Top 20 albums for you?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Top 20 albums for you?

Postby MaxMaps » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:14 pm

1 - White Zombie - La Sestosixto Devil Music vol 1
2 - Parliament - The Mothership Connection
3 - George Benson - Breezin
4 - Jimi Hendrix - Electric Lady Land
5 - White Zombie - Astro Creep 2000
6 - Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
7 - Slayer - Reign In Blood
8- Snapcase - Designs by Automaton
9 - At the Drive in - Relationship of Command
10 - Alice in Chains - Dirt
11 - The Misfits - Legacy of Brutality
12- Danzig - How the Gods Kill
13 - Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
14 - Snoopdogg - Doggystyle
15 - Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
16 - Metallica - Black Album
17 - Andy Mckee - Dreamcatcher
18 - Neil Young - Harvest Moon
19 - Soundgarden - Superunknown
20 - Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers / Enter the Wu

I just did this off the top of head, briefly looking at my phone. Made me smile.

Tell me amigos, what are your top 20? ( doesn't have to be all time)
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 am
Location: Porkland, Oregon Home of the other white meat.

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Yes, this's definitely one of 'em:

Image

More to come. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 40778
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:06 am

Oh shit.
This is very very difficult. I've numbered them just to make sure I get 20 in there. But it's not ordered 1-20, if you get my drift.

1 Iron Maiden - Powerslave
2 Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
3 Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4 Meshuggah - Nothing
5 Gorguts - Colored Sands
6 Ulcerate - Stare into Death and be Still
7 Emperor - Prometheus - The Disceipline of Fire & Demise
8 Alice in Chains - Dirt
9 Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
10 Napalm Death - Apex Predator
11 Strapping Young Lad - City
12 Sepultura - Arise
13 Cult of Luna - Mariner
14 Krallice - Ygg Huur
15 Opeth - Still Life
16 Slayer - Decade of Agression
17 Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea
18 Guns n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
19 Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts
20 Meshuggah - Destroy Erase Improve
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13321
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 am

Feels weird not to have Pantera, Gojira, Morbid Angel, AC/DC on there. Dillinger, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility. Cannibal Corpse. Neurosis. Immortal.

Eh... I dunno. But I think that list is pretty good. All of those albums have meant something for me, and they are all in regular rotation. Stare into Death and be Still really sticks out, and also Gorguts. They are easily the two best albums of the last 20 years if you ask me. Get back to me in a few years, but Stare into Death could be my all time favourite album. It's one of the few albums I listen to that pulls the heart strings as much as it pulls my neck muscles. It took a looooong time to get into though.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13321
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby vidret » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 am

This is basically impossible.

I’ll give it a go in a minute.
vidret

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7208
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: heart of dankness

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby vidret » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:01 am

ok so I definitely can't do an ordered list, but I can give you 20.

1 - Daft Punk - Alive 2007
2 - High On Fire - The Art of Self Defense
3 - Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
4 - Sleep - The Sciences (If I can include Leagues Beneath and The Clarity in here that's even better)
5 - Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral
6 - Monster Magnet - Spine of God
7 - Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R? or maybe the self titled. Or songs for the deaf.
8 - Queens of the Stone Age - one of the those albums above.
9 - Jimi Hendrix - absolutely cannot make my mind up. Bold as love maybe.
10 - Behemoth - Demigod
11 - Radiohead - cannot decide either. OK Computer or hail to the thief or amnesiac or in rainbows or or
12 - Radiohead - another one of those. If we're allowed to include live performances I do think the "from the basement" version of king of limbs is up there among their top records.
13 - Pink Floyd - that one album with the diamond, im so basic.
14 - RJD2 - Deadringer (or the horror?)
15 - Metallica - any of the 3 first albums.
16 - Led Zeppelin - any of the 4 first.
17 - Led Zeppelin - Another one of the 4 first.
18 - Nails - im not like the other girls
19 - Melvins - stoner witch or a senile animal.
20 - Black Sabbath - one spot evenly spread out over the 6 first albums

yeah so this is an impossible task.
vidret

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7208
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: heart of dankness

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby vidret » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:04 am

damn, you're right goroth.

21 - Alice in Chains - Dirt

edit: damn, you're also right maxmaps

22 - Soundgarden - Superunknown

edit: damn brain, you're also ALSO right.

23 - Cannibal Corpse - Torture
24 - Watain - Opus Diaboli
vidret

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7208
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: heart of dankness

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:17 am

Airto - Identity
Allan Holdsworth - Sand
David Axelrod - Earth Rot
Genesis - Duke/Genesis
Low - Trust
M83 - Before The Dawn Heals Us/Saturdays=Youth
Magma - Attahk
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire/Visions Of The Emerald Beyond
Marcos Valle - Previsao Do Tempo
Mercury Rev - Snowflake Midnight
Michal Urbaniak - Atma
Milton Nascimento - Anima
Rush - Permanent Waves/Signals
Santana - Welcome
Steely Dan - Countdown To Ectasy
Stereolab - Dots And Loops
Terry Riley - Persian Surgery Dervishes
The Stooges - Stooges/Fun House
The Tubes - Young And Rich/Now
Underworld - Beaucoup Fish/Barking
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 am
Location: London

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:47 am

Vidret, you put Torture before KILL?
Interesting!
Torture is good though.

Soundgarden should be in there. But I'd put Badmotorfinger ahead of Superunknown.

Doc X that Mahavishnu album is total fire. If I didn't have so many metal albums I love it'd be on there.
I've listened to Atavachron and Metal Fatigue more than Sand. I'll go put Sand on now and pay more attention to it!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 13321
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby vidret » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:03 am

goroth wrote:Vidret, you put Torture before KILL?
Interesting!
Torture is good though.

Soundgarden should be in there. But I'd put Badmotorfinger ahead of Superunknown.


I probably just listened to torture the most because of the production and then got to know the songs better.
as deep as the knife will go, followed home then killed, torn through, crucifier avenged and ofc scourge of iron!
Highlights are def scourge and followed tho. Other CC albums have 1-2 songs at most and I never listen to the rest.

Runner up would be the one that has "pit of zombies" on it or Vile.

Superunknown>>>>badmotorfinger!
vidret

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7208
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: heart of dankness

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:47 am

vidret wrote:9 - Jimi Hendrix - absolutely cannot make my mind up. Bold as love maybe.


Definitely the Hendrix album I'd've chosen as well. :thumb:

Doctor X wrote:Airto - Identity


Good to see Airto make someone's list. :love:

For my second selection, I'll have to go with:

Image
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 40778
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 am

goroth wrote:Doc X that Mahavishnu album is total fire. If I didn't have so many metal albums I love it'd be on there.
I've listened to Atavachron and Metal Fatigue more than Sand. I'll go put Sand on now and pay more attention to it!


Sand was his first album with the synthaxe, and I think it gave him fresh inspiration.
I should have sneaked in Road Games onto the list as well! Although it's only 24mins long and classed as a "mini-album".
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 am
Location: London

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby MaxMaps » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:28 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
vidret wrote:9 - Jimi Hendrix - absolutely cannot make my mind up. Bold as love maybe.


Definitely the Hendrix album I'd've chosen as well. :thumb:

Doctor X wrote:Airto - Identity


Good to see Airto make someone's list. :love:

For my second selection, I'll have to go with:

Image


Maggot Brain is such a phenomenal record - truly a master piece a head of it time - I almost put that on my list instead of the mothership connection but I cant deny how many times I have played it.

I keep looking at my list and second guessing everything but I have to leave it because it was the first thing that spat out of me.

goroth wrote:Feels weird not to have Pantera, Gojira, Morbid Angel, AC/DC on there. Dillinger, At the Gates, Dark Tranquility. Cannibal Corpse. Neurosis. Immortal.

Eh... I dunno. But I think that list is pretty good. All of those albums have meant something for me, and they are all in regular rotation. Stare into Death and be Still really sticks out, and also Gorguts. They are easily the two best albums of the last 20 years if you ask me. Get back to me in a few years, but Stare into Death could be my all time favourite album. It's one of the few albums I listen to that pulls the heart strings as much as it pulls my neck muscles. It took a looooong time to get into though.


Same with AC/CD Cannibal Corpse and Dillenger - I think for all the years I played heavy metal I would have heavier stuff on there but I can't deny some of those records for sentimental reasons. George Benson's Breezin is one of them, so is Neil Young .

Keep them coming guys, I am going to be adding some of your albums to my play list :)
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 am
Location: Porkland, Oregon Home of the other white meat.

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby chuckjaywalk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:44 pm

The Cure - Disintegration
The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
The Cure - Wild Mood Swings
Husker Du - Zen Arcade
Sugar - Copper Blue
Bob Mould - Bob Mould
Bad Religion - Against the Grain
The Clash - London Calling
Rancid - Let's Go
Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut
Swervedriver - Mezcal Head
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Slowdive - Souvlaki
Morrissey - Bona Drag
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
REM - Monster
Pop Will Eat Itself - This is the Day, This is the Hour, This is This
KMFDM - Nihil
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Top 20 albums for you?

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:19 pm

Like with most others, these are not in order and also done fairly hurriedly, so it's a mix of all-time classics and current favs

1. Modest Mouse – The Lonesome Crowded West
2. Modest Mouse – This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About
3. Mimicking Birds – Eons
4. Built To Spill – LIVE
5. Holy Fuck – Holy Fuck
6. The Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
7. Ugly Casanova – Sharpen Your Teeth
8. Duster – Stratosphere
9. Three Trapped Tigers – Numbers
10. Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Life Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
11. Jacob Collier – Djesse Vol. 2
12. Battles - Gloss Drop
13. Mew – Frengers: Not Quite Friends But Not Quite Enemies
14. Sigur Ros – Takk…
15. Melt Banana – Fetch
16. Mogwai – Come On Die Young
17. A Place To Bury Strangers – Exploding Head
18. Boris – New Album (haters gonna hate)
19. Radiohead - Amnesiac
20. At The Drive-In – Relationship of Command
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 12395
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Next

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)



ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.