Soccer Coaching / Youth Sports Discussion

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Soccer Coaching / Youth Sports Discussion

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 23, 2018 7:55 am

bennroe wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:I do wonder though at one point in life do people learn that their actions impact other people? It seems like something that people may not be learning at all anymore.

This is a fair concern, but kids are much more likely to learn this lesson from real cause-and-effect than forced illustrative punishment. If they're mean to their friend, their friend cries, and then they feel shitty too and have to unpack why. If they do something stupid and a coach or teacher or counselor or whatever consequently punishes the whole group, there's no clear causation for them to latch onto, and they're honestly pretty unlikely to take away any lesson; just feel unfairly treated.

I agree in theory with what you are saying, but the real scenario seems to be like this
- Kid A is mean makes Kid B cry
-Kid A's parents tell him it's not his fault and to not feel guilty about it because he is the most special and awesome person in the entire world
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Discussion