· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:56 am

UglyCasanova wrote:The rumour of your next pedal has already reached the shores of the North Way. I hear it's crazy! :joy:

Ah man, World Famous already. :)*

But yeah, it sounds pretty crazy. The word "thick" came up a lot. I think that's a good thing?

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Jwar's pretty thick and we all love him, so...

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Hello world!

I am a pedal fiend and have spent a lot of time on the guitar pedals subreddit over the years. I have finally been convinced to join the ranks of this fine community. I live near Chicago and regularly post on Instagram under this same name with all sorts of pedal related content. AMA ;)

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 pm

ubenjammin2 wrote:Hello world!

I am a pedal fiend and have spent a lot of time on the guitar pedals subreddit over the years. I have finally been convinced to join the ranks of this fine community. I live near Chicago and regularly post on Instagram under this same name with all sorts of pedal related content. AMA ;)

Good to meet ya.....you bitch. :!!!:

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 pm

ubenjammin2 wrote:Hello world!

Howdy! I think I've seen your stuff on Instagram! Welcome to ILF!

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Hey hi!
Im new with this forum thing, so if i made some mistakes please let me know! haha

Well, my name is Efren Castro, im from mexico and i have a small pedal company called Paradox Effects (http://www.paradoxeffects.com)

I like to know about new pedal companys who are making crazy stuff.

I live in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.

So, nice to meet you all!

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Oooh very cool, man! Welcome! I'm checking out your site right now—great looking stuff. You'll fit right in :)

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Yeah digging the designs. I know UglyCasanova uses the Fuzz-E Cat.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:50 pm

popvulture wrote:Oooh very cool, man! Welcome! I'm checking out your site right now—great looking stuff. You'll fit right in :)

Thanks a lot dude! we're trying our best on this!

Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Hey guys, I just joined.. I'm 37, I'm a mechanical engineer (just got my first job out of college), I have built a couple guitar amps, and a shitton of clone pedals, a couple semi-original boxes and I'm currently building a guitar from scratch. I'm a nerds nerd, and I like to figure out how shit works and build things. I have a bunch of electric guitars, I play a Mesa Triple Rectifier, a '68 Fender Bassman I modded to the AA864 normal channel, and I'm working on a mod channel for the Bass instrument using the other unused half of the 12AX7. Just finished up a Vibrochamp clone head, so I need to put that in a box of some sort. Anyway, I do love fuzz, it's pretty much the best and most savage thing you can do to sound in my opinion. My tastes for guitar pedals kind of leans towards the noise and trippy side. I am really digging this Copilot effects dude, why did I never hear of his shit before? Oh right, it's because Guitar center doesn't carry it and I don't live in the D.R. ;) But now thanks to IloveFuzz I have heard of it!! Thanks guys :)
-Brett

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to show us your DIY stuff ;-)

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi! My name is Dmitry.I am pedalmaker from Siberia. My main job is data recovery engineer, but my soul belongs to designing musical staff. Speak in English is slightly hard to me, but I hope I'll be a part of your community. And you will enjoy my pedals as well.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 am

Hey, Dmitry, welcome. Your English is much better than my Russian. :hello:

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 am

Hi there! I'm glad I finally got my confirmation email, haha. I've been really active buy/sell/trading and discussing pedals on Reddit but I always lurk here. Played guitar for 15 years but you'd never know it. I primarily play bass with gigging bands and also am competent behind a drum kit. I do some recording/mixing on the side for friends and bands I like. I'm getting my MBA so I can afford to work from home and buy more gear. I'm also about to dive into synths as soon as I finish setting up my studio kit and get my bass amp. Eyeing the Waldorf Blofeld, Moog Sub Phatty, and a Make Noise 0-Coast.

My current guitar rig is a purple tolex modded AC15C1 (Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker, bright cap mod, etc), a "custom" black CP jazzmaster (purple mirror pickguard, black Gotoh locking tuners, blacked out hardware and pup covers), and.. not very many pedals. I'm in the midst of a purge right now, but in about a month my board will be: SS/BS Fuck (have it now), Boss BF-2 (have it), EHX Green Russian Muff (replacing my bass big muff and Shigeharu), TC Hall of Fame 2 (replacing my Meteore), Boss DD7 with tap (replacing a dozen previous delays, hopefully the last), Dwarfcraft Wizard of Pitch (because I'm not sure about a CT5), and the EQD Data Corrupter (finally an affordable PLL clone!). If you couldn't guess, I play really noisy weird stuff (really into stuff like The Locust and Melt Banana, post-rock like Mum and Sigur Ros, and math rock like Don Cab and Toe). I also dabble in building my own effects, I have a couple of design ideas a friend and I might prototype when we have some spare time.

And for the curious: bass is a Fender Special Edition Deluxe P/J (the seafoam green/black block inlays one), and I'm trying to decide how many watts I need out of my Ampeg PF and which speakers before I buy one. (leaning towards the 500 and a 2x12). I run that through the same pedalboard as guitar, the Fuck is my FAVORITE pedal for bass overdrive. I work in a music store and love to talk gear, so I'm looking forward to being a regular around here.
Post a reply