· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: What to drink to prepare for hollerin'

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 am

Too late to advise now but as good as whiskey is for calming your nerves, it dries the shit out of your throat. Not good before hollerin

Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:53 pm

Take a shot of Fernet and clear the whole system out.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Oooh. The restaurant I work at makes an awesome Old Fashioned with fernet muddled up with the sugar and orange and bitters. YUM.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:08 pm

I assume you know this, but all alcohol is bad for your voice, and ill-advised before screaming (same goes for caffeine, dairy, sugar, and cigarettes). Caffeine-free tea with honey and lemon is what you wanted, or--for a slightly less disgusting option--just gargle salt water.

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Next time I'll drink hot tea all day and then gargle salt water

My voice sounded really good actually, it just hurt afterwards

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 pm

neonblack wrote:Oooh. The restaurant I work at makes an awesome Old Fashioned with fernet muddled up with the sugar and orange and bitters. YUM.

Just for the record, if there's fernet in it, it's not an old fashioned. At all.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:08 am

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa should become standard in metal as it is for voice actors, just chug the stuff. 8D

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:08 am

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa should become standard in metal as it is for voice actors, just chug the stuff. 8D

Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:04 pm

I make a tea out out shredded ginger, lemon, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and honey.

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:18 pm

misterstomach wrote:
neonblack wrote:Oooh. The restaurant I work at makes an awesome Old Fashioned with fernet muddled up with the sugar and orange and bitters. YUM.

Just for the record, if there's fernet in it, it's not an old fashioned. At all.

thank you drink cop

Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:32 am

friendship wrote:
misterstomach wrote:

thank you drink cop

:lol: So many bars do their own twist on things and you gotta give people an idea where you're starting from. "Old Fashioned with this added ingredient" doesn't seem THAT misleading on what an Old Fashioned is.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:09 pm

I don't think I understood you guys meaning of soy until I read this page.

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:38 pm

BetterOffShred wrote::hug:
Turkey 101 next time Breh.

101 is always a good answer

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:21 pm

friendship wrote:
misterstomach wrote:

thank you drink cop

Your welcome. I'm here to help.
Post a reply