Re: Fuck Christmas

Postby multi_s » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:34 pm

At least most ppl get the day off.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby multi_s » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:50 pm

A magic man impregnated a virgin and now you get the day off. Life could be much worse.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Bassist_Diver » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:40 am

plaidbeer wrote:Sorry you're having a rough time of it and I might feel the same way under those circumstances. I can't say that I can really relate to being in that situation.

I actually really did dislike it for a while when I working in retail. You get sapped of any holiday joy pretty damned quickly. Not religious myself but grew up in a churchgoing household, so Christmas was always a big deal growing up.

I wish that people could be this kind towards each other (generally speaking) and charitable towards the less fortunate year-round instead being that way for just a few weeks because "it's the holidays".

As I've matured, I like Christmas less for the whole gift-giving thing than the opportunity to see extended family that I don't get to see very often.

That’s my least favorite part. I keep my distance from those freaks and shitbags for many reasons, so having to deal with them is a huge test of patience.

But I survived, so now I have 365 days to prepare myself for next year’s “festivities.”
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DrMabuse » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:07 am

Joke’s on you Nihilist Arby’s, I don’t have any loved ones! Or do cats count?

Wife hasn’t explicitly said “you’ve ruined Christmas” but she’s implied it strongly enough. You’re not alone in feeling alone at Christmas. I got out the acoustic guitar I haven’t picked up in months and played some stuff for myself. The smell of that guitar is intoxicating. Way better than pumpkin spice!

If your family is toxic, don’t inhale. Cats don’t observe Christmas, every day is a happy love fest for them. Or a claw the human day. Maybe both, depending on the cat. Regardless, cats have never accused me of ruining Christmas.

Wish I had something better to offer up. At least you know where you stand with the people in your life…
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Postby dubkitty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:21 pm

cats definitely count. by far the highlight of the 4-day weekend, other than seeing Wet Tuna in Brooklyn, was when my cat curled up on the pillow next to my head.

i miss my mom--i think she's the only person who's ever really loved me--but i'm generally grateful that i no longer have to deal with my grossly dysfunctional family.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby calfzilla » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:16 pm

We love you dubkitteh
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:17 pm

:hug:

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby resincum » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:43 pm

multi_s wrote:A magic man impregnated a virgin and now you get the day off. Life could be much worse.

WE'RE LONELY!
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:49 pm

resincum wrote:
multi_s wrote:A magic man impregnated a virgin and now you get the day off. Life could be much worse.

WE'RE LONELY!

For whatever it's worth from an internet stranger, I'm sorry you're lonely. :hug: :group:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nad » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:29 pm

I dunno man I mean sure it's no Christmas Eve but the rest of the album is still pretty great. :joy:
Those whose nose knows the noes.
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:13 am

i was rather pleased with myself yesterday. over on the Gretsch Pages forum somebody started a thread for people to brag about their Christmas haul. after a few new Gretsches and Bigsbys i posted "like anybody cares about me enough to send me stuff <bitter LOL>" and shut those braggy motherfuckers down cold.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassist_Diver » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:26 pm

dubkitty wrote:i was rather pleased with myself yesterday. over on the Gretsch Pages forum somebody started a thread for people to brag about their Christmas haul. after a few new Gretsches and Bigsbys i posted "like anybody cares about me enough to send me stuff <bitter LOL>" and shut those braggy motherfuckers down cold.

People who brag about what they got tend to be insufferable. Look at the ILFSS thread - no bragging, just a bunch of legends expressing their gratitude and thankfulness over how generous and awesome all who participated were. Go over to any other music forum and it’s all narcissists trying to one-up each other over who dropped the most coin over the holidays. Fucking pathetic.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:27 pm

yup.

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DrMabuse » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 am

If your self-esteem is based on how expensive your toys are, and you're making your stand based on your guitar, amp, pedals, or synth, you're playing in the bush leagues. Talk to me after you've bought the Maserati that looks like a tricked out Ford Taurus!

Now if you're playing a '59 Les Paul in your Ratt tribute band, maybe that qualifies as Veblen goods...

I don't own a Maserati or a '59 Les Paul. I'm open to playing in a Ratt tribute band though. Anyone else up for it?
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Discussion