= Introduce Yourself =

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: = Introduce Yourself =

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 pm

:lol: This's probably not what you're looking for (and I have mixed feelings about this), but it's still pretty badass:

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby HorsSujet » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Mixed feelings as well, but I enjoyed this videos so much !
HorsSujet

committed
committed

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 am

oldangelmidnight, no there isn't a lot of people doing this with traditional thai instruments. The electronic and noise community sample things or generate noise at performances sometimes, but it isn't as interesting as what is happening in Japan with their use of old traditional instruments into new ideas. It isn't really happening here yet. The people that do do it usually focus on live performance and not recording. And yes, 'folk' here is the same as in the west. Traditional music is very rigid and extremely limited in the rules of how you are supposed to play it in that genre of music. If you are interested in old music that is not 'traditional', there is a lot of things that are very beautiful too. I don't know what type of music you enjoy though

Chankgeez, many places that use animals to make money from tourists here are involved in corruption and often abuse many laws by bribing local police. As the environment is damaged more and more each year, many animals are losing their homes and people traffic or sell them to make money. The animals don't need people to take care of them in contained places, they need people to stop destroying the forests and leave large areas for them to live a natural life without seeing humans. If you ever travel here, please try not to support places that don't let animals live in their natural habitat and use them to make profit for themselves instead. There are some places that really care about animals, many places that care for abused and injured animals, but there are many more that just care about making money from suffering and lying. I am not sure about the video you posted, but know that many people visit it every year.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks for that context, ibarakishi, puts things in perspective.

Yeah, I remember there was that whole thing with them shutting down that tiger temple not too long ago.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am

yeah that is a perfect example. There are many places like this. It makes me sad because many people are also trying to do great work as well and often these people are affected negatively by the consequences of people that are doing illegal things. It makes their lives harder, but i am also proud that many small people continue to keep trying to create positive changes in the life around them. I think it is not always tourists fault for supporting these things also because they are not given accurate or complete information about the actions they are supporting when traveling. So we must always try to communicate with each other and share things that we care about when we can if we want anything to change :)
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:25 am

Outstanding record. Would love to visit Thailand one day.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 am

Thanks D.o.S. , if you have the time and money in the future, winter is the best time to come (less pollution and lower temperature)
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Thank you! I've had some interest in the GinJae vegetarian festival, but I'm afraid of being a cultural tourist (which, obviously, I would be).
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Zander_Circuitry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi Guys!

I'm Alex, owner of Zander Circuitry :)

I've browsed the forum a few times and thought it was about time I posted on here as i've had a few people mention they found out about me through this forum, seems only right I inroduce myself properly.

I'll try to be as active as possible but it isn't always easywith both a full time job and a pedal business. :O
Zander_Circuitry

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby gh the Coffee King » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Hey all! Been kinda lurking around here for a while, and I figured I'd finally join in on the fun. I'm gh (always lowercase!), a 20-year-old dork from the frozen hellhole of the universe, AKA New York. Lately, I've been learning how to build pedals, so maybe something will come of that? I dunno, but for now, I'm not sure how often I'll be online considering how busy and sick I am right now :P Just figured I'd get the introduction out of the way while I was thinking about it
gh the Coffee King

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Yo coffee.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DS_Harpejji » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:56 am

harpejji.jpg
harpejji.jpg (110.44 KiB) Viewed 4680 times
Im Donny, and after 40 plus years of playing saxophone..im now playing the Harpejji , a 16 stringed tapping instrument. I play it very electric...in guitar terms, the sounds im after are in the Jeff Beck/Marc Ribot/ Sonny Sharrock bag o' tricks....its a lot to learn, as 16 piezo pickups, one for each string, behave differently from magnetic p ups.....so an effect that sounds killer on guitar may be only so so on the Harpejji....and vice versa.
Right now....my pedal board is like this......Harpejji > Boss Super Shifter ( for - octaves, and whammy dive bombs)>Boss Stereo Chorus > Arion stereo chorus>Blaxx overdrive +> Lovepedal SUPERLEAD > MXR fullbore metal> Thomas Organ WAH> tc electronic Flashback delay> Tc HOF reverb... There s an NS-2 noise suppressor in there too , for the ODs.....I play thru a Mesa/Boogie f30 .....the board goes in the front of the amp, and I have a Kaoss pad, and a Boomerang looper in the fx loop..

Willing to demo any pedals for any builders that would like to try a different application besides guitar, bass ,and the occasional keyboard.
DS_Harpejji

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:01 am

I, for one, would love to hear some clips of said instrument with said pedals!

Welcome (that goes for the rest of you also)! :!!!:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:26 pm

I'd like to welcome my homie Stefan! We have known each other for about 25 years and used to go to school together. He's a rad dude who loves good music. He has not posted yet, so I'm doing a bit of prodding here. :)

Welcome bullshitface!

Also, he's looking for some good fuzzes that do both germanium and silicon. So do yo thang ILF.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Somnambulance » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:39 pm

jwar wrote:I'd like to welcome my homie Stefan! We have known each other for about 25 years and used to go to school together. He's a rad dude who loves good music. He has not posted yet, so I'm doing a bit of prodding here. :)

Welcome bullshitface!

Also, he's looking for some good fuzzes that do both germanium and silicon. So do yo thang ILF.

Buzzz, Pharaoh, and I'm sure many others. I could be wrong though
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion