.

Then coach bumped it up to 310# and I had it halfways and then nope didnt have it. Bummer cuz I probably could hit 305# but there is always another day

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:06 pm

300# back squat :!!!: I'd like to spend some effort on single rep PRs but am too caught up in the 5x5. Also, the new gym I joined only has one rack, right next to the front desk so we'll see how that goes when I start banging weights around.

The snatch scares the shit out of me. Nice work dudes.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 pm

If you 5 repping (at 5 sets) up your way to #300 you will likely get more use out of that compared to a 1RM. If you wanna start thinking about going for higher weight / less reps try doing something like squat up to a heavy 5 set. Then up to a heavy triple, then heavy double, then up to a heavy single.

Like for me what I might do is 5 rep 225. 3 rep 245. 2 rep 260# then heavy singles. I dont wanna tire myself the fuck out going for a heavy single. Form can start to cripple as you go for 95% of your max and what not.

EDIT:

Because I am a whore I bought more stuff

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Getting Swole with the Dark Lord

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:01 pm

ahhh yes I can not wait to wear that shit at my gym....fucking bible belt mother fuckers

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:19 pm

new05002 wrote:Getting Swole with the Dark Lord

can you make me a beer belly for satan shirt? would be much more fitting for me.

and have that devil with a frosty brew none of that weights shit. :love: :hug: :lol:
Post a reply