Re: Football - World Cup

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:13 pm

lol, why isn't he in prison yet?

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 pm

lmao Argentina

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:41 pm

My boy Dejan Lovren keeping Argentina quiet.

Croatia have a stacked midfield, could take them pretty far in this tournament.

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:38 am

ummohyeah wrote:My boy Dejan Lovren keeping Argentina quiet.

Croatia have a stacked midfield, could take them pretty far in this tournament.

We’re out of town and I can’t find a way to watch the Argentina v Croatia game and it’s driving me bonkers.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Oh boy, what a weekend.

As much as I dislike Portugal, I think they will reach semifinals.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:14 am

Portugal/Iran was mental. Referee totally lost control. What was going on with Iran coach? He was seen throwing his jacket and storming down the tunnel suggesting he'd been ejected, then he came back, then later got another "final warning". That Iran "handball" was never a penalty, but it was a great penalty. VAR has been great so far, but it was used quite terribly in the Portugal/Iran game, though I think that was mostly down the referee being indecisive.

Really hoping Japan scrape through, just so the knockouts stages aren't Europe vs America. They'll go out immediately, but still, continents!

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Fucking VAR haha, can make this sport more fair but it's a fucking chaos because only the referee decides when to make use of it, they should give teams limited chances to make use of it, like in Tennis.

Also, Argentina... nice to have them in the next round but they're not delivering as expected, don't think they will be this lucky against France.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 am

2 guys go up for a header in the box. Attacker heads it down, off the defender's arm = penalty. Defender heads it down, off his own arm =/= penalty. huh?

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:02 pm

And Germany is out! :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An embarrassing appearance in the Korea and Mexico games. :grumpy:

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Pepe wrote:And Germany is out! :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An embarrassing appearance in the Korea and Mexico games. :grumpy:

Those fuckers deserved it. I can't believe how much time Younggwon had to shoot during that first goal. Three meters of free space in every direction around him.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:57 pm

WTF Germany, doesn't make any sense losing against Mexico and Korea and what they did against Sweden...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 pm

As an Englishman, Germany going out is wonderful. Just a shame it wasn't us who put them out. Ozil's perennial face of disappointment never gets old, and we get to see it a lot, because he plays for Arsenal. ' Sweeper keepers' are dumb. The ego on Neuer to think he can dribble past a professional outfield player. Idiot. He was made to look foolish.

It doesn't matter who wins the final. VAR is the world champion. Without VAR, that first Korea goal is disallowed every time, and incorrectly. No chance an official ever spots that in real time. All hail the VAR overlords.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:36 am

This is getting interesting.

Neuer was too funny.

ARG qualified means we get to witness another outstandong performance by the one and only .............. MARADONA!
Post a reply