Controversial Opinions

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Controversial Opinions

Postby dubkitty » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm

JMO: the most listenable Du albums are Zen Arcade, Flip Your Wig, and Warehouse. also Everything Falls Apart and More if that counts. the production on Candy Apple Grey is even worse than the SST stuff in some ways, terribly artificial and plastic-y. it's irritating because some of my favorite songs are on New Day Rising, but it sounds so terrible. honestly, Flying Saucer Attack albums are preferable to Huskers albums for me in terms of production. their only record that actually "sounds good" is Warehouse.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby rustywire » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:08 am

dubkitty wrote:the production on Candy Apple Grey is even worse than the SST stuff in some ways, terribly artificial and plastic-y.

Don't want to know if you are lonely immediately comes to mind. Great song, complete trash of a mix. It isn't lofi in any of the good ways like the first Bad Brains tape or Slanted & Enchanted but one of the great "what ifs" afaic, despite its success
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:30 am

"Dead Set On Destruction" is the lost great Candy Apple Gray track for me.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby comesect2.0 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:56 am

I've told two women now I'm totally fucking sexy and they should let me pick them up and get CRAZY wild but they were all like fuck you you woke me up....like FUCk then right I'm like available.
30/m/TX dtown.
Chank set me all.these great drugs threw b/s/t
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 am

How many times have I told you to stop waking me up??? :mad: :lol: :eek:

I AM NOT TWO WOMEN, I'M ONLY ONE MAN!
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby codetocontra » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 am

Beef is the worst pizza topping. It's a pizza, therefore should use pizza elements or even extravagant toppings. Beef is neither. This isn't a hamburger. Get out of here with your garbage meat product.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:17 pm

I like sausage and fresh tomatoes and jalapenos.. and cheese bread, marinara sauce.. grated parmesan just added at the last second.

Beef not so great. Agreed
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 3205 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

I pretty much only like spicy pizza toppings - pepperoni, italian sausage, peppers/red pepper flakes. I'll tolerate mushrooms as long as they're not overly intrusive. One of my favorite local chains has some heat in their sauce, and I love it.

Chicken and onions can go on a barbeque pizza, but it still needs to be spicy.

Beef, ham, pineapple, etc.. - not for me.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby rustywire » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:07 pm

WE PUT THE MEATS ON THE PIZZA LIKE A MOTHERDUCKING BLOOD NINJA
SOYBOYS STAY OWNED

Foreal one of the best fancy slices I've had was "lasagna pizza" w/ browned bits of groundbeef :drool:
Also taco pizza rules :drool: :snax:

Speaking of pizza rules, the correct definition for pizza is dough+sauce+cheese. White pie is cheesy bread. Proper neapolitan style is undefeated: dough made with high gluten 000 flour, sauce from crushed tomatoes and whole milk mozz plus there had better be fresh basil, garlic and red pepper flakes to taste. Slice must be foldable or you're doing it wrong
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby 3205 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 pm

^I appreciate those rules, though I don't hate chicago style.

Abbreviating pizza to 'za' is repulsive on a fundamental level.
affiliations
Chase Bliss, Spiral Electric, DigiTech/DOD

committed
committed

Postby rustywire » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Agree, also Chicago-style is an open faced casserole pie. Still delicious. I used to call it "lasagna pie" but not so much after having the above mentioned lasagna pizza
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:41 pm

3205 wrote:^I appreciate those rules, though I don't hate chicago style.

Abbreviating pizza to 'za' is repulsive on a fundamental level.

Za Bro's haha .. yeah no good
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Muff_Diver » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:03 am

rustywire wrote:Speaking of pizza rules, the correct definition for pizza is dough+sauce+cheese. White pie is cheesy bread. Proper neapolitan style is undefeated: dough made with high gluten 000 flour, sauce from crushed tomatoes and whole milk mozz plus there had better be fresh basil, garlic and red pepper flakes to taste. Slice must be foldable or you're doing it wrong

Nah dawg. You need a mix of whole milk moz and low moisture moz. If you only do whole milk, your cheese to sauce ratio will either be way light on cheese, or youll have a wet pizza.

Easiest way to up your pizza quality: Put some nice cheese and nice olive oil on top after it comes out the oven. Some aged gouda and a quality California olive oil will really up the overall flavor experience.
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby cherler » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 am

Muff_Diver wrote:
rustywire wrote:Speaking of pizza rules, the correct definition for pizza is dough+sauce+cheese. White pie is cheesy bread. Proper neapolitan style is undefeated: dough made with high gluten 000 flour, sauce from crushed tomatoes and whole milk mozz plus there had better be fresh basil, garlic and red pepper flakes to taste. Slice must be foldable or you're doing it wrong

Nah dawg. You need a mix of whole milk moz and low moisture moz. If you only do whole milk, your cheese to sauce ratio will either be way light on cheese, or youll have a wet pizza.

Easiest way to up your pizza quality: Put some nice cheese and nice olive oil on top after it comes out the oven. Some aged gouda and a quality California olive oil will really up the overall flavor experience.

Gouda on pizza is the absolute best, this is what's up right here
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:18 am

I have been getting the habanero cheddar and tossing that on.. with the jalapeno and hot sauce ;)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion