Rules shouldn't really be needed here, as it should naturally be a self-governing, at-your-own-risk place for B/S/Ting. Most of these points should be obvious anyway! But please read this and take it to heart!
This post will be amended and updated if necessary.
1) Pics are highly recommended. They make the B/S/T forum much more user-friendly, and make your posts more trustworthy. If the item being offered is mint and someone wants to trust you, fine. But why make someone PM you to ask for pics?
2) Post an asking price. The occasional "feeler for offers" is okay, but INFO makes sales easier for everyone. If you post that you're selling something, but don't post pics, condition, or an asking price...what's the point? You wouldn't want someone doing the same to you. Lots of people click back out of any thread that doesn't provide those basic details. Asking for more details is fine, but don't make people ask for details!
1) This is a place for people to make connections to sell and trade personal items (gear or non-gear)...it is not an official marketplace of any kind.
--a) Please be safe, smart, and make sure you feel comfortable with your deals, cause there's nothing the ILF management can do for you if a sale goes bad. (Though, there are ways to launch complaints on PayPal and you will get reported (and banned) if you screw someone here.)
--b) No official Authorized Dealer type sales or giveaways here. They go in Gear. Giveaways can be posted by the manufacturer or dealer (in Gear), sales/deals can be posted in Gear, but not by the manufacturer/dealer.
--c) No manufacturers / direct sales of new pedals. You can post here if you're an active ILF member (50+ posts) offering a small-scale service (such as, if you mod a few pedals in your spare time, paint enclosures on a small scale, sew pillows, make paintings, etc...but not if you are using the B/S/T for a business, have a tied-in website, etc. Manufacturers with forums at ILF are allowed to post any personal pedals, seconds, blems, discontinued pedals, or anything of that nature here.
2) PM to discuss price or make offers. Unless the seller is requesting a public discussion or requesting a debate on the pedal's value, do not publicly question someone's listed price. Don't like the price? Move on. Or PM and make an offer, or PM suggesting a price change if you feel so bold. If you want to discuss what a pedal might be worth (without targeting other ILFers), discuss it in the Gear section.
3) UPDATE YOUR THREAD! As items sell, update your thread. (Don't show up to use the toilet and then not flush.) If possible, update your subject and make it very clear when things have sold. That way, it'll be easier to delete "sold"/dead threads.
4) Please keep the B/S/T forum informational. Wading through a page or two of off-topic or goofy posts makes it harder to tell if something's sold or not, and is bound to frustrate people. (Also, because of the continued bumping that creates, that pushes other active, informational posts further down the page!) Commenting, recommending, and other on-topic replies are fine...this is ILF and we love to goof around. But we'll try to keep it to a minimum in the B/S/T forum.
Thanks for your continued use and support of ILF and the B/S/T forum!!!