HEADS UP: No Memory on Reverb

Moderators: Ghost Hip, Gunner Recall, metalmariachi

Re: HEADS UP: No Memory on Reverb

Postby Paul_C » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm

$harkToootth wrote::lol: The truth always comes out in these threads.
Side note, I think I entered the meta-verse last night. I was sleeping on the floor and really comfortable. Then I became a homeless man in the subways of Oslo (does Oslo even have subways?). Everyone felt bad for me but the joke was on them...I was insanely comfortable on the floor.

Long live the floor!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo_Metro
Paul_C

committed
committed

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:20 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:
Ghost Hip wrote:You can beat your meat but you can't beat a good comfy floor!

Can you add a bit about burts bees?
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm

thesneakup wrote:Saw The Marble Countertop

Can't believe this sort of clarification is necessary, but there's a few different marble countertops on Reverb- this ain't that one with multiples of ilf-based pedz for gouge prices.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby affectperdals » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:
thesneakup wrote:Saw The Marble Countertop

Can't believe this sort of clarification is necessary, but there's a few different marble countertops on Reverb- this ain't that one with multiples of ilf-based pedz for gouge prices.

lol, hold up.... there's a well known marble counter top poster? I need more information on this marble bandit.
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:31 pm

affectperdals wrote:lol, hold up.... there's a well known marble counter top poster? I need more information on this marble bandit.

Haha! Forealz. Search Mtl.Asm and you'll see lots of OG cardboard and marble. It's a microecon lesson- it's been fun to watch market forces at work.

And not that this is a referendum on marble countertops- if it were butcher block or Formica it'd still be scalper-ish. Multiples is the red flag.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby thesneakup » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:Can't believe this sort of clarification is necessary

Probably wasn't, really. You recognized and understood the reference (as did others, I suppose, who weren't impelled to clarify), which was all I expected for the remark to connect.

but there's a few different marble countertops on Reverb- this ain't that one with multiples of ilf-based pedz for gouge prices.

It might not be that one, but if the criterion is the display of a pedal popular at ILF being sold for an inflated price, it certainly is one of them.

#marblecountertop #nomarbley
thesneakup

interested
interested

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 pm

thesneakup wrote:Probably wasn't, really.

Ha! Yep. Cause that's how the internet works.

Thing is, I tried to just wink and nod at my phone for a few days but no one was winking and nodding back, so I thought I'd attempt the novel approach of actually typing words onto the screen.

Anyway, about that Oslo subway...
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:17 pm

I looked into it...there are a couple of Subways in Oslo so no one will go hungry.
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"I was playing guitar a minute ago and had to take a shit...kinda bummned out cuz I was trying to get this super awesome riff down, now I'm just holdin my penis down readin this crap" -comesect2.0
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

^
Good news. And apparently footlong doesn't undergo a unit conversion.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Yeah but can I get that with lutefisk?
adamajah

committed
committed

Postby blackjaw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:
affectperdals wrote:lol, hold up.... there's a well known marble counter top poster? I need more information on this marble bandit.

Haha! Forealz. Search Mtl.Asm and you'll see lots of OG cardboard and marble. It's a microecon lesson- it's been fun to watch market forces at work.

And not that this is a referendum on marble countertops- if it were butcher block or Formica it'd still be scalper-ish. Multiples is the red flag.

Yo fuck the CT5 marble counter top guy.
blackjaw

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Definitely didn't expect to come back to you guys talking about Norway. :lol:
#MindGames
DRod wrote:I'm 90% sure Trump is Sacha Baron Cohen.

iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 am

Ghost Hip wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
codetocontra wrote:If you get a free pedal for doing a demo video, is that not payment? Would that turn a "hobby" into something more? Asking for a friend.

You'd be surprised at how many demoers have to pay for their own pedals. Only the big dogs get free stuff usually. Either that or they demo them and give them back.

Word. In my days of demoing I either paid/traded for pedals or usually I had to give them back. Exceptions were heavy discounts/free peds from Devi Ever, and I got to keep a pedal out of a batch from TheSyle/Holowon. Either way, who fricken cares. As if anyone here would decline a free pedal.

Really thought disclosure might be a good topic for discussion. Saying "who cares" is dismissive to the idea. Which is fine. Obviously no one else cares.
codetocontra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 am

neonblack wrote:I don't think it's wrong that you're charging that much azx, it's just wild that the price has jumped so much.

I'm lucky in the sense that I get a little chubby for these megahype pedals just like everyone else, but I have no practical use for them in my music so there's no real loss when I can't afford them.

This is what I've learned too. I love the megahype pedals, I lust for them, they sound great, they don't fit in my music or workflow, and I sell or trade them. It happens every time.

Also, for some extra context, I traded this No Memory for a RKM Tonal Recall. It was a good and long trade as it went through Brain to check out that the No Memory functioned correctly.
MrNovember

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby affectperdals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:50 am

MrNovember wrote:
Also, for some extra context, I traded this No Memory for a RKM Tonal Recall. It was a good and long trade as it went through Brain to check out that the No Memory functioned correctly.

Hey dude. How's the RKM treating you?
affectperdals

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Buy / Sell / Trade