EU/UK: Pedal Purge (Subdecay/EQD/Black Arts Toneworks)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

EU/UK: Pedal Purge (Subdecay/EQD/Black Arts Toneworks)

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:44 am

What with all the tiny-but-powerful pedals cropping up these, I've decided to build a new small board and relinquish my old and treasured collection to the fuzz-loving world. I'm based in Ireland so I'd rather deal within the UK and Europe, but I'd venture further afield if provoked. I haven't posted in a while, but I have dozens of references from over the years and I'm open to offers. :thumb:

Pedals for SALE OR TRADE:

• Earthquaker Devices Organizer V1 - £80/€90
  • Subdecay Quasar DLX (early model; has very slight issue with multiplier controller) - would trade for a smaller phaser or Warped Vinyl MKII or sell for £110/€125
  • Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh (1-off custom finish) - £120/€135
  • Boss OC-2 (MIJ; typical condition) - £90/€100 ON HOLD
  • TC Electronic Ditto Looper (dodgy footswitch; works but not all the time; could be repaired) - £25/€35 ON HOLD
  • Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo V1 - £85/€95 SOLD
  • Dr. Scientist Elements - £140/€155 TRADED
  • Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander - £100/€110 SOLD
  • Smallsound/Bigsound F*ck - £110/€120 SOLD
  • Catalinbread Semaphore Tap-Tempo Tremolo - £110/€125 SOLD

I've owned most of the pedals for a long time, and they're all working fine except the Ditto Looper (typical crappy TC Electronic switch issues; pedal functions normally otherwise) and the Subdecay Quasar DLX (slight bug with multiplier controller that occasionally requires the DC power to unplugged and plugged back in to reset the multiplier; still functions normally otherwise). Most include original boxes, manuals, goodies, etc, but some don't. Finishes are scratched here and there as they have been stepped on for many years. I'm selling some, trading others, and only trading others for something very specific, usually something that does the same thing but in a smaller box. Again, offers are welcome and trades are preferred—pedals wanted are listed below!

Pedals I'm LOOKING FOR:

Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl MKII
Chase Bliss Audio Brothers
Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop V2
EQD Bellows
Dr. Scientist BitQuest
Foxrox Octron3
Last edited by AngryGoldfish on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 am, edited 21 times in total.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: EU/UK: Pedal Purge (Fairfield/EQD/Dr. Scientist + more)

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Any cash offers? I'm somewhat flexible on the pricing, especially if you pay in GBP because I'm more likely to be buying other pedals with the GBP.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 am

Some big price drops. Boss OC-2 and Bit Commander ON HOLD.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

I've bought pedals from Angry Goldfish and it arrived in the US in a timely manner and very well packaged.

Just saying.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:49 am

Yeah, happy to ship outside the EU/UK. :)

I'll be away from home until Sunday evening. I'll be able to check messages, but not ship anything.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:17 pm

OC-2, F*ck, and Elements on hold.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby publicfig » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 am

Hey, I don't see the Fairfield listed (but still in the title). I have a Brothers, Ghost Echo V3, and Limbo II (and a bunch more) I would be interested in putting towards a trade for both of them if they're still available, if not no worries!
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:53 am

publicfig wrote:Hey, I don't see the Fairfield listed (but still in the title). I have a Brothers, Ghost Echo V3, and Limbo II (and a bunch more) I would be interested in putting towards a trade for both of them if they're still available, if not no worries!

Oh, sweet. Sorry about the delayed response. I've been away.

Is it the In Limbo II or III?

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby publicfig » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:11 pm

I mean, it was almost within an hour, so I'll forgive you :lol:

I have the Limbo II (big box with Chorus/Vibrato mode, delay gain knob and better chips, but a less robust ARP mode than the iii compact) up for trade. Have the Limbo III Compact as well, but I'm using it on a small board and don't know that I really want to/can part with it.
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm

publicfig wrote:I mean, it was almost within an hour, so I'll forgive you :lol:

I have the Limbo II (big box with Chorus/Vibrato mode, delay gain knob and better chips, but a less robust ARP mode than the iii compact) up for trade. Have the Limbo III Compact as well, but I'm using it on a small board and don't know that I really want to/can part with it.

Ha! To be honest, I didn't even check the comment date. I just assumed you'd posted it a few days ago and I didn't see it. :lol:

Can you describe more what the difference is? I've been trying to find how the ARP is different between the two. The fact that it has a gain knob is fantastic.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby publicfig » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 pm

AngryGoldfish wrote:
publicfig wrote:I mean, it was almost within an hour, so I'll forgive you :lol:

Ha! To be honest, I didn't even check the comment date. I just assumed you'd posted it a few days ago and I didn't see it. :lol:

Can you describe more what the difference is? I've been trying to find how the ARP is different between the two. The fact that it has a gain knob is fantastic.

Sure! The Limbo II has one arp mode with a few different settings (just different pre-programmed arpeggiations with an adjustable amount of steps). The Limbo III Compact has 3 different ARP modes, each one with different pre-programmed settings in it. While I've not really found that the different programs in the III Compact are THAT much more extensive, there is a Mode 3 on the compact ARP setting that allows it to be used as a traditional delay, and then move a step in the arpeggio when hitting the tap tempo button and then repeats on that note/speed. Honestly, I've not gotten much use out of mode 3 because it's a bit too difficult where it's going to hit on the scale when you hit tap (sometimes it's low enough that it just sounds like it's cutting your delay signal completely) but I imagine that there are people out there that really use it well.

EDIT: I should probably point out that I am in the US, realized I forgot to say that earlier but thought I did. :picard:
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 pm

publicfig wrote:Sure! The Limbo II has one arp mode with a few different settings (just different pre-programmed arpeggiations with an adjustable amount of steps). The Limbo III Compact has 3 different ARP modes, each one with different pre-programmed settings in it. While I've not really found that the different programs in the III Compact are THAT much more extensive, there is a Mode 3 on the compact ARP setting that allows it to be used as a traditional delay, and then move a step in the arpeggio when hitting the tap tempo button and then repeats on that note/speed. Honestly, I've not gotten much use out of mode 3 because it's a bit too difficult where it's going to hit on the scale when you hit tap (sometimes it's low enough that it just sounds like it's cutting your delay signal completely) but I imagine that there are people out there that really use it well.

EDIT: I should probably point out that I am in the US, realized I forgot to say that earlier but thought I did. :picard:

Damn it. Yeah, being in the States complicates things. A Randy's Revenge is around €340 brand new here in Europe. That's about $400. You can buy a Randy's Revenge on Reverb brand-new for $280. Used prices for us are more expensive than your brand-new prices. So that screws with you. I'm screwed because if I trade my Four Eyes and Randy's Revenge for your Ghost Echo, Brothers, and In Limbo (+ cash from me), I'll have to pay 30% or more of the marked value. That's an extra €200+ I'll have to pay. I'd have to pay that no matter what, but the incentive for you to take my Four Eyes and Randy's Revenge is limited because I paid a lot more for those two pedals years ago than you would have to in your country. So unless I took a loss on them, you'd be better to buy in the States. And I'd still have a hefty import fee to worry about. Brothers + EQD + In Limbo = $300 + $130 + $200 = a stupid amount of import fees for me. :cry:

If you'd be willing, I could still possibly buy one or two or all of the pedals from you. But I don't see it making sense for you to take my pedals. The value of the Euro is just so weak in comparison to the dollar. Add to our high VAT rates and your low tax rates and it's a clusterfux.

EDIT: PM your prices are the three pedals, if you're interested in selling. No worries if you're not. :hug:

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby publicfig » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am

Ah shoot, that makes complete sense but I didn't piece it all together when thinking through it... I'm still not positive on selling them but I will definitely PM you if I decide on that!

Thanks and sorry
publicfig

interested
interested

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:46 pm

publicfig wrote:Ah shoot, that makes complete sense but I didn't piece it all together when thinking through it... I'm still not positive on selling them but I will definitely PM you if I decide on that!

Thanks and sorry

Hey, no worries, mate! It's fun to talk trades. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. :thumb: Let me know if you decide you don't mind selling.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 am

Elements has been traded for a Mini. Yay!

Price drops on the following:

Quasar DLX
BAT Pharaoh (crazy awesome one of a kind finish)
Organizer V1
Ghost Echo V1

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Buy / Sell / Trade