Any Stand-up fans?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Any Stand-up fans?

Postby molokaio » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:51 am

calfzilla wrote:JT Habersaat is another in that vein.

Very cool, I'll check him out then! Didn't know him :love:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:48 am

I've been on a Podcast kick. Mainly three of them (I hyperlinked everything for those who are the perfect combination of 'curious + lazy').
1. TigerBelly - Bobby Lee and his best friend Khalyla
2. Steebee Weebee - Bobby Lee's brother's podcast Highly recommend the Sasha Grey interview if you are into that sort of thing (I know I am!!! :) :)* :!!!: :animal: )
3. The Church of What's Happening Now! - Joey Diaz cocksuckas!!!
EDIT 1:
I forgot I watch Chip Chipperson (Jim Norton) every Sunday night. I've seen them all, as such I'm not binging. Not recommended for everyone. Maybe just rustywire. Chippy Ki Yay Fuddah Muckah!!!!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby drolo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:00 am

On behalf of the curious + lazy community, thanks :)

I have been listening to Mike Birbiglia this last couple of days and quite liked it:
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7LA4bHpsuQA1bNuxHpqeIT
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 am

drolo wrote:I have been listening to Mike Birbiglia this last couple of days and quite liked it.

Drolo, I saw a movie he directed a few weeks ago...it was quite good. "Don't Think Twice"
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby drolo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:17 am

$harkToootth wrote:
drolo wrote:I have been listening to Mike Birbiglia this last couple of days and quite liked it.

Drolo, I saw a movie he directed a few weeks ago...it was quite good. "Don't Think Twice"

Hey I saw that movie :)
funny thing is that I had not realized it was the same person since I have only been listening to him and did not check what he looked like ... lol
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:22 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I've been on a Podcast kick. Mainly three of them (I hyperlinked everything for those who are the perfect combination of 'curious + lazy').
1. TigerBelly - Bobby Lee and his best friend Khalyla
2. Steebee Weebee - Bobby Lee's brother's podcast Highly recommend the Sasha Grey interview if you are into that sort of thing (I know I am!!! :) :)* :!!!: :animal: )
3. The Church of What's Happening Now! - Joey Diaz cocksuckas!!!
EDIT 1:
I forgot I watch Chip Chipperson (Jim Norton) every Sunday night. I've seen them all, as such I'm not binging. Not recommended for everyone. Maybe just rustywire. Chippy Ki Yay Fuddah Muckah!!!!

A nice hidden gem is Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell. Show cracks me up. Great office comedy.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby drolo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:46 am

drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks Drolo! Very funny!

I'd be remiss not to mention Joe Pera. Thinking about it, I think he holds the supperlative for the hardest I ever laughed at live show. I saw him perform in some 200 person venue for a $5 admission Sketch Show. He had a set and I'm pretty sure everyone was in tears. The rare thing is, his act is not even slightly offensive and I'm pretty sure is 100% clean. (Although, I don't think the humor is for everyone.)

Joe, if you're reading this, I saw you in the summer of 2015 at the 'Prove It All Night' live show at WFMU. I told everybody you when that whole week.

This guy:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby drolo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:03 am

I am not a fan of offensive stand up (or offensive anything) especially when it's just for the sake of provoking some reaction, which is all too easy.
so I will definitely check him out :)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:11 am

Cool! I'm not sure how his material transfers to typical platforms (Late Night Spots etc.) and it took the crowd to warm up to him when I was there...but after about 5-6 minutes...HOWLING!!!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:20 pm

My wife and I used to go to 2 or 3 show a week. Mostly at UCB but also at Largo, the comedy store, and a few others. Dropped off recently though. Been a stand-up fan longer than a music fan. My dad and I watched all the specials and comedy Central back when that's 1/2 of the programming (the other 1/2 being kids in the hall).

Seeing Kids in the Hall was a lifelong dream (well, the part that they existed during my life).

I've been to every festival supreme, the SF comedy fests.

Steven Brody was (is?) One of the best with an unsuspecting audience.
Norm Macdonald is one of my all time favorites
Kevin Neelen was good
Nick Krol sucked (well, it was ok, but I've heard his cat impressions way too many times)
Hulka (Matt Walsh).
Matt besser
Rob Heubel is good most of the time...kinda better as a host
There was this one short metal dude that was pretty good but I can't remember his name haha.
All the cast of Bob's Burgers is great, but the guy that plays Linda might be tops.
Hannibal Burress is ace
Cheech and Chong were pretty dang good.
A bunch of the ones mentioned are great too.

Still love Chris Rock

There is a few names I'm forgetting...seen way way too many shows. There is one dude that I really like but I keep getting is name confused with Joe piscopo haha.

A lot of people are way better out of the context of SNL (norm and Kevin for example...maya Rudolph is pretty dang awesome too...as is princess her prince cover band)
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm forever indebted to Chris Rock for the 'No ones home jerk...' bit. I slightly prefer the Jim Bruer incarnation of doing a Chris Rock impression doing that bit though. Shit's gone M E T A....
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Still one of the best sets
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:39 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
Still one of the best sets

OMG...his scene in UFH forever informed my sense of humor.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Yup, UHF is one of my all time favorites (had it on betamax). That scene is tops.

Speaking of weirdness from UHF, what about Bette Midler's husband and the Kipper kids?:

Not my thing really....but weird enough and married to Bette which makes it weirder.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion