Swedish people, help me buy stuff!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Swedish people, help me buy stuff!

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:50 pm

I'm going to be in Stockholm about the 16-19th. Since Sweden is so much cheaper than Norway (and Stockholm larger than my city), I wanna score some pedals whilst over there. Could someone point me in the right direction? Are there any cheap stores or second-hand stores I should check out? Is there some website I could use? I've heard about blocket.se -- can I register there as a Norwegian? Anyone on here wanna sell me some pedals? I wanna get pedals in a reasonably safe way, without getting ripped off...
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Re: Swedish people, help me buy stuff!

Postby goroth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:33 am

Vend.se

Go to These Go To 11 in Stockholm.

What pedals are you after?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:30 am

-BOSS FS-5L
-BOSS FV-500H
-BOSS PS 2 or 3 (or even 5 or 6, if I can't ever find 2 or 3)
-BOSS TU 2 or 3
-BOSS RV-6 (or 5)
-MXR Carbon Copy Bright (or Deluxe)
-Electro Harmonix MEL-9

Only saw one of them on vend.se, but not in Stockholm. [EDIT: Emailed them regardless -- it was recently sold, so I was too late.)

I'll check out These Go To 11 as well. But if 4Sound are cheaper, I'll probably prefer them. I have 4Sound locally, so I can get service here. As far as I can tell, the 4Sound prices are identical in Sweden and Norway, except NOK is more expensive than SEK, so I'll save some if I buy one of the more expensive ones in Sweden.
Last edited by VREEEEVROOOOOW on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:33 am

If you're looking for pedals from builders that are as easily available as BOSS, MXR and EHX you will probably be better off just buying used on reverb/eBay and asking them to put sub $40 on the INVOICE papers so you don't have to pay the 25% import tax. Actually, that goes for all pedals except anything demoed by Knobs.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:43 am

I've found that when you add shipping, I'm usually better off just buying stuff brand new, locally, except for the two last ones, which are quite expensive new. So I'm playing the patient game, and waiting for stuff to be listed locally. And whenever I travel, I try to look for second-hand wherever I'm going. If I can get an RV-6 at 2/5ths the price and not pay shipping, that's worth it. But with shipping, it usually comes out to almost the full price anyway. And in Sweden stuff is a tiny bit cheaper than Norway as well.

By the way, the PS-2/PS-3s aren't easy to come by at all, in my experience. So maybe I should pay attention to reverb & ebay for that one.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Return to General Discussion