Anyone have a SCSI Zip drive?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Anyone have a SCSI Zip drive?

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Keeping the battery op beat boxes. Kiddo says she loooves them.

Anyone have a SCSI Zip drive drive laying around? Just got a MPC2000 need to test the SCSI port. It’s a bit pushed in and not sure if it works. Want to find out before dumping a bunch of money on a SCSI CF reader.
Last edited by Aquietcabin1978 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Re: FT: Kong ES2 //

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:00 am

Change of plans.
Last edited by Aquietcabin1978 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Re: FT: Kong ES2 //

Postby WORMDIRT » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:07 am

Pmed
gardens
Daniel Plainview
AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Re: Anyone have a SCSI Zip drive?

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Outdated technology bump. Saving and loading with 3.5 inch floppies is slowly killing my soul.

Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chromandre » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:38 pm

I have a zip drive, with power supply and SCSI cable. only 1 zip disk left I'd be willing to part with, but the first thing to test is if you can even load the SCSI screen in the disk menu, a lot of times the mpc2000 has a blown SCSI fuse, I have the replacement fuses for that too.

also I will say, for the time being, even with 1 floppy its still like the best ever drum machine. you can cram the OS, 1 good drum kit, and save as APS ALL it will autoload all the project files.
chromandre

interested
interested

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:44 pm

if u get the SCSI working, look into SCSI2SD. pretty cheap ~$60. fantastic drive. i got one a couple months ago for my MPC60 and it totally changed my game.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am

chromandre wrote:I have a zip drive, with power supply and SCSI cable. only 1 zip disk left I'd be willing to part with, but the first thing to test is if you can even load the SCSI screen in the disk menu, a lot of times the mpc2000 has a blown SCSI fuse, I have the replacement fuses for that too.

also I will say, for the time being, even with 1 floppy its still like the best ever drum machine. you can cram the OS, 1 good drum kit, and save as APS ALL it will autoload all the project files.

I will check the disk menu when I get home today. It will read through the SCSI 1-7 in the boot menu when you turn on the machine without the boot disk.

This is my first go around owning the 2000 classic. Have had a XL and a 500. Digging it quite a bit so far especially for under $200. I still have ZIP disks from audio classes in college. Would love to revisit whatever garbage sounds I was saving back in 1998.

The SCSI2SD looks dope.

Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby imJonWain » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:18 pm

did you ever find one? I found an Iomega zipp 100 plus at work today while we are packing to move if you still need one.
"Thats hella tight dude"

"Sometimes I get so upset that I don't have a goth gf I put on type-o-negative and jerk off."
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:16 pm

^^ I did get one though I think the SCSI port on the back of the machine is broken. Shoot me a PM, I wouldn't mind checking out a second drive just to be sure it is the card itself that doesn't work.

Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Buy / Sell / Trade