Alternative to iTunes for Mac?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Alternative to iTunes for Mac?

Postby friendship » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

I don't want to talk about it but I never want to use this software again. Surely there must be an alternative--perhaps that has a mobile app as well--for storage and playback of audio media, for people who do not want to be tied into a Gordian knot of frustration every time they have to add a song, put music on their phone, change album art, or do any single that iTunes is supposed to do. What would you recommend?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Alternative to iTunes for Mac?

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 am

I've been using a FiiO mp3 player for years and am convinced it is the perfect MP3 player. Think of it like an external hard drive you can play. I use an older one cause it does exactly what I want it to do and nothing more. I just bought one for my best friend cause the model I have is like $50 used now. You will have to purchase a micro sd card with it. I bought 64GB but I think mine takes up to 128GB.
Highly recommend. FUCK ITUNES.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:19 am

I barely use iTunes anymore.

I've considered trying the media player that's WMBR's solution to this problem though: http://www.wmbr.org/www/vlc

Maybe one day I will?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:23 am

Love iTunes. Embrace it. Just embrace it.

CONSUME.

Sorry.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:54 am

i am interested in this too
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Olin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 am

Been using Foobar for years now and don't see any reason to use anything else. Takes up almost no space at all, is extremely customisable, free, works on OSX as far as I'm aware.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby weebles » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 pm

weebles

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:03 pm

friendship wrote:I don't want to talk about it but I never want to use this software again. Surely there must be an alternative--perhaps that has a mobile app as well--for storage and playback of audio media, for people who do not want to be tied into a Gordian knot of frustration every time they have to add a song, put music on their phone, change album art, or do any single that iTunes is supposed to do. What would you recommend?

i have been using itunes since 2004.
shit is fucking easy on OS X. maybe i'm just a glutton for punishment and enjoy it.

shit. even easy to use in windows 10.

also. as JAngle will tell you... Apple Music is fucking great. I don't sync music to my phone anymore.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby actual » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Olin wrote:Been using Foobar for years now and don't see any reason to use anything else. Takes up almost no space at all, is extremely customisable, free, works on OSX as far as I'm aware.

Was gonna say Foobar as well, but it looks like it's Windows only?

You can get Winamp tho :lol:
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Ah bummer, I think AyreWave was the Mac alternative to Foobar but I never had any reason to follow it.

#Foobarmasterrace tho
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Yeah I tunes fucking sucks. Have to update shit every 5 seconds and then it goes into auto mode

Apple Music is the shit tho

Gotta get unlimited data tho
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:30 am

JonnyAngle wrote:Yeah I tunes fucking sucks. Have to update shit every 5 seconds and then it goes into auto mode

Does Siri hate the way you tock?
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 am

JonnyAngle wrote:Yeah I tunes fucking sucks. Have to update shit every 5 seconds and then it goes into auto mode

I use iTunes as a catalog. Maybe I'm missing why you all hate it? I literally don't understand why you wouldn't like it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Olin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:05 am

I ended up hating it because it took up a lot of space, was slow and the layout wasn't customisable at all and it doesn't/didn't (it might now) support all the media types I wanted.

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby weebles » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 pm

iTunes also has the frustrating habit of removing older music you didn’t buy on iTunes during the updates. So you have to find it on your computer and then play it for it to repopulate.
weebles

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to General Discussion