= Introduce Yourself =



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby iamthearm » Sat May 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Joined in 2009. First post.

I'm Ben. I play music. I'm not particular to any one kind of music. I have gear issues. TGP sucks. I miss the old HCFX days.
Some bands I've been in:

https://deadsoldierstn.bandcamp.com/
https://deaddawls.bandcamp.com/
https://theunbeheld.bandcamp.com/
Tone is in the directional cables.
iamthearm

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby BitchPudding » Mon May 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Welcome! :hello:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.


ImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/music/
Bandcamp: https://lazaerus.bandcamp.com/
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
ITunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/laz%C3%A6rus/1376394512
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/djnever-1
BitchPudding

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4620
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:14 pm
Location: Nightosphere

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Seance wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:Hey Gear Pals,
My name is Nathan, I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.


So what are your Canadian pedal sources?

Anyhow... welcome!


Sorry, I 100% missed this post! Axe and You Shall Receive, Pedal Boss and Leprechaun FX. Tho, the pedals I listed as incoming we either from the builder or Prymaxe.
Blood_mountain

involved
involved
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 am

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby Sonaboy » Thu May 31, 2018 2:55 pm

Hey all - been a lurker for about five days. First post.

Recently left Haunting Mids, but I love learning about new gear and talking shop (and film and food and tv and and) so I decided join here. Was at Haunting Mids since day 1, but it just got a bit weird and echo chamber-y. Mostly good guys there though.

I play bass in a current project, and have played guitar since my second year in college. Beginning to dabble in synths, but my toes are just the tiniest bit wet ATM.

Current project is: https://alightwithin.bandcamp.com/
Previous project for about 10 years was: https://actorsactresses.bandcamp.com/ & https://actorsactressespyre.bandcamp.com/

I'm in the Midwest.

So - hello!
Sonaboy

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 am
Location: KCMO

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby murch33 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:13 pm

:ninja:
murch33

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:15 am
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby Sonaboy » Thu May 31, 2018 6:52 pm

murch33 wrote::ninja:


smiley hugz (i think)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Sonaboy

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 am
Location: KCMO

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby garyg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm, eh, Gary. Up till now have mostly made noisy/ambient/experimental stuff, pretty much entirely with software. Have recently got back into (non)playing my guitar (cheap jazzmaster copy) and trying to move away from the laptop. Have kick started the pedal board with a zoom multi-stomp with the intention of building my own pedals around it, starting with simple but noisy I can slap in front of my volume pedal. Been a while since I built anything (twenty years?) so, yeah, fun. :)
garyg

interested
interested
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 am
Location: Darkest Kent, UK

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby _themissingshade_ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:40 pm

garyg wrote:I'm, eh, Gary. Up till now have mostly made noisy/ambient/experimental stuff, pretty much entirely with software. Have recently got back into (non)playing my guitar (cheap jazzmaster copy) and trying to move away from the laptop. Have kick started the pedal board with a zoom multi-stomp with the intention of building my own pedals around it, starting with simple but noisy I can slap in front of my volume pedal. Been a while since I built anything (twenty years?) so, yeah, fun. :)


What inspired you to move away from software?
_themissingshade_

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:37 am

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby ummohyeah » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 pm

iamthearm twin peaks reference?
ummohyeah

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby garyg » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:53 am

_themissingshade_ wrote:
garyg wrote:I'm, eh, Gary. Up till now have mostly made noisy/ambient/experimental stuff, pretty much entirely with software. Have recently got back into (non)playing my guitar (cheap jazzmaster copy) and trying to move away from the laptop. Have kick started the pedal board with a zoom multi-stomp with the intention of building my own pedals around it, starting with simple but noisy I can slap in front of my volume pedal. Been a while since I built anything (twenty years?) so, yeah, fun. :)


What inspired you to move away from software?


I should have said for guitar; still use software for most of my work but felt when I wanted to play guitar, then I wanted a simpler set up, not reliant on having my laptop open or having to click around loads of windows. I'll still post-process my guitar but for the initial recordings, I want to just sit with my guitar and a few pedals into a small recorder (using my tascam dr05 currently), no Windows to distract me. And I work with computers all day so time away from a screen is good. :)
garyg

interested
interested
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 am
Location: Darkest Kent, UK

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi, I'm drod, I like loud things and things that wiggle my ear hairs.

Bit of a hiatus, but I'm back.
instagram: digitally_analog | snapchat: dave1856
DRodriguez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3496
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby Seance » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:Sorry, I 100% missed this post! Axe and You Shall Receive, Pedal Boss and Leprechaun FX. Tho, the pedals I listed as incoming we either from the builder or Prymaxe.

Never heard of Pedal Boss before. Where are they located? London, Ontario?

DRodriguez wrote:Hi, I'm drod, I like loud things and things that wiggle my ear hairs.

Bit of a hiatus, but I'm back.


Welcome back!
Seance

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada.

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby RubenTheDev » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 pm

It's been a while since I've visited but am at a place in life where I kinda missed this place.

crazy to think ILFs been around for 10 years man...

Anyway, I'm Ruben, these days I'm a front end web dev working primarily w/ React.

It's nice to be back, though as a lurker mostly.
yarn is the better option because of the kitty icon, npm can't compare.
RubenTheDev

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:31 am

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 pm

sup
Image
LuR SMELT NiTH
comesect2.0

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4258
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm
Location: TX

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby iamthearm » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:57 am

ummohyeah wrote:iamthearm twin peaks reference?


of course. fan since forever and Badalamenti is my hero.
Tone is in the directional cables.
iamthearm

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.