Song stuck in your head? Come share the joy!!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Stupid song stuck in your head? Come share the joy!!

Postby drolo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:17 am

omg :)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 pm

I've watched this a bunch since KEXP posted it. These guys just 'get it'. I don't know what 'it' is. But 'they get it'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msL7z6WpW7w
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:49 pm

"What am I gunna do...gunna do...gunna do...gunna do..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9cExHOazw
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the raytownian » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:20 pm

I'm currently working for a business that runs a preset playlist of songs in-store. The same songs daily, every single day. I get a lot of top 40 shit drilled into my brain as a result. Most of the songs are uniformly bland and terrible, but few of them get stuck in my head as badly as these:

NSFW: show

I don't like to admit this--not even to myself--but I'm starting to like some of this shit. That Lonestar song still makes me gag, though.
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:46 pm

^some heavy stuff there

my kid has been listening to the top gun ost the whole week (don't ask) and what's stuck is not even the really good songs, like the kenny loggins ones but this:

drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:58 pm

An amazing track but that last minute and 11 seconds just achieves other worldlyness (maybe not that but, some strange feeling of a nostalgia that never was). Catchy melodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzfLw6OSJU
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Great track! Is that George Duke on the synth (an Arp Odyssey, I suppose), or has he left the band at that time already?
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Pepe wrote:Great track! Is that George Duke on the synth (an Arp Odyssey, I suppose), or has he left the band at that time already?

I don't think he was on 'Zoot Allures' and I honestly never thought that was a synth. Zappa loved the Mu-Tron stuff and Oberheim VCF so I always thought it was that mixed with his heavily modded guitars. My ears have failed me many times before though so I'm sure I'm wrong.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:56 pm

That's a synth. It sounds very much like my KORG 800DV at 4:14, hey, maybe it's even that one! That would explain the stereo sounds and the sound is just how the KORG Traveler filter and the old oscillators sound like.
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Let's go with that. This track is allegedly ARP Odyssey core (a couple of synths were used on the track but the iconic lead part was allegedly the Oddy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wCK6INQcHs
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:20 pm

This song doesn't have either of those synths in it. But, it is proven one will be in a better mood if they start their day with this track [citation 'Super Duper Scientific Journal of The World: Scientists of The World Agreeing About Stuff Monthly]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqEHaQ1RbME
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Conversely, the same scientific journal found an influx of suicides per repetition of this awful song. For all intents and purposes, this track makes the title of this thread appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaHYvRyPI2U
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:30 pm

$harkToootth wrote:This song doesn't have either of those synths in it. But, it is proven one will be in a better mood if they start their day with this track [citation 'Super Duper Scientific Journal of The World: Scientists of The World Agreeing About Stuff Monthly]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqEHaQ1RbME

I always loved this version by DC Talk:
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:53 pm

I love this thread. My brain is going to blow up with all the stupid shit stuck in it. NSFW for the page doesn't shit itself.

Not their most popular song :lol: This fan video is so fucking stupid but enjoyable. I would love to have a side job of appearing in shitty music videos.

More so the beat is stuck in my head.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 pm

NSFW: show
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion