Florida School Shooting: Snap Chat

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Florida School Shooting: Snap Chat

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:04 pm

What if those cameras had M18's inside that went off whenever a shooter was recognized?

That'd make things interesting. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Exactly, only I was thinking a quick shot to the neck by a blaster pistol styled laser, want to avoid a UA 571-C sentry gun.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Why the fuck would they charge his parents though? I don't understand? Even if they were alive.

Because, how does a 19-year-old get an AR-15 with multiple magazine and ammo, legally, without bringing up a lot of red flags?
If he stole the rifle from his parents, I was curious how liable they'd be for this knowing his history.
If he bought it, how? Also, considering his history, if he bought it legally why wouldn't the FBI or ATF investigate?

I think the age of purchasing a rifle is 18 in a lot of states. I'm not sure about this one.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Achtane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:20 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:okay well all I got before I was attacked by ADs was the word manhunt and this
A sheriff's deputy responding to a report of gunfire at a private school near the site of a mass shooting a Florida high school accidentally fired his gun, injuring his leg.
:erm:

Fife'd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 am

I used to tutor there 10 years ago. Holy shit.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 pm

jrfox92 wrote:Because, how does a 19-year-old get an AR-15 with multiple magazine and ammo, legally, without bringing up a lot of red flags?
If he stole the rifle from his parents, I was curious how liable they'd be for this knowing his history.
If he bought it, how? Also, considering his history, if he bought it legally why wouldn't the FBI or ATF investigate?

There are no red flags, particularly in a southern state like Florida, to throw up - the feds are prohibited from tracking purchases or keeping any kind of computer database.
The closest thing that comes to a red flag thrown up is if you purchase multiple guns from one dealer in a day, they have an extra form to fill out on their end - but it's just there, nothing happens.

https://www.gq.com/story/inside-federal ... -many-guns

The form you fill out to buy a gun from a dealer is basically an honor system and maaaaaybe an additional charge if you ever catch a federal weapons charge. You promise you're not a drug user, not making a purchase on behalf of someone who can't buy a gun, you're not actively beating your significant other. All that matters is having the appropriate ID and passing the NCIC background check call (or if you've got a concealed carry license in some states that can sub for the actual background check call).

By federal law, an 18-year old is allowed to buy rifles and rifle ammo without constraint, Florida is very laissez-faire about guns so I doubt they have any kind of extra restrictions.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby wafl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:34 am

The red flag was being part of a white nationalist(neo nazi group)

But hey I guess the cops were busy fucking with black and indigenous people.
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 am

I didn't mean there weren't things that shouldn't have stopped him from getting a gun, I meant 'no red flags' literally, the refs don't have any to throw, the gun lobby has paid for them to all be taken away. The only way you're not getting past a NCIC background check is a felony record or a few other crimes that rely on poor state/military reporting (domestic violence, not sure if protective/restraining orders are proactively added to the database).
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:06 am

wafl wrote:The red flag was being part of a white nationalist(neo nazi group)

But hey I guess the cops were busy fucking with black and indigenous people.

The real issue here is not with the police. The local police or otherwise have very little say in these types of people's lives. However, he was reported to the FBI who failed to do anything. The dude was getting progressively worse, and they have it all documented, yet failed to do anything.

I don't see why demonizing the police helps this cause?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby wafl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:43 pm

because all cops are bastards. ;)
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby ummohyeah » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Been trying to stay away from the news this year, but these stories are always so shocking. I'm studying to become a school teacher and I can't believe I'll actually have to instruct students on what to do during an active shooter situation.

I don't think it got answered but it was asked, how was the shooter caught? He wore the polo shirt that the ROTC students would be wearing, and after his spree, he fled with students to a local Subway (I believe in a Wal Mart) before then having a meal at McDonald's. From there he walked away and a passing police officer spotted him, matching the description of the suspect, and apprehended him. The shooter apparently told the police officers he did as he was being detained.

Now for court, much grieving, and further examination of gun laws. Several children have already had their funerals.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm

ummohyeah wrote:he fled with students to a local Subway

How the hell does this happen when reports suggest that he was infamous among students beforehand.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 pm

ummohyeah wrote:Been trying to stay away from the news this year, but these stories are always so shocking. I'm studying to become a school teacher and I can't believe I'll actually have to instruct students on what to do during an active shooter situation.

I don't think it got answered but it was asked, how was the shooter caught? He wore the polo shirt that the ROTC students would be wearing, and after his spree, he fled with students to a local Subway (I believe in a Wal Mart) before then having a meal at McDonald's. From there he walked away and a passing police officer spotted him, matching the description of the suspect, and apprehended him. The shooter apparently told the police officers he did as he was being detained.

Now for court, much grieving, and further examination of gun laws. Several children have already had their funerals.

Good luck with your studies ... the world could always use good teachers. I would think we should have a system that can serve the mentally ill without stigma and alienation. From what I've read of this Cruz character he is profoundly sick; another Jard Lauphner or Holmes ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
ummohyeah wrote:he fled with students to a local Subway

How the hell does this happen when reports suggest that he was infamous among students beforehand.

It was a big high school and he had already been out of high school for a while. The group he was with may not have known who he was ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Inconuucl wrote:I used to tutor there 10 years ago. Holy shit.

holy shit dude. :hug: <- please imagine these aren't smiling but kinda shaken and bummed emojis
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion