Parenting ILF

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Parenting ILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:22 pm

adamajah wrote:I have 1 and 3 yr old daughters who are so dang cute I can't believe I had any part in making them. And also sometimes my wife and I look at each other and wonder how we created the spawn of satan and just feel like two shells devoid of self. For those considering a second, remember 2 kids=4 kids. It's maths.

It's been super fun letting them play all kinds of random instruments around the house and I'm really looking forward to when they're a little older and can do more family noise jammin. I have a 4 yr old nephew who's really into drums and just got a kid kit so there's that too.

I've posted these around before so forgive me but,
kids make great ambient backing tracks for noodling...
https://soundcloud.com/adamajah1/happy-happy-holo-ween
https://soundcloud.com/adamajah1/vibra-garten

That's some dang good math. Very true
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:29 pm

I have no idea how anyone manages twins, triplets, or worse. One waking up means they all wake up. One gets sick means they all get sick. Babies are hard enough work by themselves.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 pm

My 5 year old has expressed some interest in pedals. He doesn't care about instruments, but I've thought about getting him a keyboard and amp and making him a fun little board. All cheap of course.

As I expressed in the SHRAMI thread, my 5 year old has also been a bit of a handful and I'm a single dad which means I can't say "go ask mom" when he's bugging me relentlessly about something.

But the only reason he can bug me so effectively is because of how fucking clever and quick he is. Little shit.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Pretty sure we're going to get our baby this super cheap keyboard for his birthday:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BHQXM8S/_e ... W1VB&psc=1
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:42 pm

reckon luck wrote:Pretty sure we're going to get our baby this super cheap keyboard for his birthday:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BHQXM8S/_e ... W1VB&psc=1

I got that exact one a few years ago (SA-46 w/ green bottom). It's great and they still use it a lot. At the time they were really hard to find so I had get a used one off ebay (the keyboard, not my kid). I only wish there was some way to disable the song bank. They quickly learned how to hit that one button that loops through all the generic keyboard standards. It's an instant dance party which is cute but those damned tunes...
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby reckon luck » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:47 pm

If it gets bad enough, I think I can figure out how to break that particular button.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby Invisible Man » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm

PeteeBee wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BdlmZC7h1NC/?taken-by=tapeartifacts
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcVIVNjhW8h ... eartifacts

It's hard to be as patient as I strive to be lately, especially with how tired I am. I mean, I know we're all tired, but it's just figuring out a new life season. My commute/school schedule means I'm gone from 6am-about 7pm Monday through Friday, then work all day Saturday. Sunday is "family day" but that normally also has homework that needs to get done. IDK, it'll all be fine. I'm just so tired lately and miss my kids :lol:

I’m with you. I have an hour a day with my kids M-F, and weekends are often full of house projects, events, or more work. It seems criminal that that’s what it takes to ‘make it,’ but I also have it better than 99.999% of all human dads in history. Doing your best and being present is all you can do. They get it.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm

Kids love drums

JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 pm

My daughter turns two in March, and has a variety of fake instruments for babies/toddlers, most of which get pretty regular use, but lately she's been much more interested in the real thing. Fun trivia:

1) We set up an old Casio keyboard for her in our bedroom, so now every day I wake up to her trolling me by playing the instrumental Casio version of "Hero", the theme from 2002's Spider-Man... by the guy from Nickleback. She also sways violently while playing it.

2) The other day I was playing guitar and she decided she wanted to play, but she's only like two and a half feet tall, so I said "let me sit down first", which she apparently just heard as "sit down first" because that's what she did. So now, whenever she wants to play with my guitar, she sits down on the floor and looks expectant.

3) She slays using her mom's electric drums (as pictured below) (which I also sometimes wake up to).

IMG_925.jpg
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby oscillateur » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 pm

My son is 14 months old and (probably like all babies) he loves making noise. I'm bringing my Reface YC keyboard on the living room floor sometimes so that he can pound on the keys, move sliders around and make old horror movies music ;). He's getting old enough to play instruments with me, he really liked playing with the strings on my bass the other day. The next step is the modular...

And yeah, kids are awesome but they are sleep vampires too. Tiny, adorable, wonderful sleep vampires.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby reckon luck » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 pm

they say tone is in the babies
reckon luck

committed
committed

Postby Eivind August » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:51 am

fcknoise wrote:this thread makes me feel good

damnit i want a kid

i rly should not get a kid rn

I'd have a kid with you. :idea:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 am

reckon luck wrote:they say tone is in the babies

Trve.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:35 am

first year in, I lost my hair, coincidence?
little Artemis is 6 now...been threw alot without much at all ..living here and there with little to no cash, family or job, relying on handouts and her moms 12hr job while I kept the fort up and raise the kido...shes definitely the best thing to ever happen to me, didnt have a single clue what I was supposed to be doing at first without any support, other parents or family to guide, just a babe in the wood casting seeds, and once one grew, I began to get a clue, after some time...her school is fucking amazing..got a report card yesterday....had a little chat :lol:
shes got her own instruments...an acoustic guitar, xylophones, harmonicas, flutes...& yamaha keyboard, and il catch her legs crossed on bed, reading a book, listening to the metronome for like 30 min... me walking in like you know you can have drums go on for hours too? then she switchs it back bobbing her head lol ((ding click click click ding click click click ding click click click ding ect)))
life is strange and scary. :snax:
she's an encyclopedia of zoology.
never knew my birth parents, so seeing my genes play out is beyond any one word.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 am

My daughters (I have 3) aren't as interested in making noise like you folks, but I guess I don't have a ton of fun toys for them to play with. All I have it pedals and instruments. My oldest wanted to play the guitar, I bought here one, she never touched it. LOL. I would not get her lessons unless she actually showed interest and it didn't pan out. Not sure if I did that one wrong. Seems to be the way parenting works though. Second guessing your choices. My middle daughter has a keyboard and I actually got her a piano too. She barely touches either. LOL!! I made her a scales chart, got her tons of books (admittedly more effort than my oldest...that makes me feel bad. :( ), anyway, she showed interest at first, then stopped. I offered to get her lessons, she wasn't really into it. Sooooooo...hmmmm....

My youngest shows the most interest. She's five and she likes to turn my pedal knobs. She used to come downstairs with me (basement) when I'd play my bass. She doesn't do it so much anymore. It makes me sad, but I let my kids do what makes then happy. If they said "dad I want to play this or that", I try and do it assuming I could afford to.

I try to be the best dad I can. I love my girls more than anything in this world and would do anything for them.

I'll tell you something special I started for my oldest 8 years ago.

My wife and I had just had our second daughter (Addison) and I was scared my oldest (Ashlee) would feel left out by the fact that she was no longer the baby. So, when Ashlee was 4, I decided to start a special evening dedicated to just hanging out with her. We call it "camp out night" and in the beginning we actually slept in a tent in my front room, but it was her little princess tent. haha. Now Ashlee is 12 and her sister Addison is 8 (Aaliyah is 5) and we all camp out together. Every Friday night I've been camping out with my girls for the last 8 years. There is an occasional cancellation, but they are few and far between. It's a priority to me and it makes me feel closer to my girls. They look forward to it all week and ask me about it all week. Ashlee had to make a decision when Addison got a little older to let her be included, but other than that, it still has the same theme. We all sleep on the floor or in the bed together, watch a movie and go to sleep.

I get sad when I think about my daughters grown up and losing that night. Ashlee is going to be 13 this year. :( I'm not sure how much longer she will be interested. She's a cool kid though, so who knows. I may have a few years left with that special time with my girls, but I may not either.

I'll say this. Being a dad is the best thing I've ever done with my life.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion