Godzilla

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Godzilla

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Nothing to see here, just hype for Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Rumor has it there will be a trailer dropped at SDCC this year. Hope thats the case. :!!!:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Godzilla

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Doesn't matter how good or bad it is if it is a Godzilla movie I will must watch it..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby lost in music » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Thought this was going to be about Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle, which will be on Netflix in two days or so.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Another American Godzilla?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Yes, they are sneaking it in before the Godzilla VS Kong movie they are trying to remake... I'm sure it will be meh but so was the last one Japan did..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:Yes, they are sneaking it in before the Godzilla VS Kong movie they are trying to remake... I'm sure it will be meh but so was the last one Japan did..

that american ambassador lady was such a weird character. Like, when they put foreign language lines in english-language films, are they mangled as badly as that character's english lines? :?: very strange film. the very ending was cool and nuts tho.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Agreed.
To me they tried too hard to get too many political concepts going: godzilla as a metaphor for fukushima, Us interference, a pro Abe [i.e. the need for a decider type leader], rebooting godzilla, a new take on the creature etc..
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Sonaboy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm

I don't really get the hate for the 2014 Godzilla movie. It was perfectly serviceable and even though there were some cringy moments and some dumb dialog - what giant monster movie doesn't have that?
It had scope, it had clear objectives, it had an interesting take on how the humans dealt with him/kept him under wraps, it had an interesting take on how governments "solve problems" and is often its own worst enemy, it had seamless effects and more.
It had a TRUCKLOAD of money shots.

People expect too much based on cloudy nostaglia.
Last edited by Sonaboy on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Sonaboy wrote:I don't really get the hate for the last Godzilla movie. It was perfectly serviceable and even though there were some cringy moments and some dumb dialog - what giant monster movie doesn't have that?
It had scope, it had clear objectives, it had an interesting take on how the humans dealt with him/kept him under wraps, it had an interesting take on how governments "solve problems" and is often its own worst enemy, it had seamless effects and more.
It had a TRUCKLOAD of money shots.

Shin godzilla [2016] or godzilla [2014]?

Sonaboy wrote:People expect too much based on cloudy nostaglia.

Wrong. What sets Godzilla apart is the core cannon which is Godzilla is a metaphor/symbolism of man's misunderstanding of the consequences and misuse of atomic technology: Godzilla represents the big green monster to stomps us into oblivion caused by our own arrogance. All godzilla movies that do this are good, all the ones that don't are just monster movies which are enjoyable in their own right, so technically there are no bad godzilla movies but some are better than others.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Sonaboy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:Wrong. What sets Godzilla apart is the core cannon which is Godzilla is a metaphor/symbolism of man's misunderstanding of the consequences and misuse of atomic technology: Godzilla represents the big green monster to stomps us into oblivion caused by our own arrogance. All godzilla movies that do this are good, all the ones that don't are just monster movies which are enjoyable in their own right,

Fair enough - and I was pretty sure everyone understands that there were "serious" Godzilla movies, and then just "happy" Godzilla movies. Most of the serious ones got all that right.

so technically there are no bad godzilla movies but some are better than others.

Uhhhh, NOT going to agree there.
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby RubenTheDev » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:Wrong. What sets Godzilla apart is the core cannon which is Godzilla is a metaphor/symbolism of man's misunderstanding of the consequences and misuse of atomic technology: Godzilla represents the big green monster to stomps us into oblivion caused by our own arrogance. All godzilla movies that do this are good, all the ones that don't are just monster movies which are enjoyable in their own right, so technically there are no bad godzilla movies but some are better than others.

might I ask what your opinion is of Godzilla in the context of King Ghidora?

Though I wouldn't disagree with your opinion on a lot of the Godzilla-as-a-bad-dude movies, I'm really interested in how you'd view daBigG-as-a-good-guy movies.
yarn is the better option because of the kitty icon, npm can't compare.
RubenTheDev

interested
interested

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm

RubenTheDev wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:Wrong. What sets Godzilla apart is the core cannon which is Godzilla is a metaphor/symbolism of man's misunderstanding of the consequences and misuse of atomic technology: Godzilla represents the big green monster to stomps us into oblivion caused by our own arrogance. All godzilla movies that do this are good, all the ones that don't are just monster movies which are enjoyable in their own right, so technically there are no bad godzilla movies but some are better than others.

might I ask what your opinion is of Godzilla in the context of King Ghidora?

Though I wouldn't disagree with your opinion on a lot of the Godzilla-as-a-bad-dude movies, I'm really interested in how you'd view daBigG-as-a-good-guy movies.

Ah but if you think about it is he/she/it really ever a bad guy? are you seen as a bad guy if you stomp on a ant hill? even if you didn't mean to? The ants might think so, they might write stories about the huge evil nike that crushed their city, killing their children, wreaking their favorite fast-food joint.. You were just walking across your yard.. they were just in the way, you stepped on the anthill. and then they got out their military and they BIT YOU! so you stomped harder! and got out the ant spray.. That's really all Godzilla does in the "is bad guy ones"

You also have to think on the concept from the original movie and the name origin Gojira which is talked about as folklore which could hint into traditional Japanese "monsters" or gods which are not good or evil bot forces or nature.. sometimes they are helpful sometimes they SMASH :lol:

Then you have pop culture where lets face it Godzilla is an awesome badass monster, badass monsters are seen as cool! look at our classic monsters like vampires and werwolves and frankenstein, at first they were horror movies but now they are cartoons and breakfast cereals.. This where the caractor of the thing outshines they actual origin story, it happens all the times..

and finally just look at this

Even Cthulhu is safe :thumb:

so :!!!:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:Yes, they are sneaking it in before the Godzilla VS Kong movie they are trying to remake... I'm sure it will be meh but so was the last one Japan did..

that american ambassador lady was such a weird character. Like, when they put foreign language lines in english-language films, are they mangled as badly as that character's english lines? :?: very strange film. the very ending was cool and nuts tho.

Yea the ambassador lady was a weird addition. Didn't really bug me much cause everything else about the movie was entertaining for me. Plus Godzilla himself was fucking crazy.
lost in music wrote:Thought this was going to be about Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle, which will be on Netflix in two days or so.

Oh yea, forgot that was happening. I mean, the first installment was kind a boring so hopefully this one will be less boring. The third one will supposedly have King Ghidorah in it tho so it might be worth it at least.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sonaboy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Hmmm...alright. Let's get it on.

Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Full mast like a pirate ship lets gooooo

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Discussion