Rumors of my death, etc

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Rumors of my death, etc

Postby Adamadamadam » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:01 pm

So TL;DR I was out of work for two years because nobody knows what to do with me, and with it all the attendent problems: angry banks, reposession, near-foreclosure, hocking gear, severe depression, ideation, etc. I realize communities like this are supportive and blah blah but I've never claimed my coping mechanisms are healthy. Not looking for a pity-party.

Anyway, In the past few months I sold my house, moved 2,000 miles for a job that pays decently, gotten out of a relationship that wasn't great for either of us, started climbing again, and am generally on the up-and-up. It's been a lot in not much time, but overall things are good in a way they haven't been in too long. I don't have a workshop (i.e. basement) anymore and I had to leave my power tools with the 'rents, so future projects will be less ambitious in that way, but my soldering iron's still hot. Currently on the bench: a block and bound Jaguar build, and a true stereo power-amp head based heavily on the early Model T (which itself was basically a Fender preamp into a Dynaco kit).

I've got a few finished projects to post that I think you guys will like, and look forward to once again dispensing questionable advice related to lethal voltages.

If any of you duderz are roughly in the eastern NM area drop me a line: I'm looking for reasons to explore the southwest. And if you need a belay definitely do. I'm still rebuilding my strength and I had to sell all my pro, but against all odds this podunk little town has a gym and I'm diving right in.

So in summary, I missed you guys. My sincere thanks to anyone who noticed I stopped posting, and no hard feelings towards anyone who didn't. Glad to be back.
Adamadamadam

committed
committed

Re: Rumors of my death, etc

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Goddam Clone High back in tha House! Raise the roof. Raise it
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Don't know you but sending support, glad you have been able to deal with things (ideation isn't fun! much love).

Hit up Santa Fe when you can. It's a rad town.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby Adamadamadam » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:51 pm

ummohyeah wrote:Don't know you but sending support, glad you have been able to deal with things (ideation isn't fun! much love).

Hit up Santa Fe when you can. It's a rad town.

Much thanks. I wasn't super-active, but I was around-ish. I haven't hit up Santa Fe yet, but I've got plans to swing through the weekend of the 17th.
Adamadamadam

committed
committed

Return to General Discussion