It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby sylnau » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:24 am

Dowi wrote:My partner lost her grandpa yesterday. He was very old, but the spiral that caused his death was caused by a suspect of COVID infection because of fever, which led to a subministration of antibiotics, which left him totally without strenght, and he was not able to react to such a treatment.
Maybe it wasn't even this virus, but the current situation forces some decisions.

Side note, yesterday i got to the office for the first time in 3 weeks and it was surreal. No one around, empty streets, it took me 17mins instead of the usual 35 to get there.
I admit that i enjoyed the quiet all around, but after a while everything became a bit creepy.

I'm still working from the office (I work for an essential services - food business)... same here, there's not much trafic. Are things going better in Italy Dowi?

Jwar :hug:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10317
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Dowi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:08 am

sylnau wrote:I'm still working from the office (I work for an essential services - food business)... same here, there's not much trafic. Are things going better in Italy Dowi?


Apparently it seems that the number of new cases is slooowly starting to decrease, we need to wait a few days to see if it's true.
Most production facilities are going to re-open next week if the government doesn't extend current regulations, honestly i don't know if it's the best thing to do.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Pepe » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:31 am

Dowi wrote:Most production facilities are going to re-open next week if the government doesn't extend current regulations, honestly i don't know if it's the best thing to do.

Ouch! In Germany they aren't thinking about doing that too soon. And in Italy there has been a lot higher death rate than in Germany:

Germany: 1,75%
world wide: 5,59%
Italy: 12,47% (!!!)

:whoa:
Pepe

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:41 pm
Location: Germany

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Dowi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:51 am

Pepe wrote:
Dowi wrote:Most production facilities are going to re-open next week if the government doesn't extend current regulations, honestly i don't know if it's the best thing to do.

Ouch! In Germany they aren't thinking about doing that too soon. And in Italy there has been a lot higher death rate than in Germany:

Germany: 1,75%
world wide: 5,59%
Italy: 12,47% (!!!)

:whoa:


yeah, those rates are a tricky line to walk on, most countries don't make enough tests so you really don't know the real number of total infected cases, and same with the deaths (See there).

Anyway i totally agree with you, i'm gonna work from home as much as i can for the next weeks/months, even if it's difficult, and i hope that companies support and push their employees to do the same.

I guess we'll see what happens at the end of the week. I guess they're waiting to see how the rates of deaths and new cases are going to make a decision.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Schlatte » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:16 pm

Holy shit Jwar, really sorry man! :hug:

This whole thing is fucking crazy... here in Austria the whole social distancing regulations are still in effect until end of april and it is really creepy outside. Everybody is walking around fully alert and keeping safety distances to other people, it is mandatory to wear face masks when shopping in the supermarket, so you can't read any facial expressions and that really makes me feel uncomfortable. I am allowed to go to the office every second week and it is just empty everywhere like in some apocalyptic near-end movie.
But as far as I know, all the regulations are quite effective, I haven't heard of any overloaded hospitals or shortage of respirators, etc. so at least it seems to help.

Not like the horror stories in the media that we get from italy. Dowi, is it actually that catastrophic? I mean it is just over the border from here, I just can't get it in my mind that there is such a big difference so close by, it is a really disturbing thought...
Good Deals with: All these fine people!
Achtane wrote:I like my urination technique like I like my components, through-hole.
Schlatte

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Austria

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:09 pm

It's weird because my brother was saying a lot of the hospitals are empty too, which doesn't make sense. I don't know what to fucking believe anymore. I know something is killing people. I don't know what to believe with regards to how we handle this. Italy is about to reopen which seems crazy based on what the news had been saying previously. I'm curious on the truth there as well.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

User avatar
Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: The edge of existence

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Achtane » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Everything is gonna start up again and we're gonna get whacked again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Image
Achtane

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 13988
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Location: under the manchineel

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby 01010111 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:55 pm

Here in South Korea they aren’t talking like they’re going to open things up again, but they haven’t closed very many things indefinitely. People who have tested positive have been breaking quarantine to go see the cherry blossoms, and many people are going out and about as though there isn’t a pandemic.

The number of new cases has dropped significantly, back to where it was before there was a massive outbreak. I’m afraid that now cases are only going to start increasing again because people haven’t been careful. The two week lag seems to be really hard for people to understand. It takes two weeks for cases to develop. If you shut everything down today, you won’t know how effective that shut down is until two weeks have passed. So, they need to plan on keeping things closed for at least three weeks, so, they can see how effective the new policies are.

