= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Postby voodoohaze » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:35 am

welcome kimberly! good to hear from you. been wondering about this mysterious kim person thats mentioned every now and then. keep up the good work with the pedals.
voodoohaze

interested
interested

Postby zerosum » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:12 pm

sadzoo wrote:My name is Kimberly. I work with Devi, my love. I make the pedals with the purple wire inside.

Hi :wave:
I have one of yours :D
zerosum

interested
interested

Postby aen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:31 pm

AHA! I'm going ot open my BIT ASAP!
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzadoo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:40 am

hello, my name is randy. i play guitar, drums and keys. mostly proggy indie stuff, hard to describe the music one makes. i'm 27 years old am in a couple of bands that play out semi-regularly. use to play and tour a lot but have slowed down a little the last year or so and am having more fun than i've ever had probably.
fuzzadoo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby spittingoutteeth » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Well, I've posted a few times now, so I guess I should probably give myself an intro...

My name is Jay, I'm 29 years old & I live in Burlington, VT. I run a music and film blog called Spitting Out Teeth (http://www.spittingoutteeth.com) (hence the screen name), make experimental films, and I have been playing music on & off for about 13 years. Lately I have been working on a couple of musical projects, a doom drone/noise metal duo called "solah" and a free-jazz/experimental group called "the le duo (sextet)".

I only own one Devi Ever pedal so far (the Synth Mangler, which was my birthday present to myself--my b-day was three days ago) but I plan on getting as many as I can in the next few months!
spittingoutteeth

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby hasblueshoes » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:59 pm

Todd, 28 years old
Been playing almost half that time, somehow I got started obsessing over pedals, moreso than guitars or amps. Maybe because they were cheaper, but maybe because I liked how you could use them and get a way different sound in an instant. I drifted a little over to amps but that proved to be much more expensive (although for some of the boutique pedals its not a big jump from the old off-brand tube amps).
I've played in a few bands, always as a bass player. I just bought my first pedal from Devi and I've already got my ears on 3 or 4 more.
hasblueshoes

committed
committed

Postby Suilebhain » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:04 pm

So, the mysterious Kim steps out of the shadows (or into them, where I can see better...) Welcome! We've heard of you!

sadzoo wrote:I really enjoy reading the thoughts in this board. There are quite a lot of intelligent peoples here.

Don't let us fool ya!!!

Heheh. ;)
:bob: :bob: :bob: :bob:
ALL HAIL BOB!

"...perhaps the way we started to play wasn't as impressive as it was to us, even, wasn't as full of impact as it might have been. I mean, it was done very well rather than considerably exciting. One thinks of it all as a dream." -S. Barrett
Suilebhain

involved
involved

Postby metalmariachi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:49 am

I have to agree.
When Aretha sings she feels it and you feel it.
I love pretty much every thing that came out of Mussel Shoals. My personal Aretha favorite is Rock Steady.
And she can still hit the back rows of the Astrodome without a mike.

Keith
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Suilebhain » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:45 am

I'm rather fond of Kate Bush, Bjork, Grace Slick,Toni Halliday, the one from Collide, and the vocalist for the band I Hate This Place.

Oh, yeah, and the one for the band Kira.
ALL HAIL BOB!

"...perhaps the way we started to play wasn't as impressive as it was to us, even, wasn't as full of impact as it might have been. I mean, it was done very well rather than considerably exciting. One thinks of it all as a dream." -S. Barrett
Suilebhain

involved
involved

Postby Dennnis » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:02 am

Hi, my name is Dennis. I am 23 years old and live in the Netherlands. I used to play guitar in a great doom/noise band until the drummer quit and we haven't been able to find a replacement. Probably because our music is pretty specific. Nowadays I mostly just make noisy post-rock music on my own.
During the day I study marketing and during weekends I work as a mailman, so I can afford to buy more gear I don't need. ;)
Dennnis

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby zerosum » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:24 pm

so I can afford to buy more gear I don't need.

Awesome ;)
hehehehe
Welcome aboard
zerosum

interested
interested

Postby Tweedsuitcase » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:12 pm

I'm john. playing music long enough that i should be kinda good. I don't like most modern country, jazz, or folk, but anything before the 60's is cool. i like old r&r, 70's punk, velvet underground, the who, big star, 80's underground, shoegaze, wimpy pop stuff (smiths, belle& sebastian, decemberists...), many varieties of indie rock, and yo la tengo/sonic youth type stuff. my playing tends toward neil young/americana type stuff, but i really would like to explore my experimental pop side. i don't lean towards much ?heavy? rock, but i do llike to rock and play loud.
i also read way too much, and watch as much hockey as i can. i'm practically from hicksville, but am sort of close to DC.
my main band is at http://www.myspace.com/thecollaters.
really enjoying the forums so far!
Tweedsuitcase

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Tweedsuitcase » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:05 pm

sadzoo wrote:My name is Kimberly. I work with Devi, my love. I make the pedals with the purple wire inside. I love music, especially by women. But I am open to any kind of music. I used to play guitar (acustic), I want to learn all kinds of music someday. I love nature. To me it is an extention of myself. Life is mysterious, and I don't always understand it, or myself. I love people, but am myself a little hard to get to know.

I really enjoy reading the thoughts in this board. There are quite a lot of intelligent peoples here.

my friend, Dawn Dineen, who is taking me on tour as her guitar and synth player, is a great musician/songwriter, who happens to be female!
http://www.myspace.com/dineendawn if anyone wants to check her out. :D
Tweedsuitcase

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby aen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:53 pm

TWEEZ, I SEE YOUR NAME ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FORUM INDEX, BUT I DONT SEE YOU IN THE INTRODUCITON THREAD.

YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby randel_07 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:33 pm

hey im randel from pittsburg, ca
im in college so i dont have much money, but i save up enough to be able to afford pedals and such(heck yea)
and right now i dont own any devi ever pedals yet, i'm still waiting for the ones im interested in to be in stock
and i dont know what else to say
randel_07

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion