Controversial Opinions

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Controversial Opinions

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:54 pm

the band nirvana hated children, and would steal cookies from them and sell their toys for dope.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:47 am

didn't Kurt pretty much hate everything other than heroin, the Pixies, and Courtney Love?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:10 am

I got video footage if you don't fuckin believe me man.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dapper Bandit » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:02 am

Have people confused importance with quality over the years?

The Sex Pistols were of huge importance to punk but Never Mind the Bollocks is not one of the best punk albums, for example. Velvet Underground inspired every band ever (allegedly), those other bands all released better albums than VU.

It seems that people are very reluctant to let go of their childhood idols as time goes by and we enter into a static world of 'Best 100 Classic Rock Albums of ALL TIME!' lists (spoiler, it's probably Appetite for Destruction) as fans refuse to believe that there's anything new under the sun. King Crimson released the some of the finest progressive rock the world has ever seen in the mid 80s but Yes had already recorded Tales from pissing Topographic Oceans so sorry guys, that genre is all tied up in a bow now. Or a fucking cape, in fact.

I'm probably way out on a limb but there is little desire for evolution and growth within distinct musical genres, let alone the output of individual bands. Celtic Frost released Cold Lake and people booed them off of the planet, Triptychon released the same song over and over and the world flicked it's bean and never asked what's under Uncle Tom Warrior's beanie.

Any musical entity, if it wishes to survive in the open market, must emerge fully formed and then simply refine the formula until it peters out. Iron Maiden is a classic example, aside from the singer, they pretty much put out the same album for 40 years. True, sometimes they put out an exceptional version of that album but how different were the Blaze Bailey albums to the earlier ones? Near enough every grindcore album sounds the same as Repulsed.

TL;DR, music is kind of boring after the second album comes out. We've got the best version of you now and it's all just going to go downhill now.
Bringing Brought the noise in Whitechapel Murders
Bandcamp
Facebook
Dapper Bandit

committed
committed

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:26 am

*pushes glasses up*
I only like their demo

But hey how about all the new Thou records this year? They have gone into wild new places and the albums are dropping faster than i can process them. Its rad.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Have people confused importance with quality over the years?

The Sex Pistols were of huge importance to punk but Never Mind the Bollocks is not one of the best punk albums, for example. Velvet Underground inspired every band ever (allegedly), those other bands all released better albums than VU.

that's not untrue, but as far as punk singles are concerned the Pistols are pretty much top of the list, and that material was no more an "album" than Singles Going Steady or Substance. and though the VU albums aren't all that, few of their innumerable followers ever came up with moments as compelling as "Sister Ray" or "Rock and Roll."
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Dapper Bandit wrote:Have people confused importance with quality over the years?

It seems that people are very reluctant to let go of their childhood idols as time goes by and we enter into a static world of 'Best 100 Classic Rock Albums of ALL TIME!' lists (spoiler, it's probably Appetite for Destruction) as fans refuse to believe that there's anything new under the sun. King Crimson released the some of the finest progressive rock the world has ever seen in the mid 80s but Yes had already recorded Tales from pissing Topographic Oceans so sorry guys, that genre is all tied up in a bow now. Or a fucking cape, in fact.

I'm probably way out on a limb but there is little desire for evolution and growth within distinct musical genres, let alone the output of individual bands. Celtic Frost released Cold Lake and people booed them off of the planet, Triptychon released the same song over and over and the world flicked it's bean and never asked what's under Uncle Tom Warrior's beanie.

Any musical entity, if it wishes to survive in the open market, must emerge fully formed and then simply refine the formula until it peters out. Iron Maiden is a classic example, aside from the singer, they pretty much put out the same album for 40 years. True, sometimes they put out an exceptional version of that album but how different were the Blaze Bailey albums to the earlier ones? Near enough every grindcore album sounds the same as Repulsed.

TL;DR, music is kind of boring after the second album comes out. We've got the best version of you now and it's all just going to go downhill now.

Good/interesting comments. The window of most great bands are short. Only to be extended by a strong marketing team. It's hard to believe but Black Sabbath was basically a spent bullet by mid-late '70s. Technical Ecstacy ('76) was bad at best and it only got worse from there. BTW, we're talking BS with Ozzie. So Sabbath with Ozzie was good from '69 to '75. Actually a long window compared to most other bands. In the heat of the moment it's hard to imagine how fleeting that moment really is ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Bitter sweet symphony is the greatest song EVER recorded
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 pm

fleetwoodmac rules!
Last edited by comesect2.0 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:26 pm

Controversial Opinion: Khabib will choke out McGregor in 3
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm

I can only hope mcgregor loses
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 pm

dubkitty wrote:didn't Kurt pretty much hate everything other than heroin, the Pixies, and Courtney Love?

Two out of three ain’t bad.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:12 am

calfzilla wrote:I can only hope mcgregor loses

Khabib wins via rear naked choke in the 4th. Off by a round … :yay:
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:04 am

Jerefuzz has two penis's
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:19 am

three since I picked the longhorns in the red river shootout ...
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion