Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm

I think these threads are good every now and then if nothing else but to shake some of the chimps out the tree.. my only problem is that 98% of the time aens_wife says everything [and more] I would have or want to say so there isn't a point for me to post :idk:
Mudfuzz

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 16650
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm
Location: The gloomy lands of the northwest

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:26 pm

I avoided this thread based on the title for my blood pressure and sanity, and to avoid throwing more garbage on the garbage fire I knew it would be.

Also I don't care about sigur ros but I assume that stopped being the point eventually. :lol:
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Jwar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm

dubkitty wrote:i certainly didn't mean or expect that things would go like that. i just put it up because i thought it was newsworthy. i'm tired...can i go to the planet with no genders for a bit and rest?


Well it is news worthy for sure. It’s just that people like to fight instead of have a good conversation. It’s the nature of human beings, especially when the internet is involved.

For instance, some people feel entirely different about politics but if you voice you opinion here on ILF, you’ll be burned at the stake. Obviously this is not a political issue (at least not in my mind), but a human issue.

Since we’ve had so many threads with topics of similar nature, I can tell when shits going to pop off. This place has become quite predictable.

Rape is wrong and horrible. Defending it makes it seem like it’s not.

I think we can at least all agree on that.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

User avatar
Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF
 
Posts: 17592
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby odontophobia » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Jwar wrote:
dubkitty wrote:i certainly didn't mean or expect that things would go like that. i just put it up because i thought it was newsworthy. i'm tired...can i go to the planet with no genders for a bit and rest?


Well it is news worthy for sure. It’s just that people like to fight instead of have a good conversation. It’s the nature of human beings, especially when the internet is involved.

For instance, some people feel entirely different about politics but if you voice you opinion here on ILF, you’ll be burned at the stake. Obviously this is not a political issue (at least not in my mind), but a human issue.

Since we’ve had so many threads with topics of similar nature, I can tell when shits going to pop off. This place has become quite predictable.

Rape is wrong and horrible. Defending it makes it seem like it’s not.

I think we can at least all agree on that.


echo chambers, and all that.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5404
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: grand rapids

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby repoman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem. You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.
repoman

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 pm
Location: Edge City

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Faldoe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Hahaha, well said, repoman.
Faldoe

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2077
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Achtane » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Image
Achtane

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 13698
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Location: under the manchineel

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby dubkitty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:28 pm

if he'd merely stated his points you'd have a point of your own. but he was aggressively obnoxious about it from the very start, and that's why he deserved to be 86ed. remember "there's only one rule: don't be an asshole"?
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"your joys are counterfeit
this happiness corrupt political shit"--Richey Edwards, 1991

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"-John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10977
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:55 pm

repoman wrote:Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem. You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.


On the other hand, "due process" doesn't exist outside of a courtroom.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28576
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby popvulture » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:32 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
repoman wrote:Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem. You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.


On the other hand, "due process" doesn't exist outside of a courtroom.

Ding ding ding.

Also, that guy was an asshole, plain and simple.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am
Location: Austin

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby aens_wife » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Those of you who thought he was just arguing for due process can stay far, far away from me. I am not even joking a little bit. If you can't be honest about what he was defending, I want no part.

ETA: there is no expectation of due process for employment. So the drummer left his JOB over misconduct allegations. Kavanaugh was in a big important job interview too. You can fire someone (or not hire them) for lots of reasons and allegations like this is one of them.
aens_wife

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm
Location: Eau Claire, WI

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Dude process. It’s the rule that no dude should have to bear any consequence, even have other people voluntarily dissociate, or have any remorse for anything he ever did. “Allegedly.” Because, dude, that’d be too involuntary, traumatic, and he didn’t consent to that.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm

repoman wrote:Nothing Puddysjacket said was something that should merit a ban. He was not the one resorting to ad hominem.


Excuse me, but nobody else accused anyone of "virtue signaling", a term which only exists as ad hominem.

repoman wrote:You all purposely misconstrued his point in order to get offended at his words. He is not defending rapists or sexual assaulters. He was simply stating the tenet of due process, and you banned him for that, because he's not in your little circle jerk.


And likewise, nobody misconstrued his point. We repeatedly addressed it by pointing out to him that due process doesn't apply outside a court room, and explained how dire the consequences of that mis-application can be. In response, he repeatedly reduced my point to "believe women even if they're lying" without actually listening to, or considering, the reasons. His thinking is really, really dangerous, and not just in a theoretical sense. Just advocating those opinions does the fucking damage. If he isn't willing to understand why, he really shouldn't be given a platform.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby dubkitty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 pm

"dude process"...i am so stealing that.
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"your joys are counterfeit
this happiness corrupt political shit"--Richey Edwards, 1991

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"-John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10977
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: Orri leaves Sigur Ros over sexual misconduct allegation

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:16 pm

dubkitty wrote:"dude process"...i am so stealing that.


I stole it, so I gotta endorse a re-steal.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3390
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:50 pm
Location: DC/MD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.