Hey what's your resume look like?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hey what's your resume look like?

Postby multi_s » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:23 pm

ya i would agree that the longer you have been out of school the less the education list matters and the more what your experience is matters.

also gpa is sort of a loaded metric, i was not posting that to impress anyone here.

JonnyAngle wrote:Another tid bit that scott’s Resume reminded me of:

He has a masters degree with a 3.97 gpa.

Nobody gives a shit where he went to high school. He obviously graduated.

also ftr I more or less failed out of highschool and went to university when i was ~24-25, long after working for several years in different tech jobs.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Same. I worked at guitar center in my early 20s and then went to school and was a diesel engine mechanic at Caterpillar for 6 years and then went to engineering school. Luckily the mechanic experience is pretty legit in the engineering world :lol:

I think resumes are an organism that you need to be aware of and examine it every 6 months or so even if you aren't looking for a new job. I have been in my new job about 5 months now and I've gone back and added a few things and removed some of the more school related stuff. I don't want to get down the road a few years and have to try and make vast sweeping changes.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:50 pm

multi_s wrote:ya i would agree that the longer you have been out of school the less the education list matters and the more what your experience is matters.

also gpa is sort of a loaded metric, i was not posting that to impress anyone here.

JonnyAngle wrote:Another tid bit that scott’s Resume reminded me of:

He has a masters degree with a 3.97 gpa.

Nobody gives a shit where he went to high school. He obviously graduated.

also ftr I more or less failed out of highschool and went to university when i was ~24-25, long after working for several years in different tech jobs.

I did infer that you graduated HS. However, I assume you're 30 something right now, that is still what I would consider irrelevant considering the university credentials.

The point of my original post was that HS is usually one of the things that is automatically on the resume which it doesn't need to be in some scenarios.

EDIT: I currently don't have a resume, but would be curious to see what it would look like.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:30 pm

ya i totally agree with you/got what you meant, i didn't mean to imply that i don;t have HS on my cv because I didn't do well etc, it was more of a joke.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Where does the hive mind stand on beginning a resume with a qualifications summary?
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 pm

I feel like that kind of fits in with what I said earlier about having a "greatest hits" section at the top listing your pimp shit qualifications and unique experience that not every (insert task) applicant will have. I personally think it's your one chance to get them to actually read the rest.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (74.29 KiB) Viewed 1777 times

I started putting a resume together. #RoastME
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Pfft resume. I haven't needed one of those in so long I don't even remember how to write one. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Pfft resume. I haven't needed one of those in so long I don't even remember how to write one. :)

Yeah i know!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby weebles » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 pm

I’d say your skills and abilities would probably all be summarized as “developing relationships with clients for something something”. Also, they all sound strangely sexual......... *ahem*

Also not really sure what you mean by “partnering with clients”.

So yeah, I think the format looks good, but maybe comb back through to edit language that’s vague/overly general.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Discussion