Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:34 pm

jrfox92 wrote:Image

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:20 pm

HO-GAAAAAAAAAAN!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Faldoe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:55 am

dubkitty wrote:
Faldoe wrote:I’d say the alt-right and black lives matter/antifa, etc have a lot in common. Funny how each side doesn’t see that.

well, other than the thing where BLM is objectively correct ant the alt-Right is objectively wrong... :idk:

i don't love the kind of stuff that Antifa gets into on the West Coast with the pointless window-breaking and so on...i think it makes the opposition look bad. i'm not a fan of anarchists anyway. but for me it was a good thing they were here in Charlottesville to fuck up the Nazis. :mope:

BLM is most certainly not objectively correct.

I think there are different types of people involved in BLM that have good points but the kind of main main narrative in BLM is one that is really void of reason and stirs up in its members the same prejudices they seem to be against.
Faldoe

Postby crochambeau » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:23 am

Faldoe wrote:but the kind of main main narrative in BLM is one that is really void of reason and stirs up in its members the same prejudices they seem to be against.

Isn't their primary narrative requesting of the police to stop killing black people for no good reason? I feel like that's their clarion call.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:05 am

Ducking snowflakes.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 am

Are you saying the police shouldn't freely murder minorities and get away with it?

It's political correctness gone mad!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paul_C » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 am

GardenoftheDead wrote:Health care is a human right and for profit health care should be illegal.

I don't see healthcare as a "right", but I do believe that if we can make it free to all those that need it we should.

I'm seeing the tentacles of US style healthcare slowly but surely infiltrate the NHS, and I'm absolutely certain it's because there are enough people in positions of power who are happy to allow it to happen, often because their bank balance benefits.

I don't think there's a country in the world where everyone does their best to make life as good as possible for everyone, as there are many humans who prefer to keep what they have rather than spread it around. Sadly I don't see this ever changing.

Recent stories of charity workers misbehaving shows that even those who you might think are being selfless for their fellow man aren't immune from doing as harm as good.

Individuals are often lovely, humans as a species are a bunch of bastards.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:39 am

cherler wrote:You're right, in the strictest sense it's just a description of a specific set of ideals. However, seeing that phrase and similar phrases can be red flags that it's finally time to unfollow your mildly homophobic uncle facebook. As of now I can only think of two contexts I've seen them: this whole ordeal here, and angry conservative rants. I think that's a pretty common experience and why people were so quick to throw you into an anti-liberal camp.

To your last point, again I'm not sure it's important if it's a conspiracy or just out of touch marketing. If they are just unaware, then it's likely that they just don't give a shit.

I don't have a facebook account, although if I ever record and release any music, I guess I will create one for promotional purposes and it would be all music related, not random stupid stuff.

My conspiracy point is important in the context of the comments I was responding to. It is unclear why you keep trying to broaden my comments to include everything under the sun. My comments were a specific response to a specific post. If I had started my own thread where I just went on about stuff (like gardenofthedead did with this thread - an angry liberal rant), I could understand you thinking their was some malice behind it (like gardenofthedead's thread). But, all I did was offer a different opinion as to why companies may still market this way in a direct response to someone else.

I have feeling gardenofthedead realizes this now as well, and that is why they haven't been back to this thread. I think they got a good nights sleep and re-read my comments and realized I didn't say anything offensive and thus in a effort not to make themselves look any worse, they simply abandonded the thread.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cherler » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:tell me how that is an offensive statement against women or liberals.

I was just trying to do that, basically saying your comments aren't, but the context and similarity in tone to conservative facebook rants made them seem like they were :idk:

Anyway I bashed my dick into the corner of my desk swinging it around so much in here so I'm out till the bruising fades a bit
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:24 pm

regarding "identity politics": i think that complaints about "identity politics" are really complaining that people whose interests are not being served or are actively worked against by the dominant culture are aware of same and want their needs and views to be heard and respected. why shouldn't someone who's gay, female, or a racial minority want to argue the interests of themselves and people like themselves in response to a society/culture that's actively and objectively racist, sexist, and homophobic? why do we never hear anyone decrying "identity politics" from e.g. gun owners, xenophobes (who literally personify "identity politics"), or the wealthy?

also, i'm sick and tired of hearing complaints about supposed excessive Leftism in education when the US education system is systematically engaged in propaganda about how bloody wonderful the US is. how many of you learned anything about the genocide of the Native Americans in your elementary or high school classes? or about the US' nauseating history of deposing legitimate governments around the world in favor of business-friendly puppet regimes? or the staggering war crimes committed by the US and its allies in Vietnam? i mean, god forbid that any opinion outside of the center-right (Democrat)/loony-right (GOP) consensus should be considered /s. in civilized First World countries Hillary is viewed as tantamount to Maggie Thatcher, and Bernie would be considered slightly Left. capital and the military/industrial complex have dominated the American dialogue since the beginning of the 20th century with the exception of the FDR years, and in those years big businessmen tried to recruit Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler to lead a fascist coup (there's another thing that your teachers didn't tell you about).

who benefits from deriding legitimate expressions of self-interest by the oppressed? hint: it's not you.
Last edited by dubkitty on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 pm

"Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda" would make a good band name. :idea:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Nice little train wreck you guys have going here.... ....
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby dubkitty » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 pm

i'm more in favor of the Social Democratic Apple Agenda :cool:

dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Chankgeez wrote:"Garden of the Dead's Liberal PC Agenda" would make a good band name. :idea:

I don't know why, but the phrase "Bark Tartar" popped into my head this morning. That might make a good band name as well.

Mudfuzz wrote:Nice little train wreck you guys have going here.... ....

Why do you say that? With the exception of gardenofthedead, I think pretty much everyone has acted maturely and discussed things in a reasonable manner.

Also, I commented earlier about piezo mic popping noises. Can anyone answer my question below about if this is normal?

"I also get a lot of pops from my Cranksturgeon piezo mics, like when I bump the cable. I don't use piezo mics often, so I don't know if this is normal for them or not. At any rate, hoping the new [patch] cables help with these items."
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion