Diminishing returns of info ...



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby JereFuzz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:51 am

Has the internet been a bust? Most of the info on the net is garbage and the "conveniences" of the net such as paying bills online, etc. are great but not a perpetual energy machine. Have we maxed out the utility of the internet? What additional benefits exist online that didn't exist 10 years ago? The data/info we are exposed to is far greater than the info we could ever hope to actually put to good use. This last statement could have been made a long time ago ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby multi_s » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:17 am

JereFuzz wrote:Has the internet been a bust?

nope imho.

[/quote]
JereFuzz wrote: Most of the info on the net is garbage and the "conveniences" of the net such as paying bills online, etc. are great but not a perpetual energy machine.


most information in general is garbage. paying bills online does likely save energy? should paying bills online create perpetual motion? wtf.


JereFuzz wrote:What additional benefits exist online that didn't exist 10 years ago?

i woudl say its just more convenient. for exampel isntead of using napster you just stream music. instead of having a tv you just get netflix.

most platforms are more mature/evolved. youtube is one example.

another example is vaporwave


there is an interesting video here about current advance of technology maybe you will like.

multi_s

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:20 am

I feel you Jere I don't like the gear preview threads either.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28386
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 am

D.o.S. wrote:I feel you Jere I don't like the gear preview threads either.

:rofl:
Saltiest motherfucker on ILF, I swear.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 am

When did truth become salt?
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby actual » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 am

Here's some cheese for you guys

Image
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2922
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 am

The literal best thing about the internet/smartphones is that, if you can read google maps, you're literally NEVER lost in a city. A friend who's still rocking a dumbphone was asking about what the benefits of smartphones are, whilst carrying printed maps with directions to a part of town he was unfamiliar with.
megazord.powerchord
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:45 am

HUH? SORRY I CANT HEAR YOUR LUDDITE GRIPES OVER MY HIGH DEFINITION VIRTUAL REALITY AUTO SENSORY MERIDIAN RESPONSE SHREK FAN FICTION.
lost in music wrote:Drop out of life with cone in hand. Follow the scoops to-ah the ice cream man.


good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby Corey Y » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 am

gnomethrone wrote:HUH? SORRY I CANT HEAR YOUR LUDDITE GRIPES OVER MY HIGH DEFINITION VIRTUAL REALITY AUTO SENSORY MERIDIAN RESPONSE SHREK FAN FICTION.


Is there an ASMR version of this? With slime?
Corey Y

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:The literal best thing about the internet/smartphones is that, if you can read google maps, you're literally NEVER lost in a city. A friend who's still rocking a dumbphone was asking about what the benefits of smartphones are, whilst carrying printed maps with directions to a part of town he was unfamiliar with.



THIS!

google maps



also: as someone who would have to fly way more than I do without the internet, I think the level of global communication has improved tremendously even over the last 2-3 years and online/mobile translation platforms are becoming better all the time.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8278
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 am

No, man is garbage and going too fast, you can use this technology without being exposed to absurdities, the choice is yours with endless possibilities.
NSFW: show
Image
LuR SMELT NiTH
comesect2.0

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm
Location: TX

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 am

...and that video^ is a prime example of what this threads about, every one has an opinion and everyone's an expert, being exposed to garbage at least creates new thought and direction, positive or negative, at least we are moving somewhere. Life's not an illusion but your information just might be fantasy. Cyberspace is the representation of creation experiencing itself.
NSFW: show
Image
LuR SMELT NiTH
comesect2.0

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm
Location: TX

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 am

For "guitar gear" I'd say were maxed out right now.

For work, we have a way to go. It would be baller if I could access my work computer and all databases through the internet with a connection that is actually useable.
JonnyAngle

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3412
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am

JonnyAngle wrote:For "guitar gear" I'd say were maxed out right now.

For work, we have a way to go. It would be baller if I could access my work computer and all databases through the internet with a connection that is actually useable.



That would be awesome, i think what will probably happen instead is most of our data applications will go cloud based, that's the direction we seem to be heading in.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8278
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Diminishing returns of info ...

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am

I've been pushing our office in that direction with the case management tool we use. So we are now using it for everything. It's a cloud based service hosted in Germany, used by hundreds of universities.

Server went down the other day for some reason and took 6 hours to get back online. First day of semester. Office couldn't answer any questions.

So yeah, I think this is the way to go, but you have to have an SLA and an infrastructure that is up to it. And the problem with access anywhere any time is that an SLA that guarantees that is pretty expensive.
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11442
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Next

Return to General Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Achtane, Seedy and 8 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.