Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm

I think these threads are good every now and then if nothing else but to shake some of the chimps out the tree.. my only problem is that 98% of the time aens_wife says everything [and more] I would have or want to say so there isn't a point for me to post :idk:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:26 pm

I avoided this thread based on the title for my blood pressure and sanity, and to avoid throwing more garbage on the garbage fire I knew it would be.

Also I don't care about sigur ros but I assume that stopped being the point eventually. :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm

dubkitty wrote:i certainly didn't mean or expect that things would go like that. i just put it up because i thought it was newsworthy. i'm tired...can i go to the planet with no genders for a bit and rest?

Well it is news worthy for sure. It’s just that people like to fight instead of have a good conversation. It’s the nature of human beings, especially when the internet is involved.

For instance, some people feel entirely different about politics but if you voice you opinion here on ILF, you’ll be burned at the stake. Obviously this is not a political issue (at least not in my mind), but a human issue.

Since we’ve had so many threads with topics of similar nature, I can tell when shits going to pop off. This place has become quite predictable.

Rape is wrong and horrible. Defending it makes it seem like it’s not.

I think we can at least all agree on that.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby odontophobia » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Jwar wrote:
dubkitty wrote:i certainly didn't mean or expect that things would go like that. i just put it up because i thought it was newsworthy. i'm tired...can i go to the planet with no genders for a bit and rest?

Well it is news worthy for sure. It’s just that people like to fight instead of have a good conversation. It’s the nature of human beings, especially when the internet is involved.

For instance, some people feel entirely different about politics but if you voice you opinion here on ILF, you’ll be burned at the stake. Obviously this is not a political issue (at least not in my mind), but a human issue.

Since we’ve had so many threads with topics of similar nature, I can tell when shits going to pop off. This place has become quite predictable.

Rape is wrong and horrible. Defending it makes it seem like it’s not.

I think we can at least all agree on that.

echo chambers, and all that.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby repoman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem. You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Hahaha, well said, repoman.
Faldoe

Postby Achtane » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:28 pm

if he'd merely stated his points you'd have a point of your own. but he was aggressively obnoxious about it from the very start, and that's why he deserved to be 86ed. remember "there's only one rule: don't be an asshole"?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:55 pm

repoman wrote:Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem. You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.

On the other hand, "due process" doesn't exist outside of a courtroom.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:32 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
repoman wrote:Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem. You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.

On the other hand, "due process" doesn't exist outside of a courtroom.

Ding ding ding.

Also, that guy was an asshole, plain and simple.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Those of you who thought he was just arguing for due process can stay far, far away from me. I am not even joking a little bit. If you can't be honest about what he was defending, I want no part.

ETA: there is no expectation of due process for employment. So the drummer left his JOB over misconduct allegations. Kavanaugh was in a big important job interview too. You can fire someone (or not hire them) for lots of reasons and allegations like this is one of them.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Dude process. It’s the rule that no dude should have to bear any consequence, even have other people voluntarily dissociate, or have any remorse for anything he ever did. “Allegedly.” Because, dude, that’d be too involuntary, traumatic, and he didn’t consent to that.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm

repoman wrote:Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem.

Excuse me, but nobody else accused anyone of "virtue signaling", a term which only exists as ad hominem.

repoman wrote:You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.

And likewise, nobody misconstrued his point. We repeatedly addressed it by pointing out to him that due process doesn't apply outside a court room, and explained how dire the consequences of that mis-application can be. In response, he repeatedly reduced my point to "believe women even if they're lying" without actually listening to, or considering, the reasons. His thinking is really, really dangerous, and not just in a theoretical sense. Just advocating those opinions does the fucking damage. If he isn't willing to understand why, he really shouldn't be given a platform.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 pm

"dude process"...i am so stealing that.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:16 pm

dubkitty wrote:"dude process"...i am so stealing that.

I stole it, so I gotta endorse a re-steal.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion