Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Are we angry about this? - TC TonePrint Complaints

Postby infamousalien » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:53 pm

cherler wrote:You can't see the difference between naming a beer dick smasher and this add? There's a pretty huge difference, besides which genitalia are referenced.

Is everyone here going to twist my words? I can see a difference in that. I get the difference. I'm not denying that. The "Dick Smasher" was in reference to if Trump supporters would be offended by a preset called "cock chopper." My whole point was sometimes a bad joke is just a bad joke and there is not some sinister misogynist nazi conspiracy about everything. You don't need to go hunting for sexism because there is a lot of actual sexism occurring in everyday life all around.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Agreed, :thumb:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:56 pm

infamousalien wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:No one cares if you think it's funny or aren't offended. That's not the point.
The opinions of a bunch of unaffected dudes on message boards don't really matter, mine included.

Oh right the opinions of men aren't valid anymore. This kind of thinking is exactly what got Trump elected, you know that right? So keep running with it and see where it gets you. I'm about to quit being a liberal and move to the republican party myself and I live in a "battleground" state.

What in the fuck?

Sorry your opinions about pussy jokes are irrelevant, go vote GOP or whatever because of that I guess.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
infamousalien wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:No one cares if you think it's funny or aren't offended. That's not the point.
The opinions of a bunch of unaffected dudes on message boards don't really matter, mine included.

Oh right the opinions of men aren't valid anymore. This kind of thinking is exactly what got Trump elected, you know that right? So keep running with it and see where it gets you. I'm about to quit being a liberal and move to the republican party myself and I live in a "battleground" state.

What in the fuck?

Sorry your opinions about pussy jokes are irrelevant, go vote GOP or whatever because of that I guess.

See the thing is they're not irrelevant because I am a tax payer and I vote.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:04 pm

infamousalien wrote:My whole point was sometimes a bad joke is just a bad joke and there is not some sinister misogynist nazi conspiracy about everything. You don't need to go hunting for sexism because there is a lot of actual sexism occurring in everyday life all around.

All true.

But why get riled up about others being upset by it?* Why not acknowledge that some women are mad, and it's ok for them to be mad?

*In general, not specific to you or anyone else in this thread or others threads.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:05 pm

infamousalien wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
infamousalien wrote:

What in the fuck?

See the thing is they're not irrelevant because I am a tax payer and I vote.

I'm not trying to be obtuse or argumentative now, but I simply don't see the connection there.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
infamousalien wrote:My whole point was sometimes a bad joke is just a bad joke and there is not some sinister misogynist nazi conspiracy about everything. You don't need to go hunting for sexism because there is a lot of actual sexism occurring in everyday life all around.

All true.

But why get riled up about others being upset by it?* Why not acknowledge that some women are mad, and it's ok for them to be mad?

*In general, not specific to you or anyone else in this thread or others threads.

I acknowledge some women are mad and they can have whatever opinion they want. I got riled up because I felt like I was being labeled a nazi and a misogynist which couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm not trying to be obtuse or argumentative now, but I simply don't see the connection there.[/quote]

I vote so who I vote for shapes policy in this state and country. I vote for politicians who share my opinions. Therefore my opinions matter. Maybe not to you. Maybe not to most people on ILF but they do.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:22 pm

infamousalien wrote:
friendship wrote:You give bad faith reddit debate club shitheads exactly the name they've earned. Go fuck yourself.

Also I'm not a liberal.

Wow. Resorting to name calling is very helpful and mature. Thanks for the intelligent discourse. I've never even been on reddit.

Jeez, I remember when people used to be able to take a joke on this forum. Remember fun?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:34 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
infamousalien wrote:It's fackin' comin' 'ome lads

IT'S COMING HOME

IT'S COMING HOME

FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME

croatia, home of soccer baby. XOXOXOXOXO
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby infamousalien » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:37 pm

friendship wrote:
infamousalien wrote:
friendship wrote:You give bad faith reddit debate club shitheads exactly the name they've earned. Go fuck yourself.

Also I'm not a liberal.

Wow. Resorting to name calling is very helpful and mature. Thanks for the intelligent discourse. I've never even been on reddit.

Jeez, I remember when people used to be able to take a joke on this forum. Remember fun?

I can take a joke and I definitely remember fun. I don't know where all your hostility is coming from. I was hoping for a discussion and I got mostly name calling. I honestly see where people are coming from more now after a few people gave me intelligent well thought out answers. That's all I wanted.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:37 pm

infamousalien wrote:
I vote so who I vote for shapes policy in this state and country. I vote for politicians who share my opinions. Therefore my opinions matter. Maybe not to you. Maybe not to most people on ILF but they do.

Ok, I get that. And, personally, your opinion matters. That's what fosters conversation and keeps discussions going.

But when it comes to things like this, where one gender has a very different experience than another, I just wonder if my male opinion is even relevant. I'm inclined to say it's not in this case.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby infamousalien » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:42 pm

nogodsnobedtimes wrote:But when it comes to things like this, where one gender has a very different experience than another, I just wonder if my male opinion is even relevant. I'm inclined to say it's not in this case.

And see I get that. I really do. I wanted a discussion where people could change my mind (and they did to a degree). Just right off the bat I was being attacked and told my opinion didn't matter. If you would have phrased it like that right away we could have discussed the weight or relevancy of the male opinion on the subject.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm

infamous alien irl:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Alien - My apologies if any of my comments felt like an attack on you, i was being sarcastic. I showed this thread to my girlfriend and she yelled at me for arguing for the wrong side. :lol:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby _themissingshade_ » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 pm

infamousalien wrote:
cherler wrote:You can't see the difference between naming a beer dick smasher and this add? There's a pretty huge difference, besides which genitalia are referenced.

My whole point was sometimes a bad joke is just a bad joke and there is not some sinister misogynist nazi conspiracy about everything. You don't need to go hunting for sexism because there is a lot of actual sexism occurring in everyday life all around.

Because you are getting so many replies so quickly, my own reply might just look like a pile on, but I merely want to make sense of things.

I don't think you are a nazi. But I do think that perhaps you have a misconception about sexism. You say there is a lot of actual sexism occurring in everyday life, well, is this TC example not everyday life? Even if we assume in good faith that it was "just a bad joke" with no intended harm, the matter remains that a number of employees agreed, tacitly or otherwise, that the joke was okay. The implication of this is that all the employees responsible are not questioning the rather blatant optics problem right in front of them. On the most charitable interpretation of events, they are acting analogously to people who "don't see race". The people who don't see race are the exact set of people who are unaffected by issues of race. The people who deny or try to downplay this type of misogyny are the people who don't live life being harassed, devalued, underpaid, and oppressed. At least, not due to their gender. This whole conversation can be avoided by people, particularly people with public voices, demonstrating a bit more respect and sensitivity to the way life is like for people that do not start their lives on the easiest difficulty setting.
_themissingshade_

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion