Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Jwar wrote:
Faldoe wrote:I think that is a good point about the male and bro centered world of pedals - in this instance.

I think while we are at it, we should also focus on other pedals that have problematic names - sexual or otherwise.

BBE Two-Timer

EQD Warden - kind of insensitive to the incarcerated. Especially with how many people are incarcerated today.

Line 6 DL-4 - I think the name speaks for itself.

Whut.

Insensitive to the incarcerated? LOL!!! If they are incarcerated because they committed a crime that they deserve to be there for, how in the heck is that insensitive? I mean, come on now. That's reaching a tad.

Also, have zero clue what DL-4 means and I don't understand why Two Timer is a bad name.

I'm more offended by the JHS Bonsai pedal because a Tubescreamer doesn't bring me any kind of peace and that's what I think of when I think of a Bonsai tree.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Jwar wrote:

Insensitive to the incarcerated? LOL!!! If they are incarcerated because they committed a crime that they deserve to be there for, how in the heck is that insensitive? I mean, come on now. That's reaching a tad.

What about people who're wrongly imprisoned? :erm: :eek: :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Hard to tell who is being serious about what these days. People get stuff that doesn't make sense to me all the time. So, I cannot determine intent from words written on a forum, just like I hate text messaging. Thanks for pointing that out JR.

Chank, I do have a heart for that stuff even though I know you're not being completely serious.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 pm

:hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Jwar wrote:...and I don't understand why Two Timer is a bad name.

I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 am

I think we also need to be able to take a step back and realize the Metasonix iCunt is something beyond criticism.

Faldoe

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:37 am

NSFW: show

are you fucking serious how DARE you take a majestic creature from the oceans to fulfill your needs
glad to hear his brother followed these punks and ate their brains
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 am

Metasonix is beyond tasteless :barf: (thanks for reminding me about them btw :whateva: )
and I hesitate to even comment on them, because I'm sure they get a nice laugh every time they read someone's disgust.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:59 am

So tacky. Part of me still wants a Metasonix drum machine but I'd rather be more effective with that money...as none of the stuff is cheap. Just tacky.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:22 pm

I have to admit I didn't take time to check out this band or toneprint but... on paper this band sounds like scum and thus makes TC scummy and I love y'all but I'd be embarrassed if I was defending them.

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/why-i-fo ... al_twitter

As if the name of the preset didn’t broadcast its intended audience, the description on TC Electronic’s website left nothing to the imagination:

Wanna make a physical impact on your audiences, with an epic delay tone? Then Satchel’s got you covered! When we met up with Steel Panther’s oh-so-humble guitarist, he had only one condition: that the tone be as wet as the ladies on the front row! With “Pussy Melter” that’s exactly what you get: a delay tone, which perfectly nails that heavy metal lead tone, whilst simultaneously ensuring that the janitor ain’t going home early! So if glam rock guitar solos and wet floor signs are your idea of a good time, then “Pussy Melter” for Flashback Delay is definitely the TonePrint for you!

The funny thing is, Steel Panther doesn’t necessarily think of itself as a parody act. “The label of being a parody band is not something we put on ourselves,” lead singer Michael Starr told L.A. Weekly two years ago, adding that the guys “just truly sing about shit that makes us laugh.” Oftentimes this means taking cheap shots at women and minorities. Sample lyrics from their song “Asian Hooker”: “Find a geisha girl/Take her for a whirl/Wrap a tuna roll on my dick/And the bitch is on her knees/Sucky fucky/Sucky fucky/Sucky fucky/Smells like sushi.”
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Faldoe » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Ehh, now it's kind of funny.
Faldoe

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:I have to admit I didn't take time to check out this band or toneprint but... on paper this band sounds like scum and thus makes TC scummy and I love y'all but I'd be embarrassed if I was defending them.

Agreed. Funny how that works...although it also sounds like she's the kind of person you 'forget' to invite when there's a party or anything fun planned.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Faldoe wrote:Ehh, now it's kind of funny.

Also agreed, but ironically funny for being unironically absurd and way too serious.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:00 pm

rustywire wrote:
Ghost Hip wrote:I have to admit I didn't take time to check out this band or toneprint but... on paper this band sounds like scum and thus makes TC scummy and I love y'all but I'd be embarrassed if I was defending them.

Agreed. Funny how that works...although it also sounds like she's the kind of person you 'forget' to invite when there's a party or anything fun planned.

Nah. Everyone who isn't a sexist shitbag would probably find her to be a joy to be around. If you are a creep, though, you think anyone who calls you are your shit is no fun.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion