It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby K2000 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:09 pm

Here's a new article in Science magazine - a little technical but not too bad - saying that the 6 foot recommendation is based on 80-year old technology that can't detect aerosol particles like modern technology can. The aerosol can travel farther than the big droplets, and because of the smaller particle size, can penetrate deeply into the lungs, more so than bigger droplets. The best way to combat this is if everybody is wearing masks... not because they protect the mask wearer (masks do protect a wearer, some) but the mask traps the aerosol from spreading out, which protects everybody else. The safest situation is when everyone wears a mask around other people, shopping etc.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/ ... ce.abc6197

The people who are protesting the lockdowns while not wearing masks don't understand that they are undermining their own efforts, by showing everybody that they refuse to comply with safety recommendations. People who are irresponsible with safety measures are why lockdowns are necessary. It would be like a drive-by protest against traffic laws, and all the protesters are driving around holding up beers. If you want to end lockdowns sooner, get everybody to comply with safety recommendations, which are to wear masks in public. If you look at Asian countries like Vietnam, they have an extremely low infection rate, and very few deaths, almost certainly because they have virtually everyone wearing masks. It's not the first time they've had to wear masks in Vietnam, so there's no social stigma about it. And they have cops and military enforcing it.

I live in New York City, if I lived in Montana I might feel differently. But supposedly, the virus is going to hit virtually the entire country, sooner or later.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu May 28, 2020 10:38 pm

this isn't highly technical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaik9SCJ0L4

:idk:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Fri May 29, 2020 11:32 am

The masks thing getting politicized is super silly.

We've had it and have decided to loosen up our own restrictions. Yesterday, my wife had 3 of her friends over. We set them up in our 2 car garage w a chair in each corner...they were like 10 - 15 ft apart...each chair had a little snack table with cups/water/etc and everyone was encouraged to bring their own adult beverages to minimize sharing risks. Sanitizers were out and there was some light music. My wife loved it, she said it did wonders for her mental health and she is encouraging me to start doing the same.

In any event, one of her guests arrived and said to another guest, "hey you aren't doing the social distancing thing...well I'm not either" and she pulled her chair pretty much on top of the other mom and proceeded to spend the rest of the evening really close to her for no other reason than because she wanted to make a statement that she wasn't obeying social distance guidelines.

That's the rub as I see it. It isn't that people who don't agree with it are just living their lives, they are deliberately doing whatever they can to disrespect the practice as a whole. My wife didn't care, she said as long as they stay away from me, who cares...and I agree with her, but it's so true that this mom who is mad about the way things are...she is feeding into the problem, making it worse, by making her statement that she is against the practice.

It's an awful thing to think this way, but enough people have not died. We need these people who are against social distancing to catch it...and start spreading it to their loved ones. We need multiple positive cases to show up at these protest rallies. The news needs to change to remorseful interviews of people who refused to wear masks crying over dead and dying loved ones pleading with the other morons to take this seriously and don't make the same mistakes. Until that happens, the fools will continue to make real life seem like "Idiocracy" was a documentary and not a comedy.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 29, 2020 11:42 am

cosmicevan wrote:feeding into the problem, making it worse, by making her statement that she is against the practice.

You can thank our Politicizer-in-Chief for encouraging that kinda behavior. He's a great leader.
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Nah. That's giving him too much power. Sure he is making it easy for people to think a certain way, but ultimately they are at fault for following that thought pattern. I will now quote Nickleback

"I'm not a leader of man because I prefer to follow"

Seems so relevant now.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 29, 2020 1:33 pm

You wanna talk about leaders of men?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb8QYK463Ts
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Fri May 29, 2020 3:29 pm

I went to the Costco yesterday and it was a real friggin' shit show. No more lineups, masks "suggested" and there were full families roaming around with their kids, no one was social distancing. It was the first time I really felt put out by people's behaviour. I won't head there for a while and I'll just stick with my local supermarket for the time being....

I went to pick up a record from a local shop that I bought online, they are very carefully opening up and masks are mandatory, the very nice young lady at the cash had told me that they have gotten into verbal arguments with customers who are refusing to mask. More than a couple and they have only been open for 3 days.

I work for a hospital, I am 99% community based but had to run into the ER last week to do something, I can't even imagine the stress they are under. The ER is never "fun" but you could feel the tension from people just radiating. Everyone is preparing for the "second wave" as things loosen up.....
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Fri May 29, 2020 5:15 pm

retinal orbita wrote:I went to the Costco yesterday and it was a real friggin' shit show. No more lineups, masks "suggested" and there were full families roaming around with their kids, no one was social distancing. It was the first time I really felt put out by people's behaviour. I won't head there for a while and I'll just stick with my local supermarket for the time being....

There was a very similar situation when I took my kids to a bigger playground in the city today (we had to go to the library anyway). People don't seem to care about social distancing anymore. We three have been the only persons among sixty or seventy others who wore a mask. My 5-year-old daughter was really pissed that all the kids got too close for her taste. When she climbed on a nest swing another girl wanted to get up as well and my daughter calmly told her that it's still time to keep distance. That was so cute.

But I was pissed as well and I won't visit a playground too soon again. The second wave will come, due to pure dumbness of the masses.
Pepe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat May 30, 2020 4:16 am

People are definitely putting less effort in here too. I try not to judge too harshly though as the government advice and messaging has been so unclear
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 pm

My wife had her hours cut, so now she's trying to file for unemployment, but there's apparently an issue with her claim. However, the fucking unemployment site is awful and doesn't actually tell you any information about the issue or even identify what it is, and it's impossible to reach them by phone. The system doesn't put you on hold or even hang up on you, it just...does nothing. She emailed them a week ago but hasn't gotten a response.

Also, because her hours were cut, her job dropped her insurance coverage.
To add her to my policy would make my monthly cost for mediocre insurance go from $50 a month to $250.

But hey, at least we aren't drowning in our own lung juice (yet)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Achtane wrote:... and it's impossible to reach them by phone. The system doesn't put you on hold or even hang up on you, it just...does nothing.

Try having her call as soon as their phone lines open. With bureaucracy, that sometimes works. :whoa:
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm

True, that's a good idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun May 31, 2020 3:27 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Achtane wrote:... and it's impossible to reach them by phone. The system doesn't put you on hold or even hang up on you, it just...does nothing.

Try having her call as soon as their phone lines open. With bureaucracy, that sometimes works. :whoa:

My wife got through on a weekend when the lines first opened up. Hold time was reasonable...when she hung up she told her (former) co-workers who were also trying to file. One of them got through mid morning and was on hold until the end of their day and never got a person to pick up. It was like a 6 hour hold or something crazy. :picard:
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:22 pm

WOW! This got pushed to page two. Fucking virus.

I think it's time. I'm exiting Facebook. I'm literally beginning to hate everyone I know, family included. I can't stop the way I feel. My cousin was posting about masks being stupid and all this and I basically told her she's a selfish piece of shit because our uncle died from it. Like what the actual fuck is wrong with you? You uncle fucking died you dumbass! Why would you post that kind of shit??? MY aunt who lost her husband can see it too. Fuck them. I'm done. Fucking people need to fuck off. I'm not changing my comfort for anyone. Fuck you.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby cantremember » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Im right there with you on the level of frustration, Jwar. This virus is really poppin off here in Az. It's 108 degrees out here and covid said, oh you thought I'd dip out when it gets hot? Think again ya social distancing haters. As far as the mask thing goes, my work brought everyone back about a month ago and made it mandatory for everyone to wear masks but most people wear them like they're beard covers because "they're uncomfortable"
:picard:
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion