· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General discussion at the Wang Bar.
Topic locked

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Luckily I am about as emotionally invested in football as I am in Steel Panther

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Who's the Croatian version of Steel Panther? :snax:

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

aens_wife wrote:Man. I just wrote a long response to a bunch of shit in this thread...and promptly deleted it.

Thanks for reminding women where a lot of you stand on these subjects, guys.


I wish I could hear it, but I get it.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 pm

lost in music wrote:Anyway, this oughta satisfy your angle grinder needs.

Image


:love:


Mudfuzz wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Also, the tools you mention are utilitarian. Guitar pedals really aren't. :idk:

I don't agree. The only time I have ever cared about what a pedal looked like is when I was having a custom one built and the builder asked what I wanted on it... To me they are tools to do stuff I want to do...


I actually agree with you for the most part (because, of course, they are), but guitar pedals aren't utilitarian in the same way as a power tool or a paint brush. :idk:

I would say the ratio of utilitarian to decoration is 1:1. :snax:

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Image

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:54 am

Chankgeez wrote:
lost in music wrote:Anyway, this oughta satisfy your angle grinder needs.

Image


:love:


Mudfuzz wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Also, the tools you mention are utilitarian. Guitar pedals really aren't. :idk:

I don't agree. The only time I have ever cared about what a pedal looked like is when I was having a custom one built and the builder asked what I wanted on it... To me they are tools to do stuff I want to do...


I actually agree with you for the most part (because, of course, they are), but guitar pedals aren't utilitarian in the same way as a power tool or a paint brush. :idk:

I would say the ratio of utilitarian to decoration is 1:1. :snax:

Without tools it's a board, without brushes its canvas, without fuzz it's clean tonez.. It's all up to you to make it into something and make the things work for or against you.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:06 am

I went back to this thread to see how it was doing and saw mrs aen hint that we were doing pretty poorly.
Started reading from where I left my cock freezer™ and managed to scroll until this post.

I super agree with it, so I’m quoting it. Reverse trainwreck to you too, friend.

misterstomach wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:If you have to explain your parody band is a parody you are not nearly as clever as you think you are.


Ghost Hip wrote:As for the band, I'm not familiar with who the fans are, but generally if the people you are making fun of are enjoying and agreeing with your satire, its probably not good satire. Satire should make those it is criticizing uncomfortable. I just imagine teenage boys listening to this shit and internalizing the message of women being disposable pieces of ass.


I think these are two pretty important points. There's a big difference between good satire and just embracing a total douchebag lifestyle and then defending yourself by asking why no one can take a joke. These dudes are no spinal tap.

I obviously don't know a ton about the band and I don't know the dudes personally, but for reference, I did accidentally end up at an after party for a steel panther show with the band present. Dudes seemed 100% 'bout that life as far as I could tell. It was indistinguishable from being around any countless other douchebag dudes. I get that it's supposed to be funny, but the defense that it's satire just doesn't really hold water. Satire is usually making a point and I have a hard time believing these guys have one.

i'm not offended really. But I think it's fucking stupid. And I don't think it's funny. As for the band, I think they're just idiots, but TC really should have known better and I have no idea what they could have been thinking.

I'm all for free speech, but it's a two way street. Calling someone out for behavior that you find reprehensible isn't censorship.

It's a rare thing on the internet to see a conversation start to get heated and then evolve to a less heated civil discussion. Really nice to see here, and sort of a relief in a way, so good job, everyone. a reverse train wreck of sorts.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 am

the thing i find striking about all this, ESPECIALLY in the TGP thread, is just how ready a whole lot of men are to mansplain to women what they can be offended by. seems kinda presumptuous to me.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am

Now what am I gonna call my feline filet grilled cheese sandwiches?

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:55 am

actual wrote:
rustywire wrote:
rustywire wrote: :whateva:

This was my quick reply re: op
Here is the official POST A REPLY:
NSFW: show
:whateva: :whoa: :|: :whateva:
actual wrote:Go play some fucking guitar u fuckwits.


Honestly, if some dude called himself a pussy melter or referred to his guitar playing as pussy melting, most girls I know would laugh in his face and think that he wasn't shit, then go about their day.
Also achtane and a few other dudes said were right within the first ten posts of this thread, shit is dumb and TC are dumb. The following seven pages went somewhere along the lines of rabble rabble rabble.


Yeah I don't like to speak for others, but 'most girls' I know and associate with would side-eye this goofball shit like 'most people' who I know. Weird, right? Laughter would likely be involved, that egobruiser type. The cornball(s) responsible prob get roasted, along with interlopers who try riding the secondhand wave ripples of outrage. It's almost like there may be no correct response, but there is an incorrect one: reactionary pitchforks & torches.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:11 am

dubkitty wrote:the thing i find striking about all this, ESPECIALLY in the TGP thread, is just how ready a whole lot of men are to mansplain to women what they can be offended by. seems kinda presumptuous to me.


Dubs, isn't the inverse also true though? Who is anyone to to tell anyone else that they should be offended? My girlfriend is not offended by this, she thinks people who are offended by it are ridiculous. So, are you or any of the guys here, or women here, or around the world going to explain to her why she should be offended? Why does your opinion matter more than hers?

In summary, i am not advocating for people to be offended or not be offended. But rather that everyone stop jamming their own values down other peoples throats 24 hours a day.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 am

rustywire wrote:
Yeah I don't like to speak for others, but 'most girls' I know and associate with would side-eye this goofball shit like 'most people' who I know. Weird, right? Laughter would likely be involved, that egobruiser type. The cornball(s) responsible prob get roasted, along with interlopers who try riding the secondhand wave ripples of outrage. It's almost like there may be no correct response, but there is an incorrect one: reactionary pitchforks & torches.


Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Now what am I gonna call my feline filet grilled cheese sandwiches?

Underrated post.


Also this:
Ugly Nora wrote:Dubs, isn't the inverse also true though? Who is anyone to to tell anyone else that they should be offended? My girlfriend is not offended by this, she thinks people who are offended by it are ridiculous. So, are you or any of the guys here, or women here, or around the world going to explain to her why she should be offended? Why does your opinion matter more than hers?

In summary, i am not advocating for people to be offended or not be offended. But rather that everyone stop jamming their own values down other peoples throats 24 hours a day.

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 am

Image

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 am

I am probably going to regret saying anything BUT

IT ISN"T ABOUT THE FUCKING JOKE. I like dirty jokes. A lot. But I don't make them everywhere, with all people, right? I edit myself for my audience (as almost all of us do) because I don't need to make people around me uncomfortable.

So when a company makes a "joke" like this with a product, what they are saying is that they don't give a fuck who is uncomfortable with said joke. That generally shakes out to them not caring about women's thoughts on this stuff. Sure, some women don't care. But everyone knows that *some* women do care. A lot. By making these jokes, companies are telling women that they do not prioritize them as customers - that they want the men who will laugh at that joke more than they want the women who will not.

Again, I am not a prude and if someone made this joke in person to me, I would likely laugh. But I don't appreciate this kind of marketing which is KNOWN to alienate women and attract certain types of dudes. This isn't rocket science or some kind of conspiracy to end all sex jokes, guys. It's pretty basic and lines up directly with how lots of dudes treat me (and other women I know) in this industry.
Topic locked