I really think China had the right idea for how to handle this. Close everything down until there are no new cases for weeks (like under penalty of prison time if you don’t follow the regulations). Then open it up. Otherwise, I’m afraid we’re all looking at a second wave....
01010111

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Frogtown

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby ognoy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:18 am

01010111 wrote:I really think China had the right idea for how to handle this.

Maybe except for the "let's not tell the rest of the world that we have a contagious and deadly virus on the loose"-part.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Dowi » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:47 am

Schlatte wrote:Not like the horror stories in the media that we get from italy. Dowi, is it actually that catastrophic? I mean it is just over the border from here, I just can't get it in my mind that there is such a big difference so close by, it is a really disturbing thought...



Well, I won't call it catastrophic, but it's surely critical, or at least it has been critical in our area. Luckily the restrictions have been effective and in the rest of Italy the new cases are fewer. It's a good example on how fast can a disease spread if proper measures are not taken promptly.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby 01010111 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:18 pm

ognoy wrote:
<a href="tel:01010111">01010111</a> wrote:I really think China had the right idea for how to handle this.

Maybe except for the "let's not tell the rest of the world that we have a contagious and deadly virus on the loose"-part.


Valid. Given the cultural significance of Lunar New Year and the timing of COVID19, I can understand why they did what they did initially. But it definitely wasn’t the right way to handle it when the outbreak started.
01010111

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4468
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Frogtown

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby echorec » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:14 pm

01010111 wrote:
ognoy wrote:
<a href="tel:01010111">01010111</a> wrote:I really think China had the right idea for how to handle this.

Maybe except for the "let's not tell the rest of the world that we have a contagious and deadly virus on the loose"-part.


Valid. Given the cultural significance of Lunar New Year and the timing of COVID19, I can understand why they did what they did initially. But it definitely wasn’t the right way to handle it when the outbreak started.


I'm fairly certain that downplaying the outbreak had a lot more to do with an authoritarian government trying not to look vulnerable on a global stage, more than it had to do with preserving the sanctity of dragon parades and firecrackers. Just my two cents. :idk:
echorec

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:31 am

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby themeanreds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Jwar wrote:It's weird because my brother was saying a lot of the hospitals are empty too, which doesn't make sense. I don't know what to fucking believe anymore. I know something is killing people. I don't know what to believe with regards to how we handle this. Italy is about to reopen which seems crazy based on what the news had been saying previously. I'm curious on the truth there as well.


https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... vid-influ/

Covid 19 is killing people. It’s killing many more people-and ruining many more
lives-thanks to utter failure on almost every front from where the buck is supposed to stop.
themeanreds

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby themeanreds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 pm

echorec wrote:
I'm fairly certain that downplaying the outbreak had a lot more to do with an authoritarian government trying not to look vulnerable on a global stage. . .


Man, does that ever sound familiar (though in these parts we can replace “global” with “domestic.”)
themeanreds

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: It's virus time, guyz. Welcome to Pandemic.

Postby Jwar » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 am

themeanreds wrote:
Jwar wrote:It's weird because my brother was saying a lot of the hospitals are empty too, which doesn't make sense. I don't know what to fucking believe anymore. I know something is killing people. I don't know what to believe with regards to how we handle this. Italy is about to reopen which seems crazy based on what the news had been saying previously. I'm curious on the truth there as well.


https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... vid-influ/

Covid 19 is killing people. It’s killing many more people-and ruining many more
lives-thanks to utter failure on almost every front from where the buck is supposed to stop.


Yea I know. I'm just hearing morons left and right scream about their freedoms being taken away. One is my brother, which is odd seeing as how we lost my uncle recently and it may have been from not social distancing. We don't know.


My Facebook is filled with people that have this delusion of how things have happened.

We were told in January of this virus however, we had information that told us this was coming for decades and it was ignored. Not only by Trump (though he has fucked this up big time), but by all of those fucking fucks in the White House for years. They knew something was going to happen but they would't listen to the science. Epidemiologist have been warning about this.


This is a HUGE issue right now though. With all the anti vax people now, how are we going to beat this? People keep talking about herd immunity and I have to say, it doesn't work unless those who are carriers get vaccinated to protect the elder, young....etc. Getting together in a big fucking group to get infected to stop this shit only adds to the death count. Yet people think that's the best route. Really? Then why are people dying you fucking morons??? It's not immunity, it's survival of the fittest. That's fucking Nazism and Communism rolled into one. Classism. YET! People think it's ok and are acting like their liberties are being stripped. FUCK YOU. GOD!


When this is over, I'm beating the shit out of so many people. I'm fucking done dude. I've been through too much to listen to fucking idiots who have zero science to back their idiotic delusions.


Anyway, hows' everyone doing? I'm not doing well!!! Does it show???
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

User avatar
Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: The edge of existence

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.