Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Postby lost in music » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:38 am

bennroe wrote:Nobody gives a fuck about how the toneprint sounds

I've been saying this for years.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 am

Someone might have said this already but this thread is too dumb for me to wade back through however much contrarian/edgelord nonsense has built up over 14 pages...

If you are offended by (eg) the pedal called "Big Muff" (which is like cheeky double-entendre, "oh, really it refers to those big FUZZY things you put your hands in when it's cold"), you don't buy one. If you want the sound anyway, you buy a clone which is probably better and more reliable than anything EHX ever knocked out or build one yourself. However, if you've bought whatever TC toneprint pedal, then they say "hey we're attaching that thing you already paid us for to a shitty band with a shitty message that you may or may not want to associate with"... well, it's a bit more complicated than "just don't buy it in the first place"
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:53 pm

_themissingshade_ wrote:
repoman wrote:Outrage is peoples hobby these days.
Its never rooted in anything virtuous to be offended by shit like this.
It's rooted in control, people that would spend the time to get this pedal changed do not care about any sort of problems it would potentially cause (they make those up anyways), its about the ability to control other people because businesses cave all the time in this day and age from outside pressure with the internet and all. Now they get to masturbate their ego a bit from having a tiny, tiny part of impacting something greater than themselves. Getting a guitar pedal with a dumb name changed. So brave.
The sorts of people that pursue these courses of action are deeply perverse and hollow.

Translation: "I don't like that other people are offended by things that don't offend me because despite their fair and rational reasons, I would prefer them not to challenge the status quo which I have unconsciously enjoyed the benefits of; also, I miss the days when fewer people were held accountable for their insensitivity and acts of blatant disrespect because that disrespect has rarely been directed at me and now I feel personally attacked for wanting a double standard of free speech."

I think Repoman has a point, however I don't think his response is totally nuanced and perfect and thus I think one could get the impression what his words translate to is something similar to what you wrote, which has it's merits.

However you're statement is also very presumptive about Repoman's views and his motivations. Especially the "I miss the days when..." This is really making a big assumption that you know what he is thinking - or what I'm thinking - that you know people's motivations.

People that are critical of outrage culture and of the virtue signalling do have a point. It doesn't mean whenever someone accuses someone of virtue signaling that the accuser is on point and justified in their accusation. They could be using such an accusation as means to shut down a valid criticism but in not having a valid rebuttal, they choose to label someone of virtue signaling.
Faldoe

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Have you ever considered that this is just basic armchair semiotics used to subtly invalidate opinions you (general you, not specific) don't like?

To use an example: "virtue signalling" is used for precisely the same effect as people used "poseur" when people still cared about the prerequisite albums in other people's record collections. It imposes an unfounded and extrapolated judgement on motivation... which is exactly what you're trying to shine a light on.

That light is best served when applied equally.

So, which seems more or less likely to stand up to scrutiny -- "I am upset." Or "you can't possibly be honestly upset about that, you clearly have an ulterior motive" ?

:hello:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:04 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Have you ever considered that this is just basic armchair semiotics used to subtly invalidate opinions you (general you, not specific) don't like?

To use an example: "virtue signalling" is used for precisely the same effect as people used "poseur" when people still cared about the prerequisite albums in other people's record collections. It imposes an unfounded and extrapolated judgement on motivation... which is exactly what you're trying to shine a light on.

That light is best served when applied equally.

So, which seems more or less likely to stand up to scrutiny -- "I am upset." Or "you can't possibly be honestly upset about that, you clearly have an ulterior motive" ?

:hello:

What is the "this" you are referring to?

Like so much of what is happening these days people don't often listen to the multiple perspectives or act in a charitable manner to not dismiss the truths to a person's point at the expense of the points where they are either wrong or didn't quiet articulate their argument as well as they could have - or maybe just can't.

Did you not read what I just said regarding virtue signaling?

I think it is a term that points at something real and that is an issue BUT at the same time people can also misuse it as a rhetorical device. I just said that - though not using the rhetorical device term. Maybe I should have and it would have made my point clearer. If someone is going to say "that's virtue signaling, what you're doing there," they need to be able to also argue how that is the case, not just expect the accusation to be the argument. That seems to be the issue with calling someone a "poser" is that when someone calls another that, they don't try and explain how or why that's the case - though not sure if it could since the poser arena is in the subjective - they just expect the accusation in and of itself to do the damage/provide the justification.

I think I get what you're saying though with using the poser example because the poser term - as I mentioned above - is a subjective kind of thing and can't really be argued or proved. I think you could say the same thing about virtue signaling in if you call someone out on that aren't you just making an assumption about their motives? That CAN be the case but I think you can demonstrate more concretely being examining whether the person being called a virtue signaler is actually making an logical points versus just saying something is offensive or it's problematic and not really articulating how or why.
Faldoe

Postby aens_wife » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 pm

The term virtue signaling makes me want to barf.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:58 pm

blah fucking blah fucking blah
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Faldoe wrote:However you're statement is also very presumptive about Repoman's views and his motivations. Especially the "I miss the days when..." This is really making a big assumption that you know what he is thinking - or what I'm thinking - that you know people's motivations.

Repoman's statement is presumptive and judgmental about the views and motivations of millions upon millions of people. You can't expect too many fucks to be given about his opinion being met with the same irreverence.

The rest of your point, I'm afraid, is lost on me. I see a lot of code-words invented to belittle people for attempting to effect social progress, but if you're trying to convey a greater message I'm just not getting it.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:21 pm

bennroe wrote: attempting to effect social progress, but if you're trying to convey a greater message I'm just not getting it.

yeah pussy, its called fuck it.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Edgy...
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm

right, the climate is horrid. Only a pussy should have teeth.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:33 pm

So, because you say "fuck it," we should stop all progress? Or should we stop what we are doing because you called someone a pussy? I don't get it.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:48 pm

This is progress?.....that's a long road honey.
We'll all have our day in the sun.
Does anyone belive in love anymore?
Some parents know their kids a nazi pervert rasist homo wacko whatever but still would feed them and hope for the best opening their home if needed despite views.
Open the windows everyone and scream I hate you all but we are all in this together!!TOGETHER WE'LL GO FURTHER!TOGETHER! but then there is a time under the sun to separate...where are we now?
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 pm

what
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 am

I love you, even tho your profile pic doesn't match your opinions nogod.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion