Do you guys think we live in the matrix or something like it

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Do you guys think we live in the matrix or something lik

Postby adamajah » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 pm

You should get Elon on the horn...

Wait.. what a weird coincidence that I saw that video last week and then your thread now... wtf is happening?!

And the whole Berenstein Bears thing.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Lurker13 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 pm

D.o.S. wrote:I am a firm believer in both synchronicity and the frequency illusion. :lol:

Yes and . . .
Sonaboy wrote:It's not what you think, it's just early stages of schizophrenia.

possibly yes.

Coincidences are not evidence of anything but coincidences. Try to stay firmly grounded in evidence-based reality.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:23 am

I just came here to say.. Whoa. And duuuuuude.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Achtane » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:43 am

Worst simulation ever.
If I'm in the Matrix, where's my orgasm cake slice?
If I'm in the real world, where's the sweaty gangbang rave cave?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DrMabuse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 am

repoman wrote:Thats pretty fucking weird though isn't it?
I guess I could start writing this weirdness down.

(The guitar player [who after I saw in a youtube vid got me to buy my first expensive guitar and start playing guitar again after a long hiatus] of the kitschy country band has it's own weird matrix shit around it in a way...I later learned this guitar player is actually Charles Bronson's son, and Charles Bronson lived about 15 minutes from me).

It gets weirder. If you're wearing a hat, take it off so it doesn't blow a hole in the ceiling when your mind explodes. I watched the first three Death Wish movies last month. Lawrence Fishburne was in Death Wish 2 as "Cutter." And in Death Wish 3, Alex Winter made his acting debut playing "Hermosa." The same Alex Winter who played "Bill" to Keanu Reeves' "Ted" in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. It's like a giant Morpheus loop! :wha?:

There is an element of coincidence here too though: Marina Sirtis from Star Trek was also in Death Wish 3, and this dude is watching me type.
:picard:
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:34 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Short answer: yes.

I feel like my path is laid before me with various levels of irony and cruelty quite frequently. And as the architect tells Neo, utopia didn't work because human nature needs suffering.

I've done a lot of acid which probably doesn't help, but I always feel like I catch it glitching...

So, uh, just out of curiosity, how much acid qualifies as "a lot of acid"?
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Well considering some people go bananas off one hit the first time and think they are a glass of orange juice the rest of their lives... I don't know.

I've probablu had over 100 tabs .. not all at once.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:00 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Well considering some people go bananas off one hit the first time and think they are a glass of orange juice the rest of their lives... I don't know.

I've probablu had over 100 tabs .. not all at once.

That sounds like a lot to me, but John Lennon told Jann Wenner in an interview for Rolling Stone that he had probably taken several thousand hits of acid. He said "I used to eat it like candy."
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Sonaboy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:02 pm

Lurker13 wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:It's not what you think, it's just early stages of schizophrenia.

possibly yes.

Coincidences are not evidence of anything but coincidences. Try to stay firmly grounded in evidence-based reality.

I wasn't making a serious diagnosis. I just said his brain is slowly turning against itself. No big deal.

But I would start with deleting all cookies, browsing caches, and search & surfing histories for a short term solution.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby coupleonapkins » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:40 am

repoman wrote:need some comesect2.0 wisdom to be dropped on this

NSFW: show
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:52 am

Never really got the "coincidences happen -> we must live in a simulation" line of thinking. Coincidences happen because we ourselves repeat patterns with a limited number of choices, no?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 am

Someone should, or shouldn't, read Nick Bostrom's simulation argument

https://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.pdf
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:01 am

Eivind August wrote:Never really got the "coincidences happen -> we must live in a simulation" line of thinking. Coincidences happen because we ourselves repeat patterns with a limited number of choices, no?

The computer is saving memory by doubling/tripling/etc components/programs/etc
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Snufkino » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:55 am

We're hardwired to find meaning in everything, it's clearly plays a big part in both our survival mechanisms and higher intelligence. We experience a coincidence, then another and another, and the first one was related to what we were thinking about at the time, but then our sense of awareness and curiosity ("Is this danger?") comes into play, but has no way of being resolved and so another part of the brain starts reeling off greater possibilities and the gateway to schizophrenia starts to open?

Having said that, I'm still kind of fascinated by the coincidences themselves. I wonder what the chances are that you're thinking of X and then X is soon mentioned or experiences in some way. Then take into account that it's a seemingly very common occurance you can see why people get carried away to want to find meaning. Also what's up with when you hear of twins living on opposite sides of the planet getting married, or doing some esoteric thing at the same time, or you're thinking about someone you've not thought about for ages and then they call? What's causing that thought in the first place, and why at that specific time? Where's Morpheus to explain all this shit when you need him?

Maybe he was there, but died and we're all fucked. Phone boxes have been disappearing over the last decade so there are less escape routes. Coincidence?
Snufkino

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Eivind August wrote:Never really got the "coincidences happen -> we must live in a simulation" line of thinking. Coincidences happen because we ourselves repeat patterns with a limited number of choices, no?

When I was like 11 my family drove from eastern Washington to the tip of Baja, and we were in a little beach town near Cabo and my PE teacher from school was on the beach.

This was the defining moment when I began to question reality. Simulation .. probably :idk:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